Fat Fighters - Round 2 Fit n' Trim (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh... if a bunch of you are up this week from water weight, I could be in trouble! I was really good last week and got rid of any water weight I was holding onto... :ohwell:
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Maria, way to go on your weight loss so far and cool that you were in the top 4 for the first round. I am hoping the weigh in requirement each week will get me motivated to starte eating better and moving more. Eating my healthy lunch right now and off to search for some dinner ideas. Who's making what tonight? :bigsmile:

Oh, DH made sausage and peppers last night and I was up 1.5 pounds from yesterday! I hated to see that number but hopefully it is all water and will be gone next week.

Awe, thank you!! Well, the competition is still going with that one - Monday is the weigh in for it. I have lost every week but last week I gained- thought I was out and then someone ended up dropping out due to not being able to weigh in. And a sweetheart of a competitor as well. I felt kinda bad - like I don't deserve to stay in, but was happy since I needed it to keep going - weight loss can be so hard and such a mental challenge sometimes and this week has been a toughie. I will conquer! LOL.

Accountant - I haven't seen the 160's since high school either - probably 7th grade IF that. We will hit the amazing 160's together!!! :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Nah - Trent you'll be fine. When you set your mind to doing well, you do a good job at it. I think this comp will help keep us motivated so all should be good.

Well, looks like we have to hit the bank when I get home, so we'll be getting dinner, then to the grocery store. I do much better shopping by myself, but hubby likes to go I guess...and that means we have the girlies as well. We end up with a lot more junk, but they are all home all day so they eat most of it. If we can keep it to just popsicles for the junk I'm all good - I don't eat them for some reason.

Ok, now to go check out that exercise link you posted Trent.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Trent, as long as you stay on our team you will be fine, we plan to lose the most and the other team will have to vote someone off. :bigsmile:
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    Mindy - if I get a treadmill we can start the c25k together. I've been motivated to try a couple times, but I just can't do it. I can do it in my living room though. I'm thinking of getting one tonight - its used, but not sure. Anyway - just thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh, I live in MI. I have 3.5 year old twin girls who stay home with their dad all day so that adds into my not wanting to leave to run or whatever after I get home from work.

Hmmm, what else - I'm 31 and am 5'3". I never had an issue with weight until I had kids. I was about 184 when I had them, got back down to my pre-prego weight initially, then went back up. I think I was about 165 before I joined here - can't remember and I've altered my weight a couple times because of scales. Anyway, I know where I am now so it is what it is.

Definitely let me know! :) My parents have a treadmill at their house and I could go over there to do it, having a partner would help out a lot.
  • mindy71183
    Options
    Finally home from work. :)

I'm Erin and I live in Appleton Wisconsin. I am currently 5'4" and 184 lbs. I've been a member of MFP since I think January and I've lost 10 lbs since then. I'm married and have a little boy that's 2 years old.
    I admit that I struggle with eating healthy, but I've decided that I need to do something about my weight. My goal is to get back to my pre-marriage weight of 130. I am considered a prediabetic and I don't want that to move to a full diabetic.
    I'm a gamer, painter, writer and a car nut.
    I'm hoping that this challenge helps keep my motivation levels up and I continue working out everyday. I do a couple of different workouts using my Kinect.
    It's great to meet you all!

Erin, we are the same height and weight. I too want my pre-marriage weight of 130 back... I also have a 2 year old, but she's a little girl. :)
  • mindy71183
    Options
    I am definitely up this week on water weight! :(

My MFP weigh in day is tomorrow so hopefully I am down.

Is anyone celebrating Cinco De Mayo tomorrow night? I am going to a Mexican restaurant with some friends, I am dreading the food choices and margaritas. I almost canceled, but it has been a tradition of ours for five years now...
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    How'd everyone do today? I was very "snacky" when I got home from work - luckily I limited my snacks to reasonable choices (some yogurt and crackers) then I ate a vitamuffin after dinner. My dinner was pretty light. I didn't feel like going to the gym (my legs are super sore from yesterday's workout) so I went walking/jogging with my mom, who has just started the C25K program (Yay for my mom!). I figure a light workout tonight is better than nothing at all. I want to do *something* every day, even if it's something light like walking around the neighborhood.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    How'd everyone do today? I was very "snacky" when I got home from work - luckily I limited my snacks to reasonable choices (some yogurt and crackers) then I ate a vitamuffin after dinner. My dinner was pretty light. I didn't feel like going to the gym (my legs are super sore from yesterday's workout) so I went walking/jogging with my mom, who has just started the C25K program (Yay for my mom!). I figure a light workout tonight is better than nothing at all. I want to do *something* every day, even if it's something light like walking around the neighborhood.
    That's my plan too, do something everyday... I'm pretty good at dieting but finding time for exercise (with 4 kids, a husband, and managing a bar) is a different story. I just got back from a 45 minute walk with the fam though :)
  • mindy71183
    Options

I did ok yesterday, I stayed just under my calorie goal, but I went over on my sodium. I did get two good work outs in. Today will be a challenge, Mexican with my friends tonight... I just have to come home and work out!

Good for your mom starting Couch to 5K! :) I need to get my butt in gear and start.
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    I did real good with the calories but not so hot with the exercise, in fact none. :frown: Hoping today will be better.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Well, we ended up going to Logans for dinner last night. I haven't input it yet. I was thinking of not, but I might to see the damage. I did eat a roll but only about half the dinner cause I was full after my salad. However, I did get my butt up off the couch and did the elliptical for 40 minutes. I just turned on the game in the other room and watched the Wings lose there :cry: I didn't drink any pop yesterday and no fast food either.

Today will be a little harder with the potluck. I have abstained from the sweets so far but this afternoon will be the hard part. I did have a bagel but it could have been way worse.

I am emailing a girl about a treadmill so I might be able to go get it tonight if she's still got it. If I get it, I want to start c25k this weekend. I'll let you know!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hello Fat Fighters!! I had someone post on the old thread to join in. Question is, do you want to leave your team as is - or - find another player?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Hello Fat Fighters!! I had someone post on the old thread to join in. Question is, do you want to leave your team as is - or - find another player?

I'm sad that McFatterton couldn't join! It would make sense to even out the teams... but I'm okay with whatever you decide (since you're the challenge organizer!)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

I'm sad that McFatterton couldn't join! It would make sense to even out the teams... but I'm okay with whatever you decide (since you're the challenge organizer!)

I agree Sara was a consistent player and fun.

Well, the thing is they would have to weigh in today or tomorrow giving them less of an advantage. So, it could end up effecting the whole team. I don't want to put you at a disadvantage at this point. Even tho, the teams are uneven, it's based on % of body weight. So, it really does stay "fair" in my opinion.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options

I agree Sara was a consistent player and fun.

Well, the thing is they would have to weigh in today or tomorrow giving them less of an advantage. So, it could end up effecting the whole team. I don't want to put you at a disadvantage at this point. Even tho, the teams are uneven, it's based on % of body weight. So, it really does stay "fair" in my opinion.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense... I'm okay with leaving the teams as-in, then. What about the other Fat Fighters - what do you all think?
  • mindy71183
    Options
    I think we should leave them as they are...
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I think we should leave them as they are...

ditto!

Sad we can't have Sara though. Dang internet.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I will go witth majority rules :)
  • mcdebbie
    Options
    You don't think having another player would help us out? I'll go with what everybody else wants, just trying to figure out the advantages and disadvantages