p90x - Round 1 beginners

Options

Replies

• alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yoga X for me tonight - Surprisingly excited about it!!

TankPlanker - Those are extremely impressive results!! Nice work!!
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bah I just lost my first 30 day progress as I pressed the back button rather than the left arrow button on my keyboard by mistake. :(

That'll see me into 36" trousers and under 16 stone for the first time in five years. I have a ton of clothes from then that I want to wear for the summer!

DUDE! Nice job!! Seriously, those are great results, you should be proud of yourself. Enouraging to see the results isn't it? Keep it up!
  • chelios7
    chelios7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if I could get in on this topic. I've started P90X Lean a million times, but something always knocks me off my game. I would like to get back into it, but I'm looking for some motivation. Anyone out there?

For sure! These boards are a huge help for motivation, heck just check out the whole section on success stories if you need encouragement. There's help around every corner here, people who have been in the same situation and want to help. Give it another whirl and this time stick to it, you can do it!!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I just started p90x this week and I have to say that I really loved the yoga!! I expected to not like it at all because I have noticed how many people dont like it, but I was pleasantly surprised!! I was previously doing Insanity but becausse of all the jumping involved it really messed up my knee. I am really looking forward to p90x. Everyone has had such good results!! I hope I do as well. I didnt do the plyometric workout because of my knee, but all the others so far I really enjoyed. I have to say I expected kenpo x to be much harder than it was.
    How many calories do you all typically net?? According to the p90x nutrtion plan I should consume 2400 but that seems like so much, but I want this to work for me!! Anyone eating that much and getting good results?? whats the lowest you all are eating?? I usually average 1500-2000.

Thanks all!
  • smurfguru
    smurfguru Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat the recommended 2400 and am losing fat. (Most of it is getting transfered over to muscle). But you burn through so many calories during the workouts, you need those extra. I just started being able to eat the entire 2400 per day. It took three weeks to get up to!
    Good luck! Hopefully I will your zen with the yoga!
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Week 2 day 4----yoga is being skipped today..sorry just very busy and don't have the time!!! I will do it next week!!! Just thought I would keep myself accountable!

I'm having the same problem. Yoga is too time consuming!

I don't mind Yoga if I have time to do it and take a shower and get ready for the rest of my day also, plus I have been doing this with my mother in law and we were both busy today!!! As I am typing this I feel like I am just making excuses, but I am back to it tomorrow!!! We can do this!!!!!
  • wsheaf82
    wsheaf82 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Another day done. Plyo. I brought it. Good, good workout.
  • markymark39
    markymark39 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Seeing the pictures side by side really pumped me up and made me feel a lot better about my progress. Notably in my belly which is the area I wanted to attack most, so that's great. Can see my arms have toned a bit more as well as my sides. Surprised at the difference in my face too. Overall, I'm extremely pleased. Just today I saw people at work I haven't seen in a while and they say I'm wasting away. Haha. Love those comments. Can't wait until 60 day progress report!

PEACE!

Nice job Chelios...the side by side pics show a nice change, good for you!
  • markymark39
    Options
    Bah I just lost my first 30 day progress as I pressed the back button rather than the left arrow button on my keyboard by mistake. :(

wow...more great results. good job to you as well tankplanker...
  • Tankplanker
    Tankplanker Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody :)

Brought myself some jeans and some new Air force 1s to celebrate.
  • markymark39
    Options
    So I just returned from my visit to my Sports Nutritionist...results thru (almost) week 5 show a 15 lb. loss. Some other measurements (waist, hips) were taken by the fitness center close to when I started so I will be curious to see those when I am done around day 90.

Keep pressin' play!
  • LovelyTasha
    LovelyTasha Posts: 51
    Options
    I have finished my 30 days over here. It's been an incredible transformation and I'm not even done yet!! :-) Here's me before and after the 30 days.
    Before:
    5670576568_625f8c180b.jpg

Now:
    5670552712_f962561603.jpg

I just keep bringing it!!! I never thought I could make so much progress in my dining room!!!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    legs, back ,& ab ripper X complete!!! Burned a whopping 532 calories!!!! I am feeling better than I have for along time!!! Bring it!!!
  • LovelyTasha
    LovelyTasha Posts: 51
    Options
    legs, back ,& ab ripper X complete!!! Burned a whopping 532 calories!!!! I am feeling better than I have for along time!!! Bring it!!!

FANTASTIC job!! :-)
  • markymark39
    Options
    I have finished my 30 days over here. It's been an incredible transformation and I'm not even done yet!! :-) Here's me before and after the 30 days.

I just keep bringing it!!! I never thought I could make so much progress in my dining room!!!

great results....nice job! keep bringing it!
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

FANTASTIC job!! :-)

Thanks so much!!! Awesome results by the way!!!!!
  • kristidann
    kristidann Posts: 42
    Options
    Wow...the results here are inspirational! I just started P90X last week, and was only able to complete about half of each workout. I'll get there, but I've got a long road ahead of me! How are you tracking calories burned?
  • chelsiburnett
    Options
    Wow...the results here are inspirational! I just started P90X last week, and was only able to complete about half of each workout. I'll get there, but I've got a long road ahead of me! How are you tracking calories burned?
    i use a heart rate monitor!!! I just got it about 3 months ago, and I absolutely love it!!!
  • BananaBee3
    BananaBee3 Posts: 224
    Options
    Finished legs/back! This was the first time I did it all the way through...last time I did about half to save some time, but I'm glad I pushed myself through the whole thing! Loving the recovery drink afterwards!

I'm going to buy a heart rate monitor with my next paycheck...I alredy have a Garmin GPS watch with HRM capabilities...now I just need to strap!
  • cutieskylie
    cutieskylie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! well done!!! i hope i could lose some belly fat as well..just a question, which one are you doing? lean or classsic?