How did you come up with your goal weight?....

Options
I admit I just kind of picked a random number, I figure I can always make it lower later if I wish.

Replies

• LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I based my goal weight on what the health weight range is for my height. I put it at the higher end because I know that I don't want to be below 130 (I'm 5'8).
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I chose 5 lbs more than what I was before I became pregnant with my last son (he's 11 now). I really want to be 5 lbs lighter than that but I think that would give me a good range to stay within. It would be the low end of normal BMI for me (at high end right now).
  • leamatthew
    leamatthew Posts: 162
    Options
    im still going to be classed as "obese" when i reach my goal but i dont mind at all, i want to be light enough to be allowed IVF if needed :)
  • Shawna0101
    Shawna0101 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I kind of guessed, made it around what I was before I had my daughter (almost 11 years ago) and now being only 5-6 pounds away from my goal, I want to make it lower because I know I won't be happy in 5 more lbs....
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is actual the weight I was at when I got healthy after my second child...ok he was 4 years old when I finally got fit but still it was after him. So I know I can do it. It's just a matter of when. :bigsmile:
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My "ideal" weight is around 160. I had lost about 64 lbs 8 years ago and got down to 176. Most people said that I looked too skinny. I ended up gaining some of the weight back and I think I maintained around 195 and most people said that I looked really good then. I figured getting back down to 195 would be a very achievable goal for me based on that.
  • brittbrat892
    brittbrat892 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be what I weighed before I had my son.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    It was a realistic goal to be set up within a healthy BMI with muscle mass. I'd like to be at my goal weight with low body fat %.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    My dr chose it for me.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    it was a good weight for me when i was young and felt good
  • ruffledviolet
    ruffledviolet Posts: 260
    Options
    132.5 is 100 lbs lighter than the highest weight i ever remember seeing on the scale. i think that was some time in middle school. i don't remember the last time i was over 200. i've bounced around 150-199 for the past 6yrs at least. my lowest weight is 140 the summer before last.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    It was what I weighed before marriage and kids!
  • lizzybeth1
    lizzybeth1 Posts: 12
    Options
    Honestly, I researched weights based on my heigth and age. I really do not want to be tiny like i was before my 4th child. I really love having some curves!! :wink:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just picked a # that i thought i would like to weigh. I think i might have to adjust it though as i get cloer.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    most guys my height and build that seem to have a nice bit of muscle without being too big are around 220 so thats how. according to bmi i should be 185 or so but id be way too skinny
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I picked one in the healthy range for my height, but on the upper side of that because I want to have some muscles.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My healthy BMI for a medium bone structure determined my goal weight. So I set goal in the middle -180lbs.

Your ideal weight range-- 172 - 189.2 lbs. (78.2 - 86 kg.). --is based on a formula that calculates what a healthy weight is for most people of your height (71 inches) and frame size (Medium).
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ive always been a big person so I don't expect to be super skinny. My dr told me he'd be happy with me around 180 but I set it to 165 but might change it as I go along.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I chose one at the high end of the healthy BMI for me. I can adjust it if I need to Later.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have a friend of similar height and I know what he weighs. I will still be considered "obese", but I really don't care as long as I'm happy with where I'll be. I could change my mind once I reach that weight and decide to go even lower. Only time will tell.