What is the "healthiest" candy bar.

Options

Replies

• krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A whole 3 Muskateers bar is 240. I have one next to me waiting to be consumed. :p
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    coffee crisp. Because it's a nice light snack....lol
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I guess what they are trying to say is that it's hard to say which one is healthiest unless you literally took a bunch of candy bars and compared label to label their macros. When it comes to food, context does matter.
    true, but I've seen people on here go apoplectic over whether honey or agave was actually better than sugar in their tea in the morning. Don't tell me none of those people have an opinion on whether or not a snickers bar is better than eating sugar with a spoon ^_^
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Zero candy bar. Don't let the name fool you though lol but it is my favorite candy bar
    Zero%20Bar.jpg[img][/img]
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Maybe something with coconut? It's pretty high in fibre.

How about one of those chocolate cherry things... at least you get fruit in there, even if it is swimming in syrup.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Quest bars taste like candy bars but have all that fantastic protein and fiber!
  • bexeatsouls
    Options
    I am starting to appreciate dark chocolate. Never liked it before, but I started eating it and now milk chocolate seems lacking. I love green and blacks 85% dark chocolate. It is organic and non GMO, and super intense.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My personal fave is almond kisses. 9 pieces for 210 calories. Almonds are 'nutritious' & delicious!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My first thought is that Payday is the healthiest, since it is just a sweetened piece of peanut butter covered with peanuts.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    What about Cadbury fruit and nut bars. They have fruit AND nuts. Hateful, btw. Gimme some Dairy milk chocolate.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Reese's. Or Snickers.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Zero candy bar. Don't let the name fool you though lol but it is my favorite candy bar
    Zero%20Bar.jpg

Yes.

Also, Baby Ruths now advertise themselves as if they were "energy bars".
  • R4ptorBunny
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    reeses…the answer is always reeses ...
    I have minis and a jumbo thing in my kitchen, I want to make Reese's protein banana bread but we are out of bananas :(

WAAAAT?? That. Sounds. AWESOME! Care to share the recipe?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I guess what they are trying to say is that it's hard to say which one is healthiest unless you literally took a bunch of candy bars and compared label to label their macros. When it comes to food, context does matter.
    true, but I've seen people on here go apoplectic over whether honey or agave was actually better than sugar in their tea in the morning. Don't tell me none of those people have an opinion on whether or not a snickers bar is better than eating sugar with a spoon ^_^

Most of the people responding in here so far, at least the ones I know, are in the "there's no such thing as unhealthy/junk food, food is just food, don't demonize any of it just fit it into your day" camp so they aren't going to have an opinion about relative health merits of individual candy bars.

Once the sugar is addictive/evil camp folks get wind of this thread it will be a whole other ballgame because rather than telling you to eat whichever candy bar you like best, they will tell you to eat none of them because oh noes the sugar!

Now I'm off to crack open a Vosges Smoke and Stout Caramel Dark Chocolate bar and a bottle of Malbec.

• Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Kind bar has a caramel/ sea salt bar and a dark chocolate,etc bar and they are right at 200 calories with lots of nuts. I also like their almond, coconut bar but I don't know but it doesn't have any "candy" (chocolate or caramel)
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Take 5 is criminally underrated
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Zero%20Bar.jpg[img][/img]
    OMG my husband loves zero bars. Cool to hear of another fan.

OP- reese's peanut butter cups are my favorite, and somehow a pack of two has about as much calories as 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. So I say reese's.

• fenshae
    fenshae Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'd say Almond Joy would be a top pick. Coconuts and almonds are both good, nutritious foods, and they're also freakin' delicious. And they come handily portion-controlled if you feel like sharing (I never do).

Hands-down my favorite candy is Cadbury Nuts & Berries bars. No idea what's actually in them, I can't recall ever looking, I just know that they're the bomb.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're going to have candy, have the candy you want the most. There's no point in wasting empty calories on something you don't REALLY enjoy. IMO. :)
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Take 5 is criminally underrated

This gets my vote too - one of my favorites for sure, and peanuts and peanut butter are 2 of the 5, so protein (and caramel and pretzels covered in chocolate make it awesome).