alcohol cosumption

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    I have wine many evenings. I drank wine many evenings while I was losing. I don't see the need to remove that "snack". I enjoy it. It's part of my overall healthy diet and lifestyle.

I don't really view alcohol as a snack. Alcohol is bad for my health as far as I'm concerned. Snacks aren't really. I know people say in moderation it's okay, but the way it makes me feel tells me otherwise. I wouldn't categorize it as part of an overall healthy diet and lifestyle.

I still drink it sometimes though.

Do what you think is best for you. I'll do the same. cheers.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have wine many evenings. I drank wine many evenings while I was losing. I don't see the need to remove that "snack". I enjoy it. It's part of my overall healthy diet and lifestyle.

I don't really view alcohol as a snack. Alcohol is bad for my health as far as I'm concerned. Snacks aren't really. I know people say in moderation it's okay, but the way it makes me feel tells me otherwise. I wouldn't categorize it as part of an overall healthy diet and lifestyle.

Beer (in moderation) is good for kidney health... Wine (in moderation) is good for heart health.

Outside of that, if it makes you feel bad, by all means don't drink it. It's definitely not mandatory in any diet, but it can be part of a healthy diet if you keep an eye on it.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Beer (in moderation) is good for kidney health... Wine (in moderation) is good for heart health.

Outside of that, if it makes you feel bad, by all means don't drink it. It's definitely not mandatory in any diet, but it can be part of a healthy diet if you keep an eye on it.

i'm way more concerned about cancer than my heart health. i'm pretty sure that alcohol is linked to many types of cancers, particularly breast cancer.

for me i think it's terrible, but to each their own.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited January 2015
    Options

i'm way more concerned about cancer than my heart health. i'm pretty sure that alcohol is linked to many types of cancers, particularly breast cancer.

As are all animal products. Did you give those up (milk, cheese...) as well?

I'd say context and dosing becomes germane here.
  • Aviva92
    Options

no. milk and cheese don't make me feel as though my insides are turning to cancer like alcohol does.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    and can the so called health benefits of wine not be attained by drinking grape juice or something instead? i doubt the health benefits surpass the health risks.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

no. milk and cheese don't make me feel as though my insides are turning to cancer like alcohol does.
    okey dokey then. I'd say if alcohol makes you that paranoid, it's best you don't drink. cheers
  • jasonmh630
    Options

When taken in context and dosage, then yes... But having one glass of wine per day (or a beer) will not cause cancer any more than other foods that have been linked to it.
  • Aviva92
    Options

When taken in context and dosage, then yes... But having one glass of wine per day (or a beer) will not cause cancer any more than other foods that have been linked to it.

do most people stop at one glass of each per day? one glass of wine is like 4 oz's. it's a tiny amount.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    wine also throws me into horrible bouts of acid reflux. cheese and milk do not.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    If it makes you feel bad, then by all means don't drink it. But unless someone is an alcoholic or it makes them feel bad, alcohol isn't inherently bad for health.
  • bandito30646
    Options
    alcohol stops the weight loss process, damages the pancreas and liver. I don't imbibe when stripping fat off and no more then two beers a week. so far i havea 70 lb weight loss and hit 9% body fat
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I try to fit alcohol into my deficit if I know I'm going to have it. Last night...it did not fit. Whoops.
  • carolinamccabe31
    Options
    Acorrineh wrote: »
    If you can get it into your alloted intake every so often, then fine. If you are missing out on food by squeezing in alcohol, there may be an issue there...
    Well I certainly don't have a drink problem I only go out maybe once or twice a month I didn't mean cutting food out just like other people are saying working it into the calorie intake for when I do go out
  • Kekineo
    Kekineo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok, I quit drinking a year and a half ago but... I keep my Sundays for brunch! I love Sunday brunch and I love champagne so what I do is use Sunday as a "cheat day" but I log everything and still try to stay within goal. Since brunch is 2 meals, it's not that hard. Just stick to the salads, seafood and fruit. Then the best part, dessert!! Since most buffet brunches have bite size desserts, I'll grab a couple and just take little bite. I count it as a whole piece of cheesecake. Yesterday, I had 26 calories to spare Yay!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    If it makes you feel bad, then by all means don't drink it. But unless someone is an alcoholic or it makes them feel bad, alcohol isn't inherently bad for health.
    This.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I drink. It puts me over my calorie goals. I try to exercise off all the alcohol I drink plus some. Keeps me motivated to work out. I haven't been logging my exercise but I think I'm going to start.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options

do most people stop at one glass of each per day? one glass of wine is like 4 oz's. it's a tiny amount.

Pretty sure Jesus drank wine (in moderation) and check out these obliques...

dxcgwknos9st.jpg

• Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Would like to know how any of you incorperate alcohol into your diet ? If going on as might be going out tonight and bit worried bout the calories do I go out and over week eat a little less to balance out the calories in the alcohol .

Two ways to do it.

Number 1: leave room in your net calories for it (this works best if you're only planning to have a drink maybe two).

Number 2: Plan your cheat day to coincide with the night out. Even then you want to exercise self control. If you drink enough to get plastered it would be hard to make up for that I would think.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

Stress and worry have a higher association with disease than moderate alcohol comsumption, so if you are this worried about drinking alcohol, you definitely should not do it.

Me, I've been drinking almost daily for 30+ years and no cancer yet (or any other disease). Alcohol is good for me because it relieves stress.