Drinking only milk and not eating anything

Replies

• candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    edited January 2015
    Can you imagine the guy drinking coffee while milking his cow and saying, "Hey, I think I'll put some of that in my coffee."?"

There's a first for everything. Someone invented the first wheel. Someone ate the first berry off of a bush somewhere and decided it was good. Someone decided to ferment grapes and make wine. Someone figured out how to pickle vegetables or how to make vinegar, weave fibers into fabric so it could be sewn into articles of clothing, make pasta, someone ate the first animal, grew crops, cooked rice, perfectly and accidentally put together the ingredients for cake, etc. Just because it wasn't always done doesn't mean it is a bad thing. And just because it doesn't fall into the category of the most obvious use doesn't mean it can't have another use.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    that is rather silly
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Paraphilic infantilism. Just don't go looking for pictures.

Is that where they wear diapers as adults too? If not, there is a fetish for peeing in diapers- no joke.
  • I will let you know in two weeks if anything has changed, if I became weak or I'm doing fine. I want to see the limits. How can you know yourself if not trying anything lame/stupid/pathetic/silly/uncommon things (not necessary related to diet), or whatever ideas crosses through your mind? though, some of the answers made me laugh. Tests such as this one, are to feed your curiosity, couldn't be more simple than that. Plus, I've always had a diverse diet and quite healthy, is getting bored to stick to something just because some guys with a diploma tells you to do so and I've never complicated myself with what Vitamins should I take and what vegetables will give me that, how many fruits a day should I eat and count the calories. I eat like is not the end of the world and I see food as fuel. Also, I actually poop when I drink milk. I'm surprised someone said that without fibers you can't poop like that would be the only natural way. Anyway, can't wait to come with some poop info in two weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    KaidenN7 wrote: »
    I will let you know in two weeks if anything has changed, if I became weak or I'm doing fine. I want to see the limits. How can you know yourself if not trying anything lame/stupid/pathetic/silly/uncommon things (not necessary related to diet), or whatever ideas crosses through your mind? though, some of the answers made me laugh. Tests such as this one, are to feed your curiosity, couldn't be more simple than that. Plus, I've always had a diverse diet and quite healthy, is getting bored to stick to something just because some guys with a diploma tells you to do so and I've never complicated myself with what Vitamins should I take and what vegetables will give me that, how many fruits a day should I eat and count the calories. I eat like is not the end of the world and I see food as fuel. Also, I actually poop when I drink milk. I'm surprised someone said that without fibers you can't poop like that would be the only natural way. Anyway, can't wait to come with some poop info in two weeks.

:trollface::trollface::trollface:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    edited January 2015
    "Can you imagine the guy drinking coffee while milking his cow and saying, "Hey, I think I'll put some of that in my coffee."?" Milk is for infants and cows milk is for infant cows.

Actually, the practice of humans drinking cows milk (actually, it started off as goats milk and even in some areas camels milk before cows became the more popular) started when mothers would die, leaving behind infants with no available wet nurse. Rather than let the infant die also, people all over the world made the intuituve leap that if a baby drank mothers milk, and a baby animal drank its mothers milk, then maybe they could save the baby human by feeding it the same milk the baby animal drank. And in the vast majority of cases they were right.

Then came the leap that if a baby could grow strong and healthy on animal milk, maybe other humans could drink it too, and it became a source of sustenance first in times of food shortage and then just in the regular course - rather than kill the cow/goat/camel for a finite source of meat, drink the milk for an almost infinite source of sustenance. It's actually quite logical when you think of it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Has anyone of you drank only milk for a long time without eating anything? not to lose weight or necessary to maintain weight, but as a test?
    I've done a test on a short term to see how my body would react and nothing bad happened. I'd like to try this on a longer term now, because I'm taking enough calcium and protein from 2-3 liters of milk everyday. plus, I still have the energy to jump rope when I come home at 5 p.m and I'm awake from 4-5 a.m.
    If you want to tell me this is insane, it would be a waste of time, taking in consideration the fact that some of us have stronger bodies. if I will feel different and I must stop, then I will. but i'd like to know if I should expect anything. i don't have lactose intolerance and i always drank milk

Nope. I drink milk occasionally or put it on my cereal but have zero interest in it being my whole diet. It doesn't sound like a fun way to live long term.

