I have the WORST dating history of all time

Options

Replies

• JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I am always encouraged by threads like this...because I know just being a decent normal guy makes me stand out in a crowd LOL :smile:

As far as 'test drive the car'...well, that's crap. Sexual compatibility isn't nothing (but certainly not something to be decided on the first date), but that analogy is ludicrous and demeaning.

I have a lot of female friends on dating sites and I know they have it worse. But I've certainly had my fair share of bad experiences too.

I had one girl who was a bit older (5 years) but I didn't mind, I'm in my 30s. She was cute and fun to talk to. We met for a drink on a Friday and then for dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, I had to fly out to San Fran for a business trip for a week. I got a text from her to have a safe flight and to text when I land (which I did). But from the trip, my phone was completely dead so I dropped off my stuff in my hotel room and put my phone on the charger and went out with the coworker I was with (a guy). Got back to my hotel around midnight and just crashed from the long day. Checked my phone in the morning and had about 25 text messages from her that started off with, "What are you doing your first night?" and ended with, "Why the F__K are you ignoring me? You're f__king someone else aren't you? You're throwing away a really good thing here". I was polite and just texted back, "I believe we're just looking for different things".

The funny thing is that was my FIRST time dating online...I'm still surprised I got back online :)

Do you wear chain metal now just in case you go out with another crazy? I had a guy do that to me. We actually went on two dates and then he told me he was really just looking for someone to have fun with and I was too sweet of a girl to do that to. Okay, I appreciated his honesty. 2 years later he texts me and tells me he was stupid to let me go and wanted to see me again. I'm like okay, maybe. I was single at the time so no big deal. Until I went to work and got slammed with reports. I had no time to eat lunch let alone text someone. It went from the nice "hows work" through 30 some messages that ended with him telling me I was a b**** and could have at least told him I wasn't intrested and that he hoped I got AIDS. I told him he needed to calm down and to stop messaging me because he was psycho and I didn't need his drama in my life. He responded by blocking me on Facebook. Which ya know, cut me deep. lol

Oh EDIT: 3 months later he called me at 4 AM drunk and wanted me to come hang out. My boyfriend answered the phone. Surprise!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Man I would kill to go on a date like that. Would be hilarious!
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    TzG6BdfFadvG.gif
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I think this is appropriate for the thread...

72c1789a995e28ed94cb12c4ef4d37325fd188236d1462b6a33d950aebbeb1e2.jpg
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    O.o
    Sounds like he got turned down for so much booty, that he decided to go through the numbers he still had in his phone, tbh.

• jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    omg i think im glad i dont live in the USA .. lol
    lovin this thread btw :)
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Oh, I had another girl get another guy's number on our 2nd date right in front of me. The crappy thing is I drove and I had to take her home (I can't be that mean and just leave her there), but when I got to her house she asked, "Aren't you coming up?"...I'm like, "You're kidding, right?". She was honestly confused why I was upset.

Wow o.o
    Be glad she did that in front of you, who knows what you could have caught from her... -shudder-

Good point. She texted me later she didn't feel fidelity was a realistic expectation in a relationship anymore.

/SMDH
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Oh, I had another girl get another guy's number on our 2nd date right in front of me. The crappy thing is I drove and I had to take her home (I can't be that mean and just leave her there), but when I got to her house she asked, "Aren't you coming up?"...I'm like, "You're kidding, right?". She was honestly confused why I was upset.

Wow o.o
    Be glad she did that in front of you, who knows what you could have caught from her... -shudder-

Good point. She texted me later she didn't feel fidelity was a realistic expectation in a relationship anymore.

/SMDH

She's the only shifting constant. Fidelity is necessary for quite a huge number of people.

• Sinistrous
    Options
    jyogit wrote: »

What's that got to do with USA? lol. The entire world is messed up when it comes to "love" xD
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    How I feel about this thread...

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Wow o.o

/SMDH

She's the only shifting constant. Fidelity is necessary for quite a huge number of people.

My last date did not feel that way either with her ex husband.
  • Markdjones83
    Options
    Maybe me being a nice guy (hopefully relatively normal) this will fare well for me.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    How I feel about this thread...

Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

The_cold_never_bothered_me_anyway.gif
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Describe the kind of men you date. Where are you usually meeting them?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    jyogit wrote: »

You did not know we have sex for food in US? >:):D:D:#:#
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the online dating thing here and there. I've had mostly pleasant experiences - just wasn't the right "match". My slogan is I'm not looking for the perfect man, but the man who is perfect for me. The perfect man doesn't exist.

