Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 1]

Options

Replies

• jacks90
    jacks90 Posts: 14
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY THURSDAY - My favorite weight loss tools would have to be MFP. It's really helped me with choosing the right foods to eat. I didn't even know how much calories were in certain things until now.
  • kalmark
    kalmark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What are your favourite weight loss tools?

My Favorite weight loss tools my pedometer which i luv it i wear it all day and now the new HRM :happy:

And ofcourse all my wonderful best tool is this website i m obessed with this website have to make sure i login 3-4 times a day to check all of you wonderful friends messages and log my cal n exercies.

Sorry Guys entered details from my BF's Account
    Kathy
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The above post is from me kathy was logged into my BF's account haaaaaaa n was excited n just replied
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY - THURSDAY

Hello Diamonds - So my favorite weight loss tool is no big surprise... I love MFP, I'm so grateful that my co-worker introduce me to this website. It has changed my life. Outside of MFP, I have to say my workout DVD's. I can't say enough good things about 30 Days Shred. I have been anti Jillian Michaels for a while. I always thought she was too abrasive and loud. But I realize that she is a very good trainer and she know what she's doing. Lovin it...
  • Nakisha81
    Nakisha81 Posts: 24
    Options

I would have to say MFP is my fav weight lost tool. You guys rock! Your supportive and encouraging. When I see ur progress stories and success stories I know that I can do it!
  • gorgeousgunner
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY - FRIDAY

How do you stay on track during the weekend?

I have planned most of my meals and am determined to make healthy choices when out such as salad. I prefer to be quite strict during the week and relax at the weekends but still remember to avoid my triggers, in my case sugar and cheese.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options

I have planned most of my meals and am determined to make healthy choices when out such as salad. I prefer to be quite strict during the week and relax at the weekends but still remember to avoid my triggers, in my case sugar and cheese.

Another great question. I sit down Sunday night and write out my plan of attack for the week. I decide how many times I plan to workout and how often. I also decide what foods I'm going to limit or avoid for the week. My biggest thing on the weekend is working out. I have to workout first thing in the morning, than take a hour relax and think about my day. If I have plans like dinner I try to know prior to the weekend so I can plan for it. :wink:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options

WHAT?!?! It's possible to stay on track during the weekend!?!?!?! Just kidding, but this is my BIGGEST struggle. So far, I haven't found anything that works for me, so I don't really have an answer to the question....but I am very anxious to hear what others have to say. I'm hoping that somebody has an idea that clicks with me!
  • cshine06
    cshine06 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

The weekend is a big challenge for me. I have scheduled my weigh in on Saturday so that I will not over eat on Friday to sabotage my results. On the weekends I always have a workout planned and recently started playing outdoors with my dear son.
  • lesiaatkinson
    Options

How do you stay on track during the weekend? It's really hard... But I have to remember how it feels to get on that scale and see the numbers go up....
  • jwill10
    jwill10 Posts: 30
    Options
    Wow! Great job ladies, I am truly inspired by your stories :) xoxoxoxo
    I'm not sure what to answer for this question today so I will have to come back to it.:happy:
    Oh and Friday's too. hmmm
  • tramik31
    tramik31 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thursday QOTD... My favorite work out tool is my DVD player, for my P90X discs... :-) Burn baby burn!
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

My favorite tool is no doubt, My fitness pal. I have found so much love and support. This journey is so hard to do on your own, but now I have so many people who are there for me and are rooting for me to succeed. I love this and I love all of you!
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I just take the weekends like they are any other day. I go to the gym and continue to count my calories. One thing that I make sure of, is planning ahead, and when I can't completely plan ahead, I make sure I am paying attention to my intake. I don't put anything in my mouth without logging it or at least finding out what the calories are before I eat it. That way, I never go over. It's the only way I know how to be successful.
  • cburks08
    cburks08 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thurday QOTD: My favorite tool to use is the MFP app. Sometimes I'm out and don't have acces to a computer but I will always have access to my phone. :)

Friday QOTD: What helps me stay on track is pulling up my MFP app in the morning and plan my meals early so that way I know how to stick to my meal plans.
  • Zoe9636
    Zoe9636 Posts: 56
    Options

The best thing that helps me stay on track at the weekend is having a Monday weigh in I know if I go mad at the weekend (too much salty food or alcohol etc) then I will for sure have at least extra water weight for my weigh in. So I always eat sensibly drink lots of water and exercise both days. And when I eat out at the weekends I will opt for salad or veg with lean meat so I stay on track.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

WHAT?!?! It's possible to stay on track during the weekend!?!?!?! Just kidding, but this is my BIGGEST struggle. So far, I haven't found anything that works for me, so I don't really have an answer to the question....but I am very anxious to hear what others have to say. I'm hoping that somebody has an idea that clicks with me!

I couldn't agree more. Weekends are always a struggle for me because I rely heavily on the routine that I have established during the week. What I am going to aim to do this weekend and for future weekends is to create a weekend routine that still works for me. In fact, I am going to say now that tomorrow I will create an agenda for the weekend and stick to it. Not only will this help me with my diet, but I think I will also benefit from better time management overall. I wish I had a dollar for every time I said, "What, the weekend is over already?" Lol!
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Well, I can't really answer this one because the weekends are my cheat days most times. I don't go overboard (most times :blushing: ) but I do allow myself to endulge on weekends. It helps me to stick to this long term (a life style change) rather than a diet that I am sticking strickly to.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

The best thing that helps me stay on track at the weekend is having a Monday weigh in I know if I go mad at the weekend (too much salty food or alcohol etc) then I will for sure have at least extra water weight for my weigh in. So I always eat sensibly drink lots of water and exercise both days. And when I eat out at the weekends I will opt for salad or veg with lean meat so I stay on track.

I scheduled my weigh-in for Monday for much the same reason...

I bump up the exercise on the weekend so I can eat more. This weekend, particularly, because we're going to a Mother's day brunch after church Sunday. I will just increase my calorie burn so I can increase my calorie intake :) Plus, just being cognizant of making good food choices is key. One other thing I do is to try and get out of the house - because if I stay in the house I tend to go searching for something to eat!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

My favorite tool is MFP (the website and the app for my Droid). I don't know how I'd track my calories without it! Plus, tracking my workouts and getting amazing support from all of my friends.
    My 2nd fave is my 3 lb hand weights. Been using them everyday with 30 Day Shred.