I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
Is it just me, or is it impossible to date nowadays? My dating history is one horror story after the next. It's almost unbelievable, like i'm living in the twilight zone with these "dates" I find myself on.

I need an intervention.

Anyone else feel like a flystrip for dysfunctional men/women?

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Want to laugh? Check out this gem of an exchange I had with a dude from Match. Seriously, you can't make this sh&t up.

imgur.com/a/15b6g

Keep on, keeping on.
  • Cantalope
    Cantalope Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Nope...it's impossible. Totally feel ya on this one! Frustrating is putting it mildly some days.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I can't even get my own husband to date me. We've been on one date since 2002. To a lunch buffet.
  • ItIsTJ
    ItIsTJ Posts: 116 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    trust me, I feel the exact same.

I don't even bother looking anymore, it's like they're fine in the beginning and then BOOM! crazy or they have some built-up issues that eventually come out and it's one of those "f#$% sakes" moments. And even on the once off dates it's kinda like "what am I doing here?"

Using the motto : "I'm just going to keep training until someone loves me" - seems good enough for me at the moment.

All good things take time...I guess
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You and me both OP. I had some interesting dates.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    wamydia wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

• PRMinx
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

Isn't that nice?

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Charming.

• yopeeps025
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

+1
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

He did say almost every man he knows.....how many men does he know?
    and typically the people you know and hang out with you tend to have a lot of commonalities so frankly not surpriseing that these guys think that.

I for one don't think that, and believe most men don't think like that.
    Women are nothing like cars.
  • yopeeps025
    edited January 2015
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and "almost every man I know". There is only one person I know 100% bought the car without a test drive and I kind of knew he would. I encourage it since he wanted to wait why not.

• JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,042 Member
    Options
    I have no dating history! :sweat_smile:
  • wamydia
    wamydia Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Yep. I had a guy messaging me and asking me to meet him an hour after we exchanged our first message on the dating site and I said no. So he messaged me again the next morning to try again. He didn't seem to understand that I wanted to make sure he wasn't a nutjob before I agreed to meet him. After running into similar situations a few more times, I did some reading online. Apparently it has become a common attitude that if a woman won't meet you within the first three messages or so on the dating site that she never will. And, according to at least one message board I visited, that she is an evil monster who is taking part in a conspiracy to "waste men's time." That was it for online dating more me. Apparently I'm just too cautious by nature.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can't even count how many horrible dates I've been on. I had one guy stare at my boobs the whole time. THE WHOLE TIME. Seriously a glance now and then I get, but he stared the whole time and I don't think he had an idea of what my face looked like until I said "hey, they don't talk or do tricks".

I had another guy tell me that just the way my dog looked annoyed him and I'd have to get rid of him. I had just adopted him the week before and saved him from being put to sleep. KTHXBYE, @$$hat.

I had a guy meet me at Wendy's (because ya know, class) and then grabbed my boob in the parking lot. Then begged for a 2nd date and sent me a junk picture as I was almost home from that date.

I've had a guy grab me, start kissing me to the point I thought he was going to suck my face off my skull. He was also grabbing my boobs. I finally got away from him and told him I wasn't like that and he replied with, "but I like them". Good for you jack@$$. Then he grabbed me again and I put him in a wrist lock and made him hurt for a bit.

And that was just four different first dates. My ex-boyfriends were all cheaters, except one who was emotionally and verbally abusive, and another who just decided to get back with his ex who cheated on him the whole time. She also lived in California when he was in Kansas.

Man this really makes me appreciate my current boyfriend now. Love the crap outta that man.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    "It was taken with a photography camera". As opposed to??? That's where the conversation should have ended. @PRMinx‌
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    adowe wrote: »

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

He did say almost every man he knows.....how many men does he know?
    and typically the people you know and hang out with you tend to have a lot of commonalities so frankly not surpriseing that these guys think that.

I for one don't think that, and believe most men don't think like that.
    Women are nothing like cars.

I never said anything about comparing women to cars. The meaning of the expression is what I am talking about.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and "almost every man I know". There is only one person I know 100% bought the car without a test drive and I kind of knew he would. I encourage it since he wanted to wait why not.

I feel blessed to never met you or "almost every man" you know.