With that being said - the worst things I've had asked of me in the online dating world rank in the following manner:

1. Can I tie you up and gag you?
    2. Can you be a third wheel in my relationship?
    3. Will you be my activity partner?
    4. Think you could be my sugar mama?
    5. Can you send me a picture of you and your child?

Yep. Those were all blatant "delete and block" situations.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

I was out with dinner with my friends at our favorite place... and it's often a date spot- so my clinical psychologist friend and I- we like to rate/judge the dates- figure out if it's 1, 2nd, 3rd- or little more long term etc etc...

well- it's a cosy intimate place- easy to share you're personal bubble with people you don't know.. .tables are U shaped so you often face another table... .and we had casually been talking to the obviously new to each other/dating table across from us- except the guy who was facing us (and I was on the edge- so he was to my right) spent an awful lot of time staring at me. (which I non-nonchalantly confirmed with my friend- who was facing him.

His date was giving mixed signals- cute- well dressed- not ALL into him- but not out and out rejection.

Anyway- they leave- she slides out first- and he slides out behind- and as he leaves (she's walking toward the door) he slipped their receipt under my plate- which- I refused to pick up for at last 5 min- we started laughing before they got the door closed behind them.

Anyway- friend leans over- grabs said receipt and opens it for me- it's "let's have dinner some time + #############'s"

seriously dude? seriously. WTF. fortunately I was out with friends so it was hysterically tacky and amusing to us- but dude- why would I go on a date with you- clearly you have no class.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wonder if the guys I've been on terrible dates with ever tell stories about this really weird/boring/uptight girl they went out for dinner with once who WOULDN'T take a photo of her knickers for him under the table, and looked bemused and offended when he mentioned he thought ugly people shouldn't be allowed to procreate.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @prminx you made my day with that convo!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »
    I am always encouraged by threads like this...because I know just being a decent normal guy makes me stand out in a crowd LOL :smile:

As far as 'test drive the car'...well, that's crap. Sexual compatibility isn't nothing (but certainly not something to be decided on the first date), but that analogy is ludicrous and demeaning.

I have a lot of female friends on dating sites and I know they have it worse. But I've certainly had my fair share of bad experiences too.

I had one girl who was a bit older (5 years) but I didn't mind, I'm in my 30s. She was cute and fun to talk to. We met for a drink on a Friday and then for dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, I had to fly out to San Fran for a business trip for a week. I got a text from her to have a safe flight and to text when I land (which I did). But from the trip, my phone was completely dead so I dropped off my stuff in my hotel room and put my phone on the charger and went out with the coworker I was with (a guy). Got back to my hotel around midnight and just crashed from the long day. Checked my phone in the morning and had about 25 text messages from her that started off with, "What are you doing your first night?" and ended with, "Why the F__K are you ignoring me? You're f__king someone else aren't you? You're throwing away a really good thing here". I was polite and just texted back, "I believe we're just looking for different things".

The funny thing is that was my FIRST time dating online...I'm still surprised I got back online :)

Do you wear chain metal now just in case you go out with another crazy? I had a guy do that to me. We actually went on two dates and then he told me he was really just looking for someone to have fun with and I was too sweet of a girl to do that to. Okay, I appreciated his honesty. 2 years later he texts me and tells me he was stupid to let me go and wanted to see me again. I'm like okay, maybe. I was single at the time so no big deal. Until I went to work and got slammed with reports. I had no time to eat lunch let alone text someone. It went from the nice "hows work" through 30 some messages that ended with him telling me I was a b**** and could have at least told him I wasn't intrested and that he hoped I got AIDS. I told him he needed to calm down and to stop messaging me because he was psycho and I didn't need his drama in my life. He responded by blocking me on Facebook. Which ya know, cut me deep. lol

Oh EDIT: 3 months later he called me at 4 AM drunk and wanted me to come hang out. My boyfriend answered the phone. Surprise!

Haha yikes. That's the other thing...if it doesn't work out for me I simply text, "Thanks but it's not working out. Good luck!". I'll never understand the butthurt some guys get from a woman not being interested. Look, there's about 3.5 billion women in the world, odds are good some aren't going to like you. Get over it. It only takes one decent girl to change everything. And if you react like that, maybe it's a reflection on why nobody wants to be with you (immaturity much?).

/rant