Sugarrrrrrr

Options

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Speak for yourself. I don't allow sugar to hide from me, so I know precisely how much sugar I eat and in what and it does not concern me.

I just had this hilarious image in my head of you playing hide and seek with giant sugar cubes in your house screaming, "GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW SUGAR, YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME".

Perhaps the sugar has rotted my teeth and the bacteria is seeping into my brain.

It did lead to the decline of the British monarchy. I'm pretty sure it's why George III was coo-coo, and thus probably responsible for the American War of Independence.

Go sugar!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    and here we go again ..another sugar is the devil debate..

OP - unless you have a medical condition that makes you sensitive to sugar there is no reason to avoid it or view it as "bad"...

Isn't that what we all came for? Because the OP certainly didn't call it the devil.

so sugar is bad = angelic?

I would call it benign within the context of the OP's questions.

this is a snippet from her OP ..

"Now, I understand sugar is BAD however…"

she's aid sugar is bad and capitalized it…so how is that benign????

or do you just nit pick to nit pick?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    PearlAng wrote: »
    When people say "sugar is bad" or anything along those lines, I have this whole inner monologue
    -teen girl voice-
    "But MOMMMMM. Sugar is just a SWEET guy with a bad reputation!"

I thought sugar was a stripper….
  • Fuchsiagenii
    Options
    Well my dear friends, this evening I have been listening to Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, UCSF Mini Medical School, on the top of "Sugar : The Bitter Truth".

You can listen to his lecture and also listen to "Sugar is Killing Us" by going to http://thetruthaboutsugar.com

And yep, I must admit that fructose that is in fruit is just as bad when consumed without the pulp and without the fibre! But I did say in my post that it is better to eat the whole fruit with the peel rather than drink a fruit juice.

Unfortunately, most of our foods contain "hidden sugars" that are BAD for us.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    When people say "sugar is bad" or anything along those lines, I have this whole inner monologue
    -teen girl voice-

This opens a whole new can of worms...
    -tough guy voice-
    "Yo, sugar, she's a sweet lady. Ehhh, maybe she's all over, but she's got this comforting way about her. Sticky and sweet, but not as bad as people are lead to believe"
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Well my dear friends, this evening I have been listening to Robert H. Lustig, MD, UCSF Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, UCSF Mini Medical School, on the top of "Sugar : The Bitter Truth".

You can listen to his lecture and also listen to "Sugar is Killing Us" by going to http://thetruthaboutsugar.com

And yep, I must admit that fructose that is in fruit is just as bad when consumed without the pulp and without the fibre! But I did say in my post that it is better to eat the whole fruit with the peel rather than drink a fruit juice.

please just leave this thread with the LOLustig and pseduoscience garbage
  • ndj1979
    Options
    -teen girl voice-

-tough guy voice-
    "Yo, sugar, she's a sweet lady. Ehhh, maybe she's all over, but she's got this comforting way about her. Sticky and sweet, but not as bad as people are lead to believe"

funny that is the same thing I told my mom about my last GF….who just happens to be a stripper..

bahahahahahaha JK
  • PearlAng
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    -teen girl voice-

No, that's Candy...or Cinnamon.
    :smiley:
    They're sugar's back up dancers
  • ndj1979
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    -teen girl voice-

No, that's Candy...or Cinnamon.

or …well I can't say it because mods…

• PearlAng
    Options
    -teen girl voice-

-tough guy voice-

funny that is the same thing I told my mom about my last GF….who just happens to be a stripper..

bahahahahahaha JK
    I lol'd :smiley:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    -teen girl voice-

-tough guy voice-

bahahahahahaha JK
    I lol'd :smiley:

I have a way with words..

it is either a blessing or a curse…I am still trying to figure out..
  • Fuchsiagenii
    Options

Why should I? I am a member and have the right to post a comment, and especially as some people have "slagged" me off and wanted the evidence!

If you don't like truthful comments, perhaps you are the one that should leave.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Why should I? I am a member and have the right to post a comment, and especially as some people have "slagged" me off and wanted the evidence!

If you don't like truthful comments, perhaps you are the one that should leave.

because you are posting pseudo science….

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Sugar isn't bad. As long as you are in a calorie deficit and have no reason to track sugar, don't panic over it.

