Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    wamydia wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Yep. I had a guy messaging me and asking me to meet him an hour after we exchanged our first message on the dating site and I said no. So he messaged me again the next morning to try again. He didn't seem to understand that I wanted to make sure he wasn't a nutjob before I agreed to meet him. After running into similar situations a few more times, I did some reading online. Apparently it has become a common attitude that if a woman won't meet you within the first three messages or so on the dating site that she never will. And, according to at least one message board I visited, that she is an evil monster who is taking part in a conspiracy to "waste men's time." That was it for online dating more me. Apparently I'm just too cautious by nature.

You are too cautious? or just smart. I face time every person I meet online before meeting IRL. Can't believe the picture they put on there profile.

LOL first 3 messages what now people are not trying to talk to people anymore.

• Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I'm old but I wonder why so many of these dates feel so entitled to violate ethical boundries.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's reassuring to hear other women are having a lousy time dating too, or whether it frightens me because perhaps the men I'm attracting are not a statistical minority...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    This thread is lolz. :laugh:
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

What meet in a hour after first message? Are you sure you are talking to the guy in the pic. I will say that people do need to confirm identity before meeting IRL.

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

He did say almost every man he knows.....how many men does he know?
    and typically the people you know and hang out with you tend to have a lot of commonalities so frankly not surpriseing that these guys think that.

I for one don't think that, and believe most men don't think like that.
    Women are nothing like cars.

I never said anything about comparing women to cars. The meaning of the expression is what I am talking about.

oh i know what you were talking about

• srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

and typically the people you know and hang out with you tend to have a lot of commonalities so frankly not surpriseing that these guys think that.

I never said anything about comparing women to cars. The meaning of the expression is what I am talking about.

Nothing like taking her for a ride--er, drive, right?

Seriously, though, yopeeps: No half decent guy wants to "test drive" a woman. What a horrible way to put it and a bad light to shed on your gender. Holy crap, you mean she might have a personality outside of the bedroom??

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

+1 also.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's reassuring to hear other women are having a lousy time dating too, or whether it frightens me because perhaps the men I'm attracting are not a statistical minority...

Just think of it as weeding out the douches, getting so future hilarious stories to tell, and making it way worth it when you finally meet a great guy!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    "It was taken with a photography camera". As opposed to??? That's where the conversation should have ended. @PRMinx‌

LOL, indeed. It was at that point where I just wanted to see where it would go...because, funny.
  • PRMinx
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

That's because you are awesome.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    @srslybritt‌ After reading your profile I see that, yes, women can have a personality outside of the bedroom! Great stuff!
  • PRMinx
    Options
    srslybritt wrote: »

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

Nothing like taking her for a ride--er, drive, right?

Seriously, though, yopeeps: No half decent guy wants to "test drive" a woman. What a horrible way to put it and a bad light to shed on your gender. Holy crap, you mean she might have a personality outside of the bedroom??

Get out of here with all the personality mumbo jumbo!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

You must hang out with a lot of *kitten* then.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

That's because you are awesome.

This is a true statement!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Isn't that nice?

Charming.

It's the truth though.

Your truth, perhaps.

You be quite surprised when meeting someone and how the conversation goes.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

Just think of it as weeding out the douches, getting so future hilarious stories to tell, and making it way worth it when you finally meet a great guy!

Well, it definitely makes for good conversation when my friends and I go to the pub!

• Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options

Pretty much just what I was thinking. :\
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've dated 6 guys. 5 of them were unemployed, or became unemployed for REALLY long periods of time while we were dating. All of them have asked to borrow money at least once. I seems to attract men what want a sugar momma. Too bad for them I don't make enough money to be a good sugar momma lol.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Oh God, at least i'm not alone....but seriously, seems like they are everywhere.
    I had a guy ask me on a first date within the first 30 minutes if "clothing was optional" and then said "would you like to touch my soft balls?" ............uhhhhh
  • katw0man_
    katw0man_ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm done dating. I don't care what anyone does anymore. Just have sex with me and well leave each others lives alone haha jk.
    I know the feels