Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Not much. Hence it being a dumb *kitten* move
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I tried a no-carb diet. No lie, I only lasted 4 hours. I was lightheaded and hangry.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    saschka7 wrote: »
    I tried a no-carb diet. No lie, I only lasted 4 hours. I was lightheaded and hangry.

okay this is cute^
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I remember when I first moved out of my parents house, I told myself "now I'M THE BOSS" of me! (18 years old) and decided to be a vegetarian.

While being a vegetarian is great, I had NO idea what I was doing...so I only ate soup made from a few vegetables and water...it tasted very bla...but I thought that's what they ate! Oh my...stupid girl!!
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Alli
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The lemon, maple syrup and cayenne pepper combination, ugh it was awful, the particular low point was drinking a litre of salt water every morning. Lasted 2 days lol
  • ReeseJimi
    Options
    I never tried it but I remember my mamaw always trying to push me to do that grapefruit diet. :/
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I know there are a lot of keto proponents on these forums, and if it works for you, sweet. But for me, that was the worst diet I've ever tried. I lost about fifteen pounds in two months, but when I rebounded, I rebounded so hard that it took me six months to get back into the swing of things without being weird about carbs. Bad, bad idea for Adge.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    SbetaK wrote: »
    I've never been on any fad diets except possibly South Beach. Have been successful at weight loss many times, but always gained some or all of it back. The problem was embracing the word DIET. Never sunk in that it should be a lifestyle change, forever, instead of a diet, that has an endpoint. Keeping up the healthy habits, not reverting back to old habits when goal reached.

South beach isn't really fad like, when one considers the principles. In fact, my lifestyle and my diet (which doesn't have an end point) pretty much mirrors phase 3 of South Beach.

The only way it is fad like is that it was popular, much like MFP is popular now.

It really isn't.

It's stigmatized right along with Atkins, which is the forerunner for South Beach and resembles it a lot in the later stages (yes folks, Atkins has stages and is not the bacon and cheeseburger diet). With some of the plans roasted in this thread the problem isn't the dietary approach itself, it's how people misuse and misinterpret the approach.

Can we make it into the bacon cheese burger diet? That sounds AMAZING!!!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I've never tried diets.
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    b3kah5 wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I did the HCG diet. I had to inject myself daily with HCG and eat 500 calories a day. I lost a couple of pounds and I believe it wrecked my metabolism. It should be banned.

I did that one for a few months. Every day for lunch I was to eat a can of tuna. Dry. That didn't work for long. Obviously non-sustainable for the long haul.
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    When I was in college, I was a firm, stupid believer in: half a meal replacement bar in the morning, workout like crazy, half a meal replacement bar for lunch, class, healthy choice meal for dinner. *sigh*

I've done master cleanse. Honestly, that wasn't nearly as bad or stupid as the college days - and that's saying something. Because it's literally not even a little healthy.

Juice fasting is the third worst I've done. At least then I got my nutrients, albeit zero protein.

Atkins was stupid. I know it works from some people, but can you honestly tell me that eating cream cheese blended with heavy whipping cream and bacon is better than lean meats, organic grains, and veggies? I did not do this the right way - although I shockingly did lose weight eating s-it like that, LOL.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For me, a low fat diet. Of course, I grew up watching my mother who dieted in the 80's, and low fat was all the rage. Margarine, skim milk, plain rice cakes, etc. While I've never used margarine as an adult, I did tend to default to a low fat diet when trying to lose weight. But then I realized that I just don't like being hungry all the time, and eating some fat can help with that :). "Dieting" became so much more tolerable and sustainable when I realized I could do it without feeling hungry all the time, simply by eating enough protein and fat.
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I bought a hypnotism weightloss counselling program that I totally couldn't afford. It was supposed to magically make me unconsciously choose healthier choices and I got so upset that I still wanted fast food. I really hate that I bought into it.

I tried the cabbage soup diet, I think I lasted two days. I think I did hydroxycut for a few days too, but hated it.

Other than that I've been mostly reasonable in my weight loss approaches. I've used weightwatchers a few times, but ultimately I don't stick with it (and it's expensive). With the exception of the cabbage soup diet, I've never been one to be attracted to diets that restrict certain food groups, or have set meal plans, because I just resist the lack of flexibility and I intrinsically know that too many "rules" just won't work for me. I'm loving mfp, it provides just enough structure for accountability but enough flexibility for real life.
  • bencze1
    bencze1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple things but all of these diets are stupid. Imo the only thing that makes sense is a conservative calorie count (depending what you need) and watching what you eat. Just common sense stuff. The trickiest part is taking time to get basic ingredients and cook because the stores feed you 99% with food that has weird stuff in it or is not what it says it is.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Eating less than 1200 calories (if that counts). That was not fun.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    The fruit/vegetable only diet. I don't know how dumb it was because it was healthy because duh, fruits and veggies are healthy foods. But it was a little dumb because my daily calorie consumption was really low--my main focus was on low calorie veggies and fruits like spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, kale, etc. I lost weight quickly but that diet was unsustainable which makes it a dumb diet because I have no intention of becoming a permanent raw Vegan.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    dtroutman wrote: »
    Ive tried HCG awful. But the worst was when I went with a co-worker and we got our ears stapled to lose weight. It hurt and a week later was so infected they had to pry the staple out it was terrible!!!!!

WHAT?!!!

Yes they put staples on the inside of your ears and it was supposed to block the message to your brain telling you that you were hungry lol

You win this post! LOL!

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    My mom "encouraged" me to diet in my teens. One diet she heard of that I participated in included brewers yeast and heavy cream. I wish I could remember the details, LOL. I don't recall much "food" being eaten on that diet. Some kind of shaker was used, I think, but I don't think the cream and brewers yeast were combined. I had to hold my nose to swallow the brewers yeast mixed with water -- that I do remember.

55835802.png