+1
  • hmcbride68
    hmcbride68 Posts: 72 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Demonizing food is excuse-promoting, and is phony science. Eggs used to be the bad guy, as was red meat, as was protein, as was cheese and dairy foods, as was pork, as was bacon, as was salt...

As far as the legitimacy of a PhD goes, history is FULL of unbelievably dumb things eventually proven wrong that came out of the bloated ego-stroked minds of "doctors". There are PhD's who believe in fascism, PhD's who believe in UFO aliens, PhD's who believe in ghosts, PhD's who search for bigfoot, PhD's who believe the universe is a couple thousand years old, PhD's who believe in astrology, PhD's who believe world peace is an achievable goal, PhD's who believe certain racial subsets of humans are superior to others, PhD's and MD's who believe children with birth defects should not be allowed to live, There are MD's who believe that cancer can be treated by nothing more than talking to the tumor and playing it soothing music, and on and on and on... College professors are some of the nuttiest people I've ever met, and many of them rely on people who consider themselves lesser thinkers to parrot whatever silly idea they present as "fact" simply because they envy the letters after their name

Sugar is not bad. Having an adversarial relationship with food is unhealthy. It's at the core of why so many people are here seeking advice on how to eat better. Stop telling people that food is bad. It is irresponsible, confusing, wrong, and harmful
  • PearlAng
    Options
    hmcbride68 wrote: »
    Sugar is not bad. Having an adversarial relationship with food is unhealthy. It's at the core of why so many people are here seeking advice on how to eat better. Stop telling people that food is bad. It is irresponsible, confusing, wrong, and harmful
    Thank you, kind sir

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Demonizing food is excuse-promoting, and is phony science. Eggs used to be the bad guy, as was red meat, as was protein, as was cheese and dairy foods, as was pork, as was bacon, as was salt...

As far as the legitimacy of a PhD goes, history is FULL of unbelievably dumb things eventually proven wrong that came out of the bloated ego-stroked minds of "doctors". There are PhD's who believe in fascism, PhD's who believe in UFO aliens, PhD's who believe in ghosts, PhD's who search for bigfoot, PhD's who believe the universe is a couple thousand years old, PhD's who believe in astrology, PhD's who believe world peace is an achievable goal, PhD's who believe certain racial subsets of humans are superior to others, PhD's and MD's who believe children with birth defects should not be allowed to live, There are MD's who believe that cancer can be treated by nothing more than talking to the tumor and playing it soothing music, and on and on and on... College professors are some of the nuttiest people I've ever met, and many of them rely on people who consider themselves lesser thinkers to parrot whatever silly idea they present as "fact" simply because they envy the letters after their name

+1,000 :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

bD44YGD.jpg
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Moiz_SK wrote: »
    Sugars bad if you're not burning it, & like Dr. Mark Hyman says, fat doesn't make you fat, sugar makes you fat. So full fat yogurt's the better option, there's not much difference if you eat either or, it's good as long as you hit your daily macros
    SamberryC wrote: »
    I would try and steer clear of processed sugars if I were you, but if your goal is simply to lose weight then as everyone has said you need to be more focused on your calorie intake and when you eat. try not to eat later than 9:00 if you can as your body can break down foods better during the day.
    Sugar is BAD. The sugars that we are referring to as being bad are those that are refined and that come in processed foods - cakes, biscuits canned foods and ready made meals, cordials, fizzy drinks, etc.

The full fat yogurt is fine. The low fat yogurts tend to be laden with added sugar.
    Your best bet is to go for natural live yogurts (Greek style thick) and add your own soft fruit. If you go for the flavoured yogurts, go for the ones with 3% or less of sugar in them - I was given that advice by my dietician.

Fructose is the sugar that is in fruit. This is fine as long as you eat the whole fruit.
    Lactose is milk sugar.

Sugar gives a quick burst of energy and the blood sugars quickly drop. It contains no nutritional value.

Not all fats are bad for us, and the body does need a certain mount of fat to keep healthy and to help with the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins, namely Vitamin D, K, E, A.

NO, NO and NO to all the of the above. The 3 of you have no idea what you are talking about especially Fuchsai. You guys need to stop spreading misinformation and go learn.

So much this!
    Ditto..... It's all calories in calories out
    Don't get sucked into believing all sugars are bad they are not they are carbs and you can work them into your diet.... I did

This discussion has been closed.