Subway Sandwich Calories....be careful

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    chamuco85 wrote: »
    Subway food has a ton of salt...

So does my roasted goat, but we're not talking about salt brah.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use the calculator on line to build my sandwich. Go to the All sandwiches, and click on the one you want. On the right it has the nutrition info. Under that, it says calculate yours. Click on that and it will let you add/remove ingredients and update the nutrition info accordingly. I'll do that and take a picture and use that when I order. Not that I go to Subway much - not a big fan of sandwiches most of the time. I think you used to be able to start from scratch, and select the meats as well, but that seems to have disappeared. :/
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

So does your body, and you'd die in 5 seconds without it.

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Subway = inferior sandwiches.

Subway is great...

If you want a real sandwich, get yourself to a Potbelly, Capriotti's, or Great Harvest Bread Co.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    This guy is cracking me up!!

• dbmata
    Options
    Subway = inferior sandwiches.

Subway is great...

If you want a real sandwich, get yourself to a Potbelly, Capriotti's, or Great Harvest Bread Co.

There's a great harvest across the street from my office. They make a good grilled cheese, the rest is meh, and it's not a sub.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

and your point is...??????????????????
  • dbmata
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    This guy is cracking me up!!

My leg is sore, I either make jokes, or get mad. lol.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Most likely so does his soup lunch. Not seeing the relevancy here.
  • WranglerMichelle
    WranglerMichelle Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What I do to figure out Subway calories is go to their list of sandwiches (click here), choose the sandwich I want, then click "Calculate yours" to figure out the nutritional value.

According to Subway's default settings for the turkey breast and ham (which is 6", 9-grain wheat, no cheese, cucumbers, green peppers, lettuce, red onions, and tomatoes with no sauce), that's all the 280 calories that was posted on the board. That's really not much more than your soup and fruit. If you want a sub, eat a sub!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Yikes, thanks for the warning! You also have to be careful how many toppings they add sometimes. I know when I was calculating the nutrition for a burrito from Chipotle the other day, it used standard serving sizes for each addition to determine its caloric content, rather than how much they actually use :x I know when eating out it'll never be 100% perfect, but sometimes you're eating a whole lot more than you think just simply because employees graciously dish you out more than a standard "serving"!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Yikes, thanks for the warning! You also have to be careful how many toppings they add sometimes. I know when I was calculating the nutrition for a burrito from Chipotle the other day, it used standard serving sizes for each addition to determine its caloric content, rather than how much they actually use :x I know when eating out it'll never be 100% perfect, but sometimes you're eating a whole lot more than you think just simply because employees graciously dish you out more than a standard "serving"!

I think you need to re-read the original post...

he was complaining about how they supposedly provide their nutritional information, not about how they made the sandwiches...

either way, his original sentiment was wrong..and he never came back...
  • dbmata
    Options
    oh man, Chipotle, those guys are just trying to make everyone fat. Did you know they give way more rice than the website says they do!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    anashnyc wrote: »
    So, I went into my local Subway for a change of my usual soup lunch. There are a few low calorie options, but the listed calories can be deceiving if you are not careful. The Turkey Breast & Ham 6" Sub. is listed on their calorie board (Posted listings are required in nyc) as 280 calories. When I asked which bread that was included in that calorie count, the counter man told me the 280 is only for the meat. It doesnt include any bread or condiments. The picture next to the calories is a full sandwich on bread with lettuce , cheese tomatoes etc. In reality if you have a sandwich on 9 grain bread with just tomato and mustard, it comes out to 500 calories! I usually just have a 160 calorie soup and a piece of fruit for lunch. I will go back to that, but be careful of calorie counts. Lesson learned

Bro. You wear a suit, which means you probably know how to read.

Read the calorie list and it details what the calorie count includes, which the bread is included.

WTH man, also, your reality is incorrect. I hope you don't work in finance.

Lol! Sorry this made me laugh. Too funny. XD
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I just make my own sandwiches using St Joseph's Whole Wheat Pita breads available in the Walmart Deli section. They only have 60 calories and you can load them up with your choice of healthy toppings. My favorites are LEAN ham, a SUPER thin slice of Monterey Jack cheese, boatloads of raw spinach and some Peach Mango salsa.... YUMMY!!!! Mine comes in at right around 200 calories...

YUM! I will definitely be trying this out.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    oh man, Chipotle, those guys are just trying to make everyone fat. Did you know they give way more rice than the website says they do!

I heard that it is *gasp* white rice too ...!!!!!!!!!!! oh noooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssss
  • dbmata
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    anashnyc wrote: »
    So, I went into my local Subway for a change of my usual soup lunch. There are a few low calorie options, but the listed calories can be deceiving if you are not careful. The Turkey Breast & Ham 6" Sub. is listed on their calorie board (Posted listings are required in nyc) as 280 calories. When I asked which bread that was included in that calorie count, the counter man told me the 280 is only for the meat. It doesnt include any bread or condiments. The picture next to the calories is a full sandwich on bread with lettuce , cheese tomatoes etc. In reality if you have a sandwich on 9 grain bread with just tomato and mustard, it comes out to 500 calories! I usually just have a 160 calorie soup and a piece of fruit for lunch. I will go back to that, but be careful of calorie counts. Lesson learned

Bro. You wear a suit, which means you probably know how to read.

Read the calorie list and it details what the calorie count includes, which the bread is included.

WTH man, also, your reality is incorrect. I hope you don't work in finance.

Reported. OP clearly doesn't know how to read. Your comment offends me.

Hold me before the swamp's sadness gets to me.
  • dbmata
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I heard that it is *gasp* white rice too ...!!!!!!!!!!! oh noooooooooooooooossssssssssssssssss

Why you always gotta bring rice race into it?