30lb to lose in 2 months

Options

Replies

• thoseAmericanthighs
    Options
    I would sincerely advise against it and say that you will be lucky to lose 10 of those 30 in the 2 month time frame that you set for yourself.

What is more realistic is adding weights into your workout routine and eating a small-ish deficit packed with protein. You may not drop the lbs kgs whatever that you want, but you will be firmer than if you just lose the weight quickly. Also, when you go back to your regular routine, that weight will just come rushing back and make you feel poorly about yourself because you weren't able to keep it off. Break that cycle now and make smart nutritional choices and by adding in weights or resistance exercises at the very least.

Please remember that your body is essentially a machine that needs proper fuel in order to function as it is meant to. By crash dieting you are robbing your body of nutrients that it desperately needs and it will likely cause issues in the future, both immediate and further down the road. I foresee headaches, moodiness, lack of energy etc in your future if you try to lose so quickly. I can't help but believe that with a 5 month old that these would be very problematic symptoms to be dealing with on a daily basis just to meet a goal that is unfounded in any logic.

You can do whatever you put your mind to, but make sure that what you're putting your mind to is actually something that will benefit you in the long run rather than perpetuate an unhealthy cycle of endless crash diets and feelings of failure when the weight inevitably returns.
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    snaapz wrote: »
    It's possible! Two months might be hard though.

Here's my proof it can be done in 3 months! Give it %100 and you can do it!

hylv2zthlcrc.jpg

In 2013 I lost 30 pounds in 3 months using MyFitnessPal.

I didn't break my back doing it, and I still had thin crust pizza and beer weekly!

- Jogged/Ran for 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Did light weight lifting and 30 pushups for 15 minutes, 3-4 times a week
    - Consumed 1400-1600 calories per day
    - Consumed 120g-130g carbs per day

I'm doing it again now, feel free to add me as a friend anyone! I share my diary etc :)

Besides anything else, men have a higher metabolism going in. You are probably taller, you may weigh more, you probably have more muscle. You may or may not be younger.

So yeah- it stands to reason that if you lost 30 in 3 months, the OP can lose 30 in 2/3 the time :s
  • pjack142
    pjack142 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you who made an effort to comment and those who doubt if I can do it. Now I'm determined more than ever to lose 30lb in 1 month ;)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding that 5 month old? If so, your supply is going to tank big time, as well. You can't expect to sustain a healthy supply of milk if you're.. you know... going about things in an unhealthy manner.

If not... you're still risking your health more than it's worth. You're going to end up in a hospital for malnutrition (or worse) if you seriously try to do this. Remember too, that you not only lose fat with weight loss, you lose muscle too. Your heart is a muscle. Think about it for a minute there and think about the implications that could lead too.
  • pjack142
    Options
    I'm 5'7 tall and at the moment wearing size 16 UK. I'm so desperate to lose because none of my old clothes fit me anymore and I'm not looking forward to buy clothes size 16 which I'm not comfortable with it
  • chantyc1
    chantyc1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You can do it, I have 60 pounds to loose b4 summer hits I am going on holiday n can't be looking as I am. Let's do this together x
  • jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Are you breastfeeding that 5 month old? If so, your supply is going to tank big time, as well. You can't expect to sustain a healthy supply of milk if you're.. you know... going about things in an unhealthy manner.

Seconded. I have a 5 mo old and have just started dieting again and am only going for the 1-2 lbs a week, and my milk supply is down already. You need to eat enough to make milk. Oatmeal helps.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    pjack142 wrote: »
    Wow! I'm so grateful for each and everyone of you who made an effort to comment and those who doubt if I can do it. Now I'm determined more than ever to lose 30lb in 1 month ;)

I think you are misinterpreting what people are saying. The people who are cautioning you are people who have been exactly where you are. We know what it is like to not have any of your clothes fit, to be uncomfortable, to just want the weight gone.

People are not giving you this advice because they want to be rude or discourage you, they are saying it because they want you to succeed. Because they don't want to see you posting here in a few weeks about how upset you are from a huge binge you just had. Or asking about fad diets or pills because you haven't been able to stick to an unsustainable plan. We don't want to read posts from you asking about why you have all this loose skin or why your body doesn't look the way you want even though you've lost weight.

We want you to accomplish you goals and be able to keep the weight off. And we're willing to help if you'll let us.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    snaapz wrote: »
    LoL - I got married and gained it all back! So starting over!!!!

that must have been a huge ring
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The *last* 30 in two months? This is probably not a good idea. In fact, it's almost certainly a Very Bad Idea.

(This has probably already been said in the three pages. Guess I'll catch up and see.)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »
    I lost 40lbs in 60 days doing Insanity Max:30. I just started an accountability group to keep me on track while I do it again right here on MFP. You're welcome to join! Check my other posts for pics.

You lost 40 pounds in 60 days and now you're going to lose *another* 40 pounds in 60 days?!? Seems like this would be hard on your body...and hard to maintain.
  • pjack142
    Options
    Hi again. I just want to make this clear. I'm happy with all the comments and I didn't see any rude or negative comment so far. People have every right to agree or disagree with me. So I truly appreciate your honest opinion regardless. I'm not going to throw tantrums just because someone doesn't agree with me duuuh! So please feel free to say anything on your mind and you can add me if you want to see my food diary. Namaste
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    eulaliaaa wrote: »
    Lost about 30 in two months, It's not impossible just SO much determination to stay away from junk food! At least by doing it intensely for a couple months it's a much quicker process though, I need my motivation back.

Why do you need your motivation back? Were you unable to maintain the loss? Have you considered that perhaps it wasn't a lack of motivation but instead a lack of a reasonable and sustainable approach?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    First I would like to say,
    your goal may be hard to reach...... but, Dreaming big is how big things happen. Dont listen to what the negative feedback says, work for what you're trying to do and Even if you don't meet a daily goal, keep going till you reach the final goal.

If you want to add me feel free. If not, good luck and keep working on it. It will happen

Alternatively, make a reasonable goal with a reasonable plan, adhere to it, and ride the positive momentum to the ultimate goal.

This seems like a much better plan for many reasons.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you're overweight or obese it'll be pretty ok to lose 30 lb in 2 months. If you're on the slightly overweight to average side (like ~200 and under) it'll be more difficult. With hard work I am confident that you can at least get close to 30, if not hit it exactly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pjack142 wrote: »
    I believe it's do able. I have lost 4 kg in 4days

That's water
  • Tmdesir
    Tmdesir Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on Disney in March for my youngest daughters 2nd birthday. I would also like to loose 30lbs by then. (I would like to loose about 60 total) I know it's a hard goal but it doesn't hurt to try ;) Feel free to add me!!
  • DominiqueRobinson28
    DominiqueRobinson28 Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You can do it!! If thats your goal shoot for it and if a few months down the line you gain the weight back quickly then you know to try something different the next time no one has the same body or metabolism find what works for you
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lb/week is ideal
    If you have 15-25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lb/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lb/week is ideal

This. You don't have enough to lose to have 2 lbs/week be an ideal goal, much less the 5-11 you're talking about. I'm assuming you're trolling at this point, because for you to try to lose that much that fast you'd be eating nothing. I started at your size, and it took me a over year to lose 30 lbs.... But I didn't lose much muscle, I didn't starve, I ate whatever I wanted on vacations, and I didn't surrender my wine and chocolate. You could definitely lose faster than me - personal choice - but 2 months is unbelievably aggressive and not going to happen in any sort of healthy manner.