Low Calorie Alcoholic Beverages!

Options
:drinker: I need a few ideas. Usually I am a Smirnoff(wine cooler) kind of gal, but I am thinking those aren't going to fly anymore!!! I need some good fruity drinks (preferably without vodka in them) that are semi low in calories!!!! Ideas????:)

Replies

• ineednapkin
    ineednapkin Posts: 151
    Options
    bump!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this can be a struggle, but I love, love, love vodka with canada dry cranberry ginger ale. Sugary, yes, but not horribly high in calories...
  • sheilamo
    sheilamo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    vodka with tonic and a good twist of lime. I had to work on aquiring the taste for it (i used to go for the sugary drinks), but I know I can have one and still enjoy.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Yeah, this can be a struggle, but I love, love, love vodka with canada dry cranberry ginger ale. Sugary, yes, but not horribly high in calories...

I wonder if they would have that in a bar....The problem is that I am going out for my sister's Bachelorette Party at the end of the month and i want to be prepared.....:-D
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

I wonder if they would have that in a bar....The problem is that I am going out for my sister's Bachelorette Party at the end of the month and i want to be prepared.....:-D

Yeah, doubtful they have it in a bar, but a safe substitute is just regular ginger ale with a splash of cranberry juice, or go with the vodka and tonic with lime suggested above. YUM!
  • tinovr
    tinovr Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    obviously, the sweeter the drink, the more calories.. a shot of distilled liquor (whiskey, vodka, etc) is about 65 calories.. add in an couple of ounces of juice (another 40-60 cal), you're up to about 100-125 calories.. Add the sweet syrups or an ounce of sweet liqueur (120-175 cal) and a sweet cocktail is worse than a couple cans of reg Coke. it's easy to see how a Long Island Iced Tea is a good 300 calories or so..

My drink of choice is Jack Daniels & Diet Coke... 65 calories.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Rum and diet soda

Also my, my personal favorite low cal drink, the skinny margarita. http://www.food.com/recipe/skinny-margarita-358803
  • redrustdobe
    redrustdobe Posts: 43
    Options
    Check out http://www.zilchmixers.com/

Sugar-free margarita & daiquiri mix. I haven't tried it yet, but my order is on the way... Individual packets so you can order rum on the rocks and just add the mix, so it says... I'll keep you posted!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Be the DD, and you don't have to worry about drinking your calories :)
  • bhepp
    bhepp Posts: 44
    Options
    I like crown and diet coke, rum and diet coke (or pepsi!) and tequilla and club soda with lime. Those are my go to drinks. Or you can just stick with beer (in a bottle so you can keep track of how much!) Have fun!!! :smile:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    H2O on the rocks with a splash of lime ;) ... clearly the low-cal winner!

Also, wine by the glass is better than wine by the bottle ...
  • Mrz_Rich
    Mrz_Rich Posts: 90
    Options
    Bacardi rum and diet coke...not sweet and sugary but low in calories!
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer told me to STAY AWAY from all rums, at ALL COSTS! It's got the highest sugar content, hits your bloodstream fastest, and causes the most "damage" to your dieting. I try to drink most of my alcohol as shots, and I stick to vodka. You can use a diet drink (diet coke, diet cran) to chase it with. Not necessarily "pretty" or classy, but you'll get your alcohol with minimum calories!! :flowerforyou:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Check out http://www.zilchmixers.com/

Sugar-free margarita & daiquiri mix. I haven't tried it yet, but my order is on the way... Individual packets so you can order rum on the rocks and just add the mix, so it says... I'll keep you posted!

ooo be sure to let me know:)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Bacardi rum and diet coke...not sweet and sugary but low in calories!

I actually love capt morgan and coke, and Malibu rum and coke:)
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Be the DD, and you don't have to worry about drinking your calories :)

Thats the simple solution but we have a hotel room in the place booked;)...Besides I don't drink often!!!! Im ready to go out and let loose for once!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    The drinks are only part of the problem for me. I usually snack with them... peanuts, cheeze its, cheeses, nachos.
    A once-in-a-while day of over-indulgence is OK.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Rum & Diet coke w/ a lime is good & can be gotten at any bar. Also, white wine or red wine.