Options

Replies

• RobfromRI
    RobfromRI Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew in a can!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    No pop because it's evil, and pop drinkers are disgusting, remember? KIDDING!!!

I drink a whole lot of Club Soda and every once in a while I get a craving for a cold Coke Classic.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have a question now....

Soda (or pop for you midwesterners I guess)

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

Also.... do you prefer Coke products- or Pepsi products- and yes it matters.

SODA = POP = COKE (IN TEXAS, IT'S ALL COKE! "WHAT KIND OF COKE DO YOU WANT?" DR PEPPER! LOL)

If I am going to have one, I will choose "real" not diet or zero. I wil choose Dr Pepper almost every time, except sometimes, I just really crave Pepsi. oh yes, and with pizza, root beer every time.

**ETA - fountain drink every time. NO cans or bottles!**

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero. Preferably from the glass bottles you sometimes get at restaurants, but canned is the second option, then fountain. A plastic bottle is only in dire cases.

I don't drink a lot of pop, but I do like a Coke Zero a couple times a week. I don't really like regular Coke or Diet Coke, but Coke Zero...yesssssss.

I drink a TON of grapefruit Perrier too, but that doesn't have sugar or sweeteners so I don't know if it counts as pop.

Oh, and I have a cream soda about once a year too. It's enough.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    First of all, everything is called coke, okay? No soda, or pop or whatever. Just coke.

Next, coke > pepsi, without question.

I drink Coke - recently switched from Dr. Pepper as it became too sweet for me.

My list:

1. Coke
    2. Sprite
    3. Dr. Pepper

Stop spreading misinformation! ;)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    It's medicinal
    800xNxcanna-cola-pot-laced-sodas.jpeg.pagespeed.ic_.EimSYTJ8IV.jpg

Bottled and sold in Colorado, right?
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Dr. Pepper for me! Then I'd say cherry Coke and cranberry ginger ale.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Regular: IBC Root Beer (about 1 every 3 years)
    Diet: Diet Dr. Pepper
    Zero/MAX: Cherry Coke Zero
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    1. Cherry Coke Zero
    2. Coke Zero
    3. Diet Pepsi
    4. Diet Dr. Pepper
    5. Fresca - with white wine for a spritzer.
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Since I moved from the midwest to Texas, I'm a Pepsi drinker living in a Coke world!
    Diet Pepsi for me - beverage of the gods..
    Unless I'm mixing it with alcohol, and then it's diet 7-Up (don't like Sprite as much as a mixer). Currently toting SMIRNOFF SORBET® Light Raspberry Pomegranate in a flask & mixing with the diet 7-Up for 78 calories per 1.5 fl. oz. Local hang out only serves beer, so it's a set-up for me!
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm all over the place...

Grew up drinking Pepsi, but prefer Coke.

All time favorite is Mountain Dew (ironically, a Pepsi product)...

At the movies, though, it MUST be Cherry Coke (to pair up with my Peanut M&M's and fake-butter popcorn).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    First of all, everything is called coke, okay? No soda, or pop or whatever. Just coke.

My list:

1. Coke
    2. Sprite
    3. Dr. Pepper

Pepsi tastes like burps!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

My list:

1. Coke
    2. Sprite
    3. Dr. Pepper

Pepsi tastes like burps!

rubbish! Coke tastes like kc light syrup!!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I'm going to consider this question 1. Pop. (Although I went to school in the east so sometimes use soda and pop interchangeably and tend to write soda more often than not. Feels more formal, less friendly.)

For the rest of the questions:

Diet.

Coke.

I switched to diet as a teenager and can't drink the regular and I can barely stand Pepsi either, tastes flat.

Quite fond of various root beers, ginger ales, and cream sodas, also.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cherry coke zero. Besides water it's really all I drink (in much smaller quantities than the water of course).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to be an avid Mt Dew drinker, but the stuff is too sweet for my tastes now. I still have an occasional soda, but I prefer Mexican Fanta or Mexican Coke in a bottle made with real sugar cane.

Delicious on hot days over ice.

I also like the San Pellegrino orange and blood orange sparkling water drinks....I like the lemon too, but only in vodka
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yep, where I live it is all "coke"

I prefer fountain soda/coke/pop.
    Coca-Cola with cherry and vanilla, with a bit of Dr. Pepper mixed in.
    Pretty much a coca-cola person when I drink it. I do not drink diet, but did love Fresca, might need to get some again. I just do not like Pepsi, never have. I also like fruit based sodas.

When I was a teen, I was all about Surge and RC Cola.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »
    ETA I live in the Midwest and I call it soda. I am not real clear on where the soda/pop line is, but it may be somewhere in Missouri. I live in St. Louis and it's soda, I have a few friends in KC that call it pop

A good friend of mine grew up in St. Louis and said almost the same thing. I asked her if it was the same as the Missouri/Missoura line and she got mad. (Okay, not really.)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero
    3.) Pepsi max- I don't like diets... at all.

In order of deliciousness and calorie needs- I chose regular pepsi first- followed by lower calorie subs if I can't work it into my day and I need some fizzy satisfcation.

southern... its all coke lol... but I drink Diet Coke
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero
    3.) Pepsi max- I don't like diets... at all.

In order of deliciousness and calorie needs- I chose regular pepsi first- followed by lower calorie subs if I can't work it into my day and I need some fizzy satisfcation.

Is Fresca still around?

4upvryl66l6e.jpg

yeah- comes in original citrus- some sort of weird new lemon/orange or something and a fruit one..

and since none of that is technical and I sound like a complete and utter nitwit- I'm going to google

Sparkling Peach Citrus (which comes in a notably orangish can)
    Sparkling Black Cherry Citrus (which comes in notably- mauve- black cherry indicvative can)
    Original Citrus- which is in a greenish can.

I actually really like fresca- even after the updated and modernized their cans LOL- still makes me happy.

Me too, mainly the regular. When I first got my current job the refrigerator was stocked with all sorts of weird stuff, including Fresca, so I was obsessed with it (addicted?) for a while. Also Tab, another thing I thought was gone.