Water & pickles.....that's about it. Lol :D
    Absolutely no such thing as a zero calorie "meal"
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    bmp1290 wrote: »
    Water & pickles.....that's about it. Lol :D
    Absolutely no such thing as a zero calorie "meal"

Pickles have calories. The only thing that doesn't have calories is water. Everything else may have less calories than what is required to be declared on labels and that's how they can put it at zero calories.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ^ correct Pika
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You're joking, right? Food has calories. Your body needs calories. Why would you want a zero calorie meal, or even a zero calorie snack?? Forgive me, but that sounds nuts....

Agreed!!!
  • bmp1290
    bmp1290 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out how to reply back on the same comment?
    Anyways, thanks PikaKnight for letting me know. I was just going by the label cause even cilantro says 1 calorie instead of 0. So I figured they'd put it on the pickles if it did have some. But makes since that every food has atleast some calories. We can't always trust the labels anyways, gotta do our own research.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    bmp1290 wrote: »
    Can't figure out how to reply back on the same comment?
    Anyways, thanks PikaKnight for letting me know. I was just going by the label cause even cilantro says 1 calorie instead of 0. So I figured they'd put it on the pickles if it did have some. But makes since that every food has atleast some calories. We can't always trust the labels anyways, gotta do our own research.

The FDA mandates that if a food has less than 5 calories per serve (and that serve can be whatever size the company deems it to be) they can ropund down to 0 calories per serve. Ever wondered why Vlassic pickles serving size is 1/2 pickle? Any bigger and they'd have to list actual calories on the label. It's the same for stuff like Walden Farms 0 calorie dressings and the like. Make the serving size small enough and you can have a magic 0 cal food!
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kimgrey94 wrote: »
    anyone know any yummy calorie free meals???

Yer its called water, now make sure to get in you minimum 1200 cal worth
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    calorie free? your choices are air and water. enjoy.
  • webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke?
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as calories free meal
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    All food has calories. Your body needs calories and nutrients from food to function and keep you alive and healthy. Eating zero calories equals dead.

I hope you are really asking about lower calorie meals. If you give people a real number for your calorie goal we might have some suggestions of real food that would fit in your plan.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    What? Water? You're serious?
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Zero calorie MEALS? Seriously? Please tell me your kidding. Or that it was a typo and you meant to write drinks? Because if you're serious… this sounds like an eating disorder to me. SEEK HELP!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Okay, I think you have got the point that there is no such thing as calorie free food, and more importantly that you need food to live. That being said, go to the food tab and then the food data base here on MFP. Look up all the foods that you like to eat and see how many calories are in each. The ones that are very high are the ones to avoid. The ones that are very low are the ones you can eat more of. Plan your meals in advance...you can even go ahead and put them in your log at the beginning of each day. (It can always be adjusted if it changes) Find things that have all the food groups that you need. You will lose weight if you consume less calories than you burn. You just want to do it in a healthy way or it won't matter. You need to combine the correct eating with exercise so you don't turn to skin and flab. Good luck.
  • brundine
    Options

There is no calorie free food but there are negative calorie foods. These are foods that it takes more calories for your body to break down then are in them. Examples would be broccoli, green beans, apples, blueberries, tomatoes. Ignore the negative people.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    brundine wrote: »

There is no calorie free food but there are negative calorie foods. These are foods that it takes more calories for your body to break down then are in them. Examples would be broccoli, green beans, apples, blueberries, tomatoes. Ignore the negative people.

Then why did I become obese while eating these "negative calorie foods"? Seriously, if they have macronutrients (all of them have at least carbs), then they have calories. The thermal effect of food has minimal (about 10% if I remembered my nutrition notes correctly) effects on total calories burned.

I had both broccoli and blueberries yesterday, and they constituted a total of 200 calories to my day's total. If I ate both every day for a week, believed that they are "negative calories", and had a weekly goal of losing 1 pound per week, I would have only lost about a half pound because of that simple dieting assumption. If my goal was maintaining my weight, I would have gained a half pound that week (and gain 26 pounds in a year if I consistently made that assumption in my food logging).

To the OP, there are no calorie-free foods (except maybe water and your tears upon figuring out there's no calorie-free foods).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

MFP already figures TEF (thermic effect of food) into your calorie goal, so if you plan on foods being "negative calorie" you're counting those calories burned twice.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

LOL.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

MFP already figures TEF (thermic effect of food) into your calorie goal, so if you plan on foods being "negative calorie" you're counting those calories burned twice.

tumblr_mc79kthorZ1riiw1do1_500.jpg

And why do people feel the absolute need to complicate things which really aren't complicated? Baffles my mind.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Nope.