I'd love to know more about your plan though. So many questions!
    Do you live on or near a dairy farm? Are you drinking just whole cow milk or would you drink goat milk? Are you getting organic milk or anything special? Do you ever plan to shake things up with flavored milks? Are there foods that you will miss eating?
    Do you have a time limit to your experiment? Are you diligently recording things like how much you poop or any medical details to see if there are differences from when you aren't doing a milk only diet? Have you talked to a doctor about this milk diet? What do your family/friends/doctor think of your milk only experiment? Do you plan to do anything with what you discover like publish the results or make a documentary?
  • No, I live in a city and the farm is very very away from where I live. that milk would get me fat. Cow milk only. No goat milk, I haven't seen here in the supermarket. Just 3.5% fat milk, which it still tastes like water compared to the milk straight from the cow. I like my milk without sweetener. probably I will miss some foods, idk. i'm tired of them now. i don't crave much chicken anyway. yeah, two weeks limit. i will drop earlier if i don't feel well. but i'm pretty sure a body can survive on milk so i want to see to convince myself that we are not that weak as so many random websites tend to tell us, i just have to never put the "what ifs" above my curiosities. i don't need medics. the books are free and i can educate myself if i will ever feel like i'm missing something when it comes to my health. doctors are good when i drop dead only. for me. i don't care what people think about my ideas, i care if they did such tests and what they encountered. because, when you have a crazy idea, 95% of the people thinks is a joke or insane. opinions are useless
    i don't think anyone really needs to read a document about how some random person on the internet decided to have this test. people should test things by themselves, inform well, but not let those information get in the way of their curiosities.
    to poop with naysayers

ps: idk where is the part where this is supposed to be trolling. how can a subject about someone coming with an idea about testing a diet based only on milk, could ignite a fight? :))
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited January 2015
    I really think you'd have better results using breast milk.

ETA: I don't know if the udder is technically a breast? I meant human breast milk.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,954 Member
    Question though, aside from how you feel, are you going to take any other markers? Visit the doctors for bloods or anything? Because people with massive EDs can still feel fine, or people with huge deficiencies can still feel fine - hell people with cancer, hepatitis, all soprts of diseases can still feel fine... until they don't. How we feel is often not a good indicator as to how we're functioning. So without any objective data, how will you know what your test achieves?
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Paraphilic infantilism. Just don't go looking for pictures.

Is that where they wear diapers as adults too? If not, there is a fetish for peeing in diapers- no joke.

yes. It's the same fetish.

And much more entertaining than living on nothing but cow's milk.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    What alatarial75 said.

You are not conducting a methodologically sound study. No control, no pre/post bloodwork or physiological markers, no n other than yourself. If this is just to satisfy a curiosity, that's fine, but don't think there is anything scientific about this test.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    tchell99 wrote: »
    What alatarial75 said.

You are not conducting a methodologically sound study. No control, no pre/post bloodwork or physiological markers, no n other than yourself. If this is just to satisfy a curiosity, that's fine, but don't think there is anything scientific about this test.

*nod nod*
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    original.gif
  • I am pretty excited to hear about the results in two weeks.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Ummm. Okay. How will you get Fibre, Iron and everything else that you need ?
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    PearlAng wrote: »
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I think I heard that in the UK, they have patients drink only milk for several days before gastric bypass surgery. It shrinks the liver, or something like that.
    My mom had to do a two week liquid diet before her gastric sleeving in order to shrink her liver. She could have water, protein shakes, milk etc but it had to be low in sugar. I don't think it's just milk that shrinks it.
    Anyway, my mom cancelled the surgery in favor of being able to do it on her own through defecit and exercise. So far so good!

Go mom go!
    brandi712 wrote: »
    PearlAng wrote: »
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    I think I heard that in the UK, they have patients drink only milk for several days before gastric bypass surgery. It shrinks the liver, or something like that.
    My mom had to do a two week liquid diet before her gastric sleeving in order to shrink her liver. She could have water, protein shakes, milk etc but it had to be low in sugar. I don't think it's just milk that shrinks it.
    Anyway, my mom cancelled the surgery in favor of being able to do it on her own through defecit and exercise. So far so good!

Congrats to your mom. Kudos to her.
    Thanks, all! She has a MFP account but doesn't use it regularly. I think she likes logging by hand on good ol' paper with a pencil
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    No, I live in a city and the farm is very very away from where I live. that milk would get me fat.

Worrying about getting fat from your milk-only diet raises some flags (not as if this hadn't before).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Interesting that you say you want to see if the body can survive.... the body is an amazing thing and can survive a lot, and probably will survive on just milk, but that doesn't mean it won't be damaged in the process.

Why just survive when you could be living instead??
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Interesting that you say you want to see if the body can survive.... the body is an amazing thing and can survive a lot, and probably will survive on just milk, but that doesn't mean it won't be damaged in the process.

Why just survive when you could be living instead??

Maybe he's thinking his stronger body will compensate for that?