Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    anashnyc wrote: »
    So, I went into my local Subway for a change of my usual soup lunch. There are a few low calorie options, but the listed calories can be deceiving if you are not careful. The Turkey Breast & Ham 6" Sub. is listed on their calorie board (Posted listings are required in nyc) as 280 calories. When I asked which bread that was included in that calorie count, the counter man told me the 280 is only for the meat. It doesnt include any bread or condiments. The picture next to the calories is a full sandwich on bread with lettuce , cheese tomatoes etc. In reality if you have a sandwich on 9 grain bread with just tomato and mustard, it comes out to 500 calories! I usually just have a 160 calorie soup and a piece of fruit for lunch. I will go back to that, but be careful of calorie counts. Lesson learned

Bro. You wear a suit, which means you probably know how to read.

Read the calorie list and it details what the calorie count includes, which the bread is included.

WTH man, also, your reality is incorrect. I hope you don't work in finance.

Reported. OP clearly doesn't know how to read. Your comment offends me.

really? is this kindergarten ...your going to run off to the mods, because your offended by sarcasam ....#getoveryourself

ETA - or are you just screwing around and I totally missed that????????
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    the problem i have with subway isn't with the calories but the content. i have a soy & corn allergy and their meats and breads contain both. i am learning that corn is a filler and it's getting increasingly more difficult to find meats w/o it.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    So, I went into my local Subway for a change of my usual soup lunch. There are a few low calorie options, but the listed calories can be deceiving if you are not careful. The Turkey Breast & Ham 6" Sub. is listed on their calorie board (Posted listings are required in nyc) as 280 calories. When I asked which bread that was included in that calorie count, the counter man told me the 280 is only for the meat. It doesnt include any bread or condiments. The picture next to the calories is a full sandwich on bread with lettuce , cheese tomatoes etc. In reality if you have a sandwich on 9 grain bread with just tomato and mustard, it comes out to 500 calories! I usually just have a 160 calorie soup and a piece of fruit for lunch. I will go back to that, but be careful of calorie counts. Lesson learned

Read the calorie list and it details what the calorie count includes, which the bread is included.

Hold me before the swamp's sadness gets to me.

Reported for bringing up the swamp of sadness, and crying over Artax.

swamp-of-sadness.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

really? is this kindergarten ...your going to run off to the mods, because your offended by sarcasam ....#getoveryourself

I'm 83.27% sure it was just screwing around. Relax buddy, take this half gram of caffeine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I'm 83.27% sure it was just screwing around. Relax buddy, take this half gram of caffeine.

LOL

yea, that one flew over my head ...
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    your profile name leads me to believe you live in nyc. why would you ever eat at a Subway when you can go to any deli and get a lot better sandwich?
  • dbmata
    Options
    You know why the Artax thing is so horrible?

Horse meat is delicious. He lost All. That. Meat.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    markie166 wrote: »
    the last subway I had was a footlong chicken and bacon ranch.... yum yum cost me about 1000 calories... well worth it. I even washed it down with a coke and a cookie

Sometimes you've just gotta have a cookie.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options

I bet that swamp is really salty too, just think of the mile high sandwich.
  • dbmata
    Options

I bet that swamp is really salty too, just think of the mile high sandwich.

Early method of meat preservation?

Horse jerky?
    Horse tartare?
  • Micbou1
    Micbou1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    chamuco85 wrote: »
    Subway food has a ton of salt...

So does my roasted goat, but we're not talking about salt brah.

LOL
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    oh man, Chipotle, those guys are just trying to make everyone fat. Did you know they give way more rice than the website says they do!

really? I thought it's because that guy really likes me.... :p
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    oh man, Chipotle, those guys are just trying to make everyone fat. Did you know they give way more rice than the website says they do!
    HOW DARE THEY GIVE ME MORE FOOD THAN I PAY FOR!!!

Now I want chipotle :sad:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    HOW DARE THEY GIVE ME MORE FOOD THAN I PAY FOR!!!

Now I want chipotle :sad:

i <3<3<3<3 chipotle

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I wish they had a chipotle here :'(
  • dbmata
    Options
    Just don't go to Qdoba, that place is horse paste made to resemble food.
  • rendash49221
    rendash49221 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

That was uncalled for! Some people do watch their sodium intake as a part of their diet and informing others of the high salt content in Subway's food may help someone avoid it.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options

That was uncalled for! Some people do watch their sodium intake as a part of their diet and informing others of the high salt content in Subway's food may help someone avoid it.

I don't think it's uncalled for. He's got a valid point, because the title of the thread IS Subway Sandwich CALORIES after all.

Also, making a generic statement like claiming Subway's foods are high in salt doesn't help anyone, because the amount of salt wasn't even listed, and "high" is relative.