I have the WORST dating history of all time

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    _Tink_ wrote: »
    I can't even get my own husband to date me. We've been on one date since 2002. To a lunch buffet.

This makes me sad....

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    wamydia wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and "almost every man I know". There is only one person I know 100% bought the car without a test drive and I kind of knew he would. I encourage it since he wanted to wait why not.

well fortunately not everyone thinks like that because- I spent almost 3 years with my BF before "test driving"... with severe trauma issues- that was a REALLY touchy subject- so needless to say both he and I sucked at "test driving"

it was horrible- we were both really glad we didn't go away and make a big "fun" "romantic" weekend out of it- it was awful.

The bed room- with proper communication and a good personal connection can be vastly improved upon with work and practice.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    This thread depresses me........
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,385 Member
    To be fair to yopeeps, (prepare for unpopular comment)

Eventually I would want to "test drive" a potential mate. Just because that compatibility is important and all that jazz.

That is not to say you test drive first. You test drive after you know the car's not going to crash and cause a cinematic fireball.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    My new year's resolution was "no more men". (kind of jokingly, but...)
    I totally understand where you're coming from...
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    Oh God, at least i'm not alone....but seriously, seems like they are everywhere.
    I had a guy ask me on a first date within the first 30 minutes if "clothing was optional" and then said "would you like to touch my soft balls?" ............uhhhhh

Oh my gosh. I feel for you. Where did you find this person? So I can avoid it obviously, not start hanging out there or anything creepy.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and "almost every man I know". There is only one person I know 100% bought the car without a test drive and I kind of knew he would. I encourage it since he wanted to wait why not.

well fortunately not everyone thinks like that because- I spent almost 3 years with my BF before "test driving"... with severe trauma issues- that was a REALLY touchy subject- so needless to say both he and I sucked at "test driving"

it was horrible- we were both really glad we didn't go away and make a big "fun" "romantic" weekend out of it- it was awful.

The bed room- with proper communication and a good personal connection can be vastly improved upon with work and practice.

So much this.

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    I for one don't think that, and believe most men don't think like that.
    Women are nothing like cars.

*kitten*. I've been doing things all wrong. Is that why my wife always says no when I ask to check under her hood?

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

Eventually I would want to "test drive" a potential mate. Just because that compatibility is important and all that jazz.

That is not to say you test drive first. You test drive after you know the car's not going to crash and cause a cinematic fireball.

Well, maybe, but the analogy is probably not the thing to say the first time you are talking to someone. Or even the first date. Or even ever.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

Isn't that nice?

You must hang out with a lot of *kitten* then.

Or men who actually know who they are. I do not know too many sexless relationship. I will say that my company of people is very interesting.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,385 Member

Well, maybe, but the analogy is probably not the thing to say the first time you are talking to someone. Or even the first date. Or even ever.

True, definitely not something I'd say out loud. Except perhaps in the case of:
    I for one don't think that, and believe most men don't think like that.
    Women are nothing like cars.

*kitten*. I've been doing things all wrong. Is that why my wife always says no when I ask to check under her hood?

Because I laughed so hard.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Last year, maybe. I'm okay, now.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member

Isn't that nice?

Or men who actually know who they are. I do not know too many sexless relationship. I will say that my company of people is very interesting.

Yeah, felons have lots of fascinating stories to tell.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

Isn't that nice?

No one is suggesting a sexless relationship.

But comparing having sex with a woman to test driving a car? Gross.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    must say its just as bad for some of us men as well .. lol
    ive had women contact me and within minutes ive had proposals of road testing as you put it .. as for actual dates .. we dont want to sit and listen to you big up your kids or diss your ex .. you women can be just as bad .. honest men get anywhere in the online dating wars.. lol
  • Markdjones83
    quick someone start posting some funny gifs!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member

Isn't that nice?

Yeah, felons have lots of fascinating stories to tell.

You're funny. Anymore assumptions you have?
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    jyogit wrote: »
    ive had women contact me and within minutes ive had proposals of road testing as you put it .. as for actual dates .. we dont want to sit and listen to you big up your kids or diss your ex .. you women can be just as bad .. honest men get anywhere in the online dating wars.. lol

Oh I do not doubt that straight men encounter their fair share of crazy too! A colleague of mine asked her last date how many women he'd slept with and why he was still 'only' a junior editor at work. Why he didn't call her back, I'll never know.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    jyogit wrote: »

I've heard that men usually get a lot of women asking for money for "services" right off the bat. It's horrible with both genders. Comparing one to the other is pointless. Both genders are equally terrible.
  • Markdjones83
    edited January 2015
    10oLCzLv69wATe.gif