reboot with Juicing fast

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    scubamaja wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body? Absolutely not. You getting sick, take medication for the liver which has an effect on other organs and you need another pill. Great- now you are in the medical mouse wheel- the doctor has you for live and you are his money pig. Do you think that all the side effects of medication are healthy and will extend your life? What exactly let you think that? Why do you think that people who are eating mostly raw food have proof records of a long healthy live? Juicing/Detoxing/rebooting is not a new trend, It has been around for a very long time. My grandma used to do that. So far I just see nobody here who have experience with juicing to share. But everybody seems to have an opinion..lol

58378-Aubrey-Plaza-WOW-gif-3DNA.gif
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    You have livers and kidneys that detox your body. If you need a detox, you need an MD, not a juice fast.

As has already been covered, that documentary is a propaganda piece meant to scare the people that won't actually research anything. Nothing more.

too...funny. Do you think that if you constantly drink alcohol and eat processed food and shovel mcdonalds and taco bell in your belly, your liver and kidneys will be able to detox all the toxics & chemicals in your body? Absolutely not. You getting sick, take medication for the liver which has an effect on other organs and you need another pill. Great- now you are in the medical mouse wheel- the doctor has you for live and you are his money pig. Do you think that all the side effects of medication are healthy and will extend your life? What exactly let you think that? Why do you think that people who are eating mostly raw food have proof records of a long healthy live? Juicing/Detoxing/rebooting is not a new trend, It has been around for a very long time. My grandma used to do that. So far I just see nobody here who have experience with juicing to share. But everybody seems to have an opinion..lol

Grandma and her generation also smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during pregnancy. Is that still OK too?

Your argument is not valid.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    So you are taking the fiber out of otherwise great foods and drinking the sugar and vitamins? Now you are going to be low on protein and low on calories with elevated blood sugar while doing a bunch of cardio. This is the recipe for a yo-yo diet because you will start burning lean mass, meaning when you go back to eating real food your BMR and TDEE will be lower. On top of that you'll have done a great job of creating hormonal imbalance and impaired cellular function.

I think looking into resources outside of the infomercial you watched would benefit you greatly. If you insist on improving your diet look into The Whole 30. A much more balanced approach to nutrition.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Juicing fasts are basically temporary very low calorie diets. Juicing removes most of the fiber which mitigates all the sugar when eating fruit. I would rather do smoothies with protein and whole fruits and veggies. Sorry to be a downer, but juice fasts really aren't the best idea.

That's absolutely fine. Juicing vs blending. You will find a lot infos on that. You can do smoothies as well. Do you know that you get protein through a lot of plant based food? I just learn that as well, since I am getting really deep into that topic. When to juice and when to do smoothies? Juicing=When you want to detox your body. You strip down the fruit/veggies and leave the pulp behind. You actually don't want have fiber in your system, only micronutritions, to help your body to give you the most engery. The body needs energy for digestion. So if there is fiber, it will take energy away. Smoothies= you get the whole fruit/veggies and the fiber, it will fill you up quicker.You can do smoothies and add to your eating habbits, that will nourish your body!

But...you do understand that calories are energy, right? So, if you give your body fewer calories, you are, without doubt, giving your body less energy. I mean, this is the very definition of the word. There is no other way of looking at it. Fewer cals = less energy. Period.
  • scubamaja
    scubamaja Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    redheaddee wrote: »
    No offense but that documentary has been shot down so many times it's not even funny. These juice fasts are a quick trip to high blood sugar and insufficient nutrition.

Do yourself a favor and stop watching heavily biased documentaries. Do what works and has worked for hundreds of years. Exercise and moderate calorie deficit.

Thank you for your concern, however I am doing exactly what works for 100, even 1000 years, fruit, veggies and do exercise. The movies actually explain that very well. Losing weight through reboot/detox your body is just a great side effect, more importantly it is the health benefits. You don't have to agree, and I can assume you did not watched the movies at all reading your comment. The movies let you think about processed food and marketing, medication and so much more. My blood sugar is fine and juicing gives you all nutrients your body is craving for to the first time. What do you think how many nutrients you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

First, fixed some things for you.

Second, you are not doing what has worked for 100, even 1000 years. This is quite frankly ridiculous. Humans eat meat and plants. So unless you are grazing for your fruits and veg, and hunting for your meats, you are doing no such thing. And you are not getting all your NUTRIENTS, because when you juice, you lose precious fiber.

Look, I understand your enthusiasm. Every January this place gets lousy with enthusiastic newbies. I get that, I was one once too. But for your sake, PLEASE do some research from LEGITIMATE SOURCES. Such as textbooks on health & nutrition, medical journals, peer reviewed studies, etc. That movie is pure snake oil, and I don't care how you pretty it up, it doesn't make it any more true.

commandment #11: Thou shalt not get your dietary expertise from Netflix. Just stop it.

Thank you for your comments but I did my researches, thats why I am so successful.
  • scubamaja
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    No offense but that documentary has been shot down so many times it's not even funny. These juice fasts are a quick trip to high blood sugar and insufficient nutrition.

