How much weight loss to see a noticeable difference!?

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Brand sizing in the uk is different between stores, brands and ranges

I simply can't believe at your stats you are a uk 12, I'm 4 inches taller,weigh 168 and am a uk 10-12

I think you have body dysmporphia, you have a BMI of 19.2, a target of the lowest possible healthy range BMI at 18.5, your profile pic looks extremely thin and you need to get outside, objective help

This. Something is off. I'm 5'4" and 139 and even a UK 12 (US 10??) would be big on me.

Please don't lose any more weight. Do you have any photos to compare?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I simply can't believe at your stats you are a uk 12, I'm 4 inches taller,weigh 168 and am a uk 10-12

I think you have body dysmporphia, you have a BMI of 19.2, a target of the lowest possible healthy range BMI at 18.5, your profile pic looks extremely thin and you need to get outside, objective help

This. Something is off. I'm 5'4" and 139 and even a UK 12 (US 10??) would be big on me.

What's off is she really needs to get with her therapist, she's stopped taking her depression meds from her profile
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

I think that a UK 12 is a US 8.

When I was 5'4" and 139, I was close to a US 14. It is possible.

I question losing all that weight and the size not budging though.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

I think that a UK 12 is a US 8.

When I was 5'4" and 139, I was close to a US 14. It is possible.

I question losing all that weight and the size not budging though.

True. Our bodies are all different.

But with that amount of weight loss there should be a change in pants size for sure.
  • arditarose
    Options

What's off is she really needs to get with her therapist, she's stopped taking her depression meds from her profile

And this.
  • fatfox13
    fatfox13 Posts: 30 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok so I've been looking at this on the internet and some places are suggesting that I'm losing MUCSLE and not fat, hence the scales going down but still same clothes size!? God I can't believe I'm doing this lol but here are pics that I've started taking for my own reference - I took the first one in October at 121lbs (8st 9) and the last picture was taken last night January 10th at 112lbs (8st) so that's a total loss of NINE lbs and I can't SEE or FEEL a difference even.
    - PS I don't need anti depressants or a therapist, I just need to push myself harder and work out how to lose WEIGHT/FAT effectively.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Is there any chance that you are too thin and your family doesn't want to seem to be encouraging the weight loss?

so, they lie and tell her she looks exactly the same? wouldn't that cause the opposite effect?

I really wonder if there is some body dysmorphia going on, or misreading things that are said/not said ny other people. From her own "I hate myself" to the reaction when someone told her she was wearing the wrong dress, something doesn't add up.

• arditarose
    Options
    OP it's not letting me quote you right now.

There is a difference in that photo, for sure. And you don't need to lose anymore weight. You need some muscle. And some confidence.
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    the image makes it so i can't quote your post, but if you lost all that weight, it's doubtful that you lost it all in muscle.

but looking at those pics, they do look similar, although, you look perfectly fine in all of them. you don't look 154 pounds in the first pic. you look much smaller. why did you even want to lose weight in the first place?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    fatfox13 wrote: »
    Ok so I've been looking at this on the internet and some places are suggesting that I'm losing MUCSLE and not fat, hence the scales going down but still same clothes size!? God I can't believe I'm doing this lol but here are pics that I've started taking for my own reference - I took the first one in October at 121lbs (8st 9) and the last picture was taken last night January 10th at 112lbs (8st) so that's a total loss of NINE lbs and I can't SEE or FEEL a difference even.
    - PS I don't need anti depressants or a therapist, I just need to push myself harder and work out how to lose WEIGHT/FAT effectively.

It probably would be beneficial. Your profile describes someone who finds herself disgusting and miserable even with this weight loss. That is concerning.

• Aviva92
    Options

There is a difference in that photo, for sure. And you don't need to lose anymore weight. You need some muscle. And some confidence.

you think so? I think the pics look the same, unless there is a difference on a side view.

I think she looks great in all 3 though.
  • RicoMittens
    RicoMittens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and weighed 265 about 2 years ago. By September of this year I had dropped to 226. No one noticed because I was wearing exactly same clothes. What was snug was loose but still wearable. I noticed though: I could walk with my husband and keep up and didn't have to keep asking him to slow down or wait for me. I didn't have to fear the seatbelt extender when flying. No heartburn at night to wake me up. Then I dropped under 200 and everyone noticed, partly because all of a sudden it seemed like I deflated. That almost made me feel more uncomfortable than the not noticing. So I guess the ramble is, find what makes you feel good. Go with that. Hang what others think because at the end of the day it's you and you alone.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options

I agree, you don't need to lose weight and you do not appear have much fat. I'm surprised you say you are a size 12 as you look like an 8 to me. I honestly think you are seeing fat that doesn't exist, and hiding away in bigger clothes because of it.
  • suzmagana
    suzmagana Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with other posters in regard to body dysmorphia. At 5'4 you are at a healthy weight now. I'm 5'4" and was my healthiest/fittest at 120 (was 114 then started running and put on muscle). You are still wearing larger sizes because you are hiding your body. Go to a doctor and have your physical health assessed objectively then please go back to a therapist.

The posters saying that what matters is how you feel have their heart in the right place but I think they are missing the point. You feel overweight even though you are not anymore, and you will get underweight if you don't stop.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

you think so? I think the pics look the same, unless there is a difference on a side view.

I think she looks great in all 3 though.

I see a difference, too.

• Dnarules
    Options
    the image makes it so i can't quote your post, but if you lost all that weight, it's doubtful that you lost it all in muscle.

but looking at those pics, they do look similar, although, you look perfectly fine in all of them. you don't look 154 pounds in the first pic. you look much smaller. why did you even want to lose weight in the first place?

She isn't 154 in that one. She is 121.
  • Dnarules
    Options

This. Nyou do not need to lose more.

• Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

She isn't 154 in that one. She is 121.

ooooooooooooh, i misread that. yes, i can definitely buy a 9 pound weightloss between those pics. i see a slight difference in her legs maybe. i was more curious to see a pic at 154 compared to 112 though. that should be a dramatic change.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Curious - did you go off the depression meds by yourself or suddenly, or did your doctor step you down gradually?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i dont think they notice weight as much as size. go from a 12 to an 8 and people will notice. from a 12 to a 10 or a 10 to an 8, not so much 4 sizes seems to be what it takes for people to notice