20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :'( Sparkle, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. I have fallen a few times walking and have found it a challenge to keep going but it's worth it.

:D I live in NW Washington where it is wet often and snows occasionally in the winter. So far this winter our lowest pre dawn temperature has been 24 degrees F. I made a commitment three years ago to walk every day no matter what the weather and have done that even right after the bad fall I had a little over a year ago when my walks were about 15 minutes long instead of two hours. I have lots of outerwear that I can layer to meet our temperatures......I might have a different story in northern Canada, but for here, I'm doing great.

:D I've just finished breakfast and will take the dogs out for their long walk one at a time now (about 2 hours total), then shower and dress and go teach my beginner line dance class.

:mrgreen: have a great day
    Barbie
  • summersundries
    summersundries Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great group. I am trying to change my lifestyle and after a solid week of workouts and eating a balanced lower calorie diet the scale has finally decided to move. I must admit it was hard seeing it go up or stay he same all week, but I was looking more tight and feeling a ton better so I stuck with it. I started at 201 and now 198, aiming for 180 by Easter and a final goal of 140 ish by 2016
  • libertydh
    Options
    Happy Friday folks! I hope the Easter Challenge is off to a good start. I have been doing pretty good so far... My eating has been on track and I have not been emotional eating! yay!!

SW: 192.2
    CW: 188.6
    3.6lb loss
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sparkle - Sorry to hear about your face plant. I hope your lip gets better soon and you can get out there and have a fun run. May you heal fast. <3

We are now just digging out from the storm last night. Not sure how many inches or feet we got but our neighbors across the border got between 7 to 9 inches. DH is going out now to snow blow.

On a good note, I have lost 3.2 pounds this week on South Beach Phase 1. I did change my ticker this year and starting from there. Last summer I was my lowest at 168, now starting again.

SW - 192 CW 183.6 GW 163.6
    1/2 - 183.6
    1/9 - 180.4
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Shirley great lost on the SBD. you are doing great 3.2 lost congrats <3

Liberty great lost congrats 3.6 lost <3

Summer look like a 3 lb lost your week paid off

Barbiecat you are the best. losing and keeping your weight off for 6 years Fantastic 58 lbs. <3

Sparkle. Sorry about your fall.Hope you have a fast recovery like your spirit.<3

Rain dancer you are doing great My fellow Texan how is all of your family doing. Gonna watch the game Sunday The Dallas Cowboys?<3

Becky your are always giving very good advice to this group. But you teach Nursing in college and have a lot of knowledge to share, And thank you so much. <3

Connie your have become one of best of friends Thank you so much for all of your help on this new diet I am following You are doing quite well on it. Well me My weight stayed the same this week congrats on the 10,000 steps<3

eatless Wecome to this fantastic group. It is never too late to join us. glad to have you and good luck
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

tenpets wrote: »
    Happy Friday, everyone from bitterly cold Maryland! I had another loss this week, even with less exercise.

SW: 185.9
    CW: 181.9
    GW:165
    tenpets wrote: »
    Happy Friday, everyone from bitterly cold Maryland! I had another loss this week, even with less exercise.

SW: 185.9
    CW: 181.9
    GW:165
    Good lost Becky 4 whole lbs
    I am not thru will be back a little later
    Marie

• CoCoLynn129
    CoCoLynn129 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    SW 153.7
    CW 151.8
    GW 133

Hey everyone Happy Friday! I lost 1.9 this week, Im so happy! My goal this week is to focus more on my Fitbit steps. Chicago weather was awful this week, only made it to the gym once, this week...no excuses! Great job everyone and have a great weekend!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    lilgirl105 wrote: »
    Where is everyone from?? I'm in ND. Just got done with a blizzard... :s [/quote..........................................................................................................] I am from Mesquite Texas.But Claimed Dallas when
    away from Home. It borders Mesquite. Good luck on this challenge
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sorry if I miss anyone but did read all of your post I am just overwhelm by all the resonse to this Challenge. Thank you so much for sinning up Now lets do our job
    Marie
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm late, but i think this is such a realistic goal. I'm in!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    rbentrup81 wrote: »
    I'm late, but i think this is such a realistic goal. I'm in!
    Welcome our great group Lets get the show on the road. We can do it. And will
    Marie

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    From Wisconsin here, and no I don't watch football. :expressionless:
    Weigh-in is on Monday but feeling good today. Having a good week with working out 2 days and then haveing a day of rest. I still need to get my food under control.
    I am nervous/excited I have my measurments done again in 2 weeks with the personal trainer.
  • GetBackSuzy
    GetBackSuzy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am another late arrival but I would really like to join in. I need the motivation to get serious about losing weight again and this sounds ideal.
  • Arkie_Ali
    Arkie_Ali Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party, but I'd love to join. I've been a member here for a few years and have lost and gained a few times over. This year I turn 30 and would love to start out my 30's with my weight in check. 20 lbs by Easter is a very realistic and achievable goal, thanks for starting the group!
  • crmaragh
    Options
    I'm a late arrival, but I'd love to be in on this! 15-20 will put me right at my target weight.
    SW 185
    CW 153
    GW---anything under 140
    Here's to a happy, healthy 2015!

Rene'
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    crmaragh wrote: »
    I'm a late arrival, but I'd love to be in on this! 15-20 will put me right at my target weight.
    SW 185
    CW 153
    GW---anything under 140
    Here's to a happy, healthy 2015!

Rene'

never too late here. We welcome all Glad you decided to join the great group
    On our way
    marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Arkie_Ali wrote: »
    I'm late to the party, but I'd love to join. I've been a member here for a few years and have lost and gained a few times over. This year I turn 30 and would love to start out my 30's with my weight in check. 20 lbs by Easter is a very realistic and achievable goal, thanks for starting the group!

Arkie Welcome no you are not late to this party. It just begun
    So glad you join this great and wonderful group
    marie
    939425cdiy8p6frc.gif
  • summersundries
    summersundries Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also for the location thing I am in new brunswich Canada. We just had a week of - 30 Celsius and below so I have been using the gym daily but yesterday it went up to a balmy negative 8 Celsius so I did an hour of snowshoeing to celebrate the "warm" weather. It's hard to do outside activities because I am so far north the sun rises after I get to work and is done setting 15 minutes after my work ends so by the time I pack up and get the car cleared off its pretty much nighttime. Ah the joys of northern living ;)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    I am not so far north but the sun rises at 8 and if I want to walk my dogs for 2 hours or more and still be to a class at 9 AM I do a lot of walking in the dark. I live in a perfect neighborhood with private well paved roads and a light in everyone's front yard so I can safely walk with a dog on a leash and a flashlight. This morning I have a 7 AM meeting so I am walking even earlier.

:D Barbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    <3 (*) <3
    Barbie very well said. Its been 2 weeks since I have had a weight lost but I have not had a gain either So that is good too I am a very hard loser Will continue on my eating plan. Usally about this time of the game I am ready to throw in the towel But not this time. I will keep at it till the weight .start moving again. I can't blame it on water weight for I can see my vines in my foot.I am keeping my calories down
    Any body else has this problem.
    Marie