Do yourself a favor and stop watching heavily biased documentaries. Do what works and has worked for hundreds of years. Exercise and moderate calorie deficit.

Thank you for your concern, however I am doing exactly what works for 100, even 1000 years, fruit, veggies and do excercise. The movies actually explain that very well. Loosing weight through reboot/detox your body is just a great side effect, more importantly it is the health benefits. You don't have to agree, and I can assume you did not watched the movies at all reading your comment. The movies let you think about processed food and marketing, medication and so much more. My blood sugar is fine and juicing gives you all nutritions your body is craving for to the first time. Wghat do you think how many nutrition you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Except you can see the nutrition on a hot dog so yes how would you not know?

lol...enjoy!
  • redheaddee
    edited January 2015
    Options

Thank you for your concern, however I am doing exactly what works for 100, even 1000 years, fruit, veggies and do exercise. The movies actually explain that very well. Losing weight through reboot/detox your body is just a great side effect, more importantly it is the health benefits. You don't have to agree, and I can assume you did not watched the movies at all reading your comment. The movies let you think about processed food and marketing, medication and so much more. My blood sugar is fine and juicing gives you all nutrients your body is craving for to the first time. What do you think how many nutrients you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Second, you are not doing what has worked for 100, even 1000 years. This is quite frankly ridiculous. Humans eat meat and plants. So unless you are grazing for your fruits and veg, and hunting for your meats, you are doing no such thing. And you are not getting all your NUTRIENTS, because when you juice, you lose precious fiber.

Look, I understand your enthusiasm. Every January this place gets lousy with enthusiastic newbies. I get that, I was one once too. But for your sake, PLEASE do some research from LEGITIMATE SOURCES. Such as textbooks on health & nutrition, medical journals, peer reviewed studies, etc. That movie is pure snake oil, and I don't care how you pretty it up, it doesn't make it any more true.

commandment #11: Thou shalt not get your dietary expertise from Netflix. Just stop it.

Thank you for your comments but I did my researches, thats why I am so successful.

Sorry love, but if you did your research, you would not be juicing full time. Please tell me what your research consisted of, because I am eager to know. Netflix does not count.
    ETA: short term success =/= knowledge.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Mcdonald has salad (that you don't have to get the dressing w/ or limit the amount used), oatmeal, apples, etc. But because it's from McDonald's, it's automatically bad stuff, right?
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    crazy-train_o_957435.jpg
  • scubamaja
    Options
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Aside from one documentary, what other research did you do? Was it actual studies or blogs?
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options

^^ This

<3
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You sure did put a lot of words in my mouth.

Look, do what you want. Just know this isn't ground breaking. You could do a search and see that there are thousands of threads on juicing. If you want to remain ignorant to the benefits or lack thereof, that's up to you. You aren't saying anything new. You aren't saying anything that hasn't already been in a different thread this week most likely.

• scubamaja
    Options
    Wghat do you think how many nutrition you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Actually, I eat Applegate Farms hotdogs. They are very nutritious. I wonder where you get your protein and healthy fats while juicing?

Avocados, Nuts, seeds and protein based plants
  • redheaddee
    Options
    So anybody actually has experience with juicing? I see a lot of opinions, but not 1 with experience. So if somebody has a question please feel free to contact me, I am more than happy to share my experience. For everybody else, good luck with your own battle.

Oh wait...read back...I do believe I stated that I have done this before. It doesn't work. Once a day for breakfast: just fine. All day, everyday: not fine. As it seems you only want to hear from those who will tell you how wonderful this is and pat you on the head and tell you you're pretty, might I suggest searching the groups. Because the general public here thinks this is not healthy and is not going to as for your "experience".

Eat less, move more. It's not rocket science.
  • redheaddee
    Options
    And I noticed you have YET to tell me what research you did other than Netflix. Still waiting. Send me a private message if you prefer.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

I have lots of experience. I like veggie juices mixed with a bit of pear for sweetness, and maybe some berries. But I can't even imagine attempting to consume only that for any period of time.

I put frozen bananas and berries, spinach, avocado and pear into my smoothies, along with either protein powder or Greek yogurt, and find them to be super nutritious, and with enough fats/protein/fiber to make a healthy meal. If you really think that juice can provide the macros and energy (calories) that you need, then you might want to weigh/measure each individual fruit and put it into the recipe builder, and see how little you're eating...and then consider that you're not even consuming that much, because you're removing all the good stuff from it.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Wghat do you think how many nutrition you'll take with a hot dog? You just don't know what you don't know.

Actually, I eat Applegate Farms hotdogs. They are very nutritious. I wonder where you get your protein and healthy fats while juicing?

Avocados, Nuts, seeds and protein based plants

Protein based plants???
  • scubamaja
    Options

Grandma and her generation also smoked cigarettes and drank whiskey during pregnancy. Is that still OK too?

Your argument is not valid.
    Wow your grandma must be wild! We talking about juicing, stay focused.