At what point did you get your rings re-sized?

Options
13»

Replies

• nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ummm....yeah, ring re-sizing....When you wash your hands and dry them using a paper towel and the ring is no longer on your finger....that's when, and probably best before you do that without realizing and lose the ring.
    Unfortunately the replacement holds no sentimental value to me, and it is also very loose now. I haven't worn it for several years, I suppose one day I should get that resized smaller again and should start wearing it.
    I guess what I'm really saying is pay the money and get it done before you lose the ring(s). It is about the only weight loss related thing I can think of that I really regret.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    How about these until you feel confident enough to get them resized?! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Snuggies-Assorted-Pack-Of/dp/B004U39CC0

That's similar to what I have on mine. I'm not wanting to take the chance of damaging it as it was my grandfather's. It works relatively well and is cheap.

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I've lost 58 lbs and have dropped from a size 5.5 down to a size 5.0 ring. I got a plain, sterling silver band from amazon that I have been wearing on the 'outside' of my wedding set so that they can't slide off. If go any lower (size 4.5 ring???) I would probably get it resized. It would stink though since my wedding band is an eternity diamond band. I would have to have diamonds removed =(
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    If you live in the US, you can get a ring sizer (snuggy type thing) at any jewelry store and they will put it in the rings and make sure it fits right.
    You can Google "ring sizer" and find out what they look like. It's just a band that goes inside your ring and clips on the side.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Wait for a couple months after you've achieved your goal for your body to settle and hands to regain some fat.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm not married, but I have some very nice gold rings that are now 3+ sizes too big. I have HUGE hands, but I was surprised to be able to wear a costume ring that I found at Charming Charlie recently.

I just use ring guards, but they sometimes catch on things and they can cut people when I am doing partner dancing. I'm fairly far from my goal, so mostly the rings just sit at home now.

I have one that was custom made for me when I turned 18. I KNOW that I still weigh quite a bit more than I did then, but I have disproportionally lost weight from my hands and feet.