New Couch to 5K (C25k) - Challenge Starting May 2

Options

Replies

• skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    W2d2 complete. Starting having cramps in my hamstring almost immediately again, even with stretching beforehand. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Total time: 48:26 (I ended up much farther from home than I thought i would, so all my stats include the extra 20 minutes home.)
    Calories:416
    Average HR: 136
    Max HR: 177
  • Alexmn75
    Alexmn75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    W1D2 complete. I guess I'm the opposite of everyone because this one was harder for me to finish. I suppose running into the wind half the time didn't help either. Great jobs to everyone who stuck to it and made it past day 2!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, great to see you're all doing so well!! I have been having some knee pain from level 2 of the 30 day shred so have put off starting this. I'm hoping to do week 1 day 1 tonight so that I can still cram the 3 days in to this week!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    I have been having some knee pain from level 2 of the 30 day shred so have put off starting this. I'm hoping to do week 1 day 1 tonight so that I can still cram the 3 days in to this week!
    Nooo!

You absolutely must leave a day to recover between training sessions, especially if you already have knee trouble.
  • Katrob9
    Options
    Gah, If i leave it to start next week I'll be a week behind everyone else!
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in to say well done to you all.

Its tough to get started but once you really start seeing how your running endurance builds up and you are knocking out the 3/5/8min runs it makes you feel so good!

Well done and keep at it!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    You don't have to leave it until next week, you could run today, Saturday and Monday, then have a day's rest before starting Week 2 on Wednesday. Just because the workouts are "called" Week 1, Week 2 etc, there is no need to complete all three of them in one calendar week. Your body has no idea what day of the week it is, for the purposes of this programme, your "running" weeks could start on Wednesdays.

Yes, it would be a really bad idea is to cram all of Week 1's runs into the next three days, and the programme specifically tells you not to do that, but hey they're your knees - you could do all three in the next three days and post back and let us know how that works for you.

I was just passing on information that you did not seem to be aware of, it's up to you to choose what to do with it.

Oh, and don't worry about being "behind" - many people will be repeating weeks, or joining the thread late. It's not a race!
  • Katrob9
    Options
    You don't have to leave it until next week, you could run today, Saturday and Monday, then have a day's rest before starting Week 2 on Wednesday. Just because the workouts are "called" Week 1, Week 2 etc, there is no need to complete all three of them in one calendar week. Your body has no idea what day of the week it is, for the purposes of this programme, your "running" weeks could start on Wednesdays.

Yes, it would be a really bad idea is to cram all of Week 1's runs into the next three days, and the programme specifically tells you not to do that, but hey they're your knees - you could do all three in the next three days and post back and let us know how that works for you.

I was just passing on information that you did not seem to be aware of, it's up to you to choose what to do with it.

Oh, and don't worry about being "behind" - many people will be repeating weeks, or joining the thread late. It's not a race!

Good advice - my brain is not enaged - I get you, it totally doesn't matter if you're not running Monday - Sunday. Cool. I'm going to do Thursday, Sat and Monday then. Thanks!
  • TourThePast
    Options
    I'm going to do Thursday, Sat and Monday then.
    Great news!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, especially after the 30 day shred, you're already "off the couch" :bigsmile:
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    W1D2 will be done today! Hope everyone else is doing good.
  • ShawnaMama
    ShawnaMama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just finished W1D3!! My calves were on fire for the last half, I think I need to stretch a little better. But I massaged them when I got home and feel tons better. Hope I don't die on W2D1!!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    W1D2 will be done today! Hope everyone else is doing good.

It is done! My knee is feeling pretty good too. Ice is my friend:flowerforyou:
  • westgre
    westgre Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Finished week 2 today. Feeling pretty good about starting week 3.
  • UnwellDiva
    UnwellDiva Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm totally ready to start, either tonight (when kiddos go to sleep, don't worry hubby's home!) or definitely tomorrow! Sounds great! I used to be on the track team in HS and i am sadly sadly out of shape!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    what is the name of the android app that chimes into your playlist? I've never heard of this.....
  • tlcAK
    Options
    Just did W1D2. It was raining outside, so did the best I could runing on the spot inside. Not perfekt, but at least something!

Great attitude.
  • jase111
    jase111 Posts: 83
    Options
    C25k week 1 DONE!!! Completed on a treadmill. 2.5 walk, 6.0 run Felt pretty good.

Great job everyone!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    I'm totally ready to start, either tonight (when kiddos go to sleep, don't worry hubby's home!) or definitely tomorrow! Sounds great! I used to be on the track team in HS and i am sadly sadly out of shape!

Yeah I've done it during my lunch hour too... Gotta make the time somehow!!! Good luck
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    W1D2 completed yesterday! I was able to get a little farther than D1. It was a little harsh at the start of the run b/c my shins hurt a bit but in total, I completed about 2.2 miles! Yay! =)
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Just completed Week 1 - Day 3...

I have to say it was my worst run out of the 3....!

From the very first run my legs were tired, they just wouldn't co-operate. I did most of the walks at a lower speed than normal - plus sometimes I was holding on. To try & redeem myself, I ran the 3 runs @ 6mph, instead of the 5.5 I was doing...

I can't ever see myself ever running for 3 minutes straight, let alone 30 minutes....!!!!

STATS:
    Treadmill
    321 cals burned
    Avg HR - 143
    Highest HR - 170

Walk speed: 3.5 - 3.8mph
    Run speed: 5.5mph - runs 6 - 9 @ 6mph