Getting your spouse on board...

Options
2»

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I realize if I want to lose weight I have to support and motivate myself. When my husband loses weight he is on track. But since the holidays he is not even thinking about dieting and this week as attempted many times to try and get me to go out to eat and have drinks because HE is not ready to get back on track. You have to find the strength within yourself and no one else not even hubby can help keep you on track. At least that is how it is in my household.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mz107 wrote: »
    yoovie wrote: »
    glares at roommate.

AMEN! Mine eats pizza quite literally 7 nights a week.

Mine is...

I have never met a more literal translation of couch potato.

thankfully, my 3 other besties are addicted to working out too.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Any advice for getting your spouse on board?
    really I NEED him to at least support my weight loss goals... by not buying sweets and sodas for the house.
    Any advice?

no you don't. you need to have self control and not eat sweets and drink sodas and set the example.

I kind of have to agree with this. If you depend on anyone else for support it's going to make it a lot harder. It's great when you have other people (especially your spouse) to do it with you but if you can't do it completely on your own it's going to be way harder for you to be successful!

I lost 65 pounds over 2.5 years, and through out that time I had all of my closest friends and family do it with me at one point or another (even my husband) but they all stopped...which is totally fine, it's a personal decision, but if I would have relied on them to do it with me I wouldn't have made it that far.

(side note- I have regained 20 pounds this year that I'm working on getting back off for good).

Agreed. We are all in this alone.