POP Question

Options

Replies

• fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those crazy people who have given up soda - almost. I do have one or two a month. Always Dr. Pepper or Fresca. Best in a can.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Pepsi > Coke

mmmm Mountain Dew.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Mexican Coke is the best, hands down no contest (made with cane sugar).

What I actually drink is diet Canada Dry because I'm always nauseated.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Having a diet coke right now because I want to be Janet Jackson type of nasty
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I think this should sufficiently articulate my view on the subject...

cbbd917e7f191c2b957f8a112bbaffcf.jpg

Also - to the soda vs pop line of demarcation - I grew up in KC and it was called pop but now that I live in STL it is called soda - so maybe somewhere around Columbia, MO is the carbonated Mason-Dixon?
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    gzus7freek wrote: »
    Diet Dr. Pepper!!!! (must be in the can!! No plastic please)

18u7vruvspwp3jpg.jpg

This please

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I have a question now....

Soda (or pop for you midwesterners I guess)

Regular
    Diet
    Or Zero/MAX

Also.... do you prefer Coke products- or Pepsi products- and yes it matters.

My own personal taste:
    1.) Regular pepsi
    2.) Fresca/Sprite Zero
    3.) Pepsi max- I don't like diets... at all.

In order of deliciousness and calorie needs- I chose regular pepsi first- followed by lower calorie subs if I can't work it into my day and I need some fizzy satisfcation.

Regular without a question. If I'm drinking soda, I might as well go all out.

My favorites are Pepsi, Cherry Pepsi, and Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash (only comes out around Thanksgiving/Christmas).

I've since switched from soda to Crystal Light b/c it leaves more room for ice cream.
  • snookey16
    snookey16 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I could never drink pepsi, can't stand the taste.

I love coke and Vanilla coke. Could never drink diet or zero they taste awful.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Also I didn't see it mentioned earlier, but I find fountain soda to be FAR superior to cans or bottles. In order of preference I would say fountain, can, bottle. We used to own a bar and I was far more excited about the soda gun and unlimited supply of Diet Coke than I was access to all the liquor/beer at cost...
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You just can't beat draft A&W, especially with a big ol' scoop of good vanilla ice cream
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Wait...I take my last post back. This:

7ff41388aa315bdd715f8bf16a21cbbc77b0.jpg

I miss you, Crystal Pepsi.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Also - to the soda vs pop line of demarcation - I grew up in KC and it was called pop but now that I live in STL it is called soda - so maybe somewhere around Columbia, MO is the carbonated Mason-Dixon?

Little know fact: there is another soda/pop geographical line up north. Wisconsin = soda. UP (Upper Michigan) = pop. And a small DMZ between the two where people call it "soda pop". True story.
  • JanerichoC18
    JanerichoC18 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I feel like we only have Coke in the south- where I grew up in the north with Pepsi:

1) Pepsi Max
    2) Coke Zero
    3) Vanilla Coke Zero

Zero and Max because I would rather eat my calories... Missin' my Pepsi Blue tho!
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name's Undergloom, and I'm addicted to Coke Zero.

Seriously; I have to get off this stuff.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I think this should sufficiently articulate my view on the subject...

cbbd917e7f191c2b957f8a112bbaffcf.jpg

I live in STL as well, and we definitely call it pop. My dad lives in Detroit, and he comes home asking for a 'pop' and I just:

Blink-1.gif~original
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Well, where I live it's called coke (doesn't matter the brand or type). I call it soda because I wasn't born where I currently live.

I prefer regular, but I'll drink diet when boozing it up.

I prefer Root Beer. But if I have to choose: Pepsi. I grew up on pepsi.

I don't drink soda on the regular. Every now and then I crave root beer. And every now and then I like a good rum with diet coke (and a squeeze of lime).

I knew someone that was from a small town (not sure the name) with a Sprite factory that provided most of the jobs in the town. They called every carbonated beverage Sprite which lead to the joke:

"Do you want something to drink?"
    "I'll take a Sprite"
    "What kind?"
    "A Sprite"
    "Yeah, but what kind?"
    "Sprite!"

It goes on for a while longer but you get the picture.

This is similar to here.
    "What would you like to drink?
    "Coke, please."
    "Which kind?"
    "Dr. Pepper."

When I first moved here, I didn't know "coke" was the catch-all phrase like soda/pop. When I was working the concession stand, someone would come up and order "two frito pies, a pickle, and three cokes." I would get them three coca-colas, and then they would tell me that wasn't what they ordered. When I would say, "sir, you said three cokes." They would respond, "yeah, three cokes: diet coke, coke, and dr. pepper." So confusing to 10 year old me.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I used to be an avid Mt Dew drinker, but the stuff is too sweet for my tastes now. I still have an occasional soda, but I prefer Mexican Fanta or Mexican Coke in a bottle made with real sugar cane.

Delicious on hot days over ice.

I also like the San Pellegrino orange and blood orange sparkling water drinks....I like the lemon too, but only in vodka

I would walk over hot coals for these drinks. Coke only when in comes in a bottle.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I prefer smoking over pop because they are both the same...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JK ...

I do not drink much soda but when I do it is usually diet coke....
  • jwedebro
    jwedebro Posts: 17
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper is probably the only diet drink I can stand (other diet dr. peppers are fine, too). Otherwise the diet aftertaste is too strong for me.

I'll have the occasional regular Coke because it helps my headache that I've had non-stop for almost 7 years if it gets really bad (Diet seems to not help as much).

And I love Mt. Dew and several but not all of its varieties (Live Wire, Game Fuel, and Supernova are my faves)...I powered through preparing for my exam for candidacy and later writing my master's thesis and prepping for the defense after I decided to leave mostly on copious amounts of those. Now that I'm done with grad school for now I keep myself to one can per day off when I'm gaming and just exercise self-control in not having more than that.

Oddly enough, my mother has an allergic reaction to Pepsi (throat closes up!) but not to Coke. They certainly are not the same.