Weight loss & breast loss?

Options

Replies

• hellurkitty
    hellurkitty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm happy I'm not the only one with this issue. I have lost about 70 lbs from my highest weight, and my breasts have gone from a 40DD to barely filling a 36D :( It's not so much the loss of size that bothers me as the loss of volume, if that makes any sense. Like I feel like my boobs are droopy and flat at the top now.

While I feel better about my body overall, I do feel like I'm missing something now that my chest has deflated. I've toyed casually about the thought of a lift or implants, but for now, push up bras it is.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Losing some breast size is a part of weight loss unfortunately.
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    would rather have the muscle I earned, than fatty, ill-gotten boobs.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Yup, changes everywhere. I haven't measured lately but my F bra is definitely too big now. I like feeling my own rib cage and rubbing my back (I can reach around and touch my back!) and feeling the muscle forming there...under all the excess skin.
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    KokowithaK wrote: »
    I'm going to come out and say right now that when I reach my ideal BF%, I'm getting implants. I'm already a small B, and the way it's going with strength training and long distance running, I will probably go down even further to a small A.

This...

My wife is B cup now at a healthy weight but understands fat loss = boob loss and has "droop" concerns. She barely mentioned implants to me and I did everything I can not to show how excited I was...but let her know I'm on board (sorry if this sounds weird). Not sure if this hurts or helps anyone...okay I'm out.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    I started as 40H and have lost band size and cup pretty proportionally. 50 pounds down, I am now 36H (almost down to 34H).
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have lost 128 lbs and went from a 44DD to a 36D and I love that I lost the weight of my boobs however I am not so happy at the saggy droopy ones that are left. If I ever hit the lottery, I am getting a boob job first off :) My back doesn't hurt hardly ever anymore so all in all I guess it is good, and my hubby says he loves me no matter what they look like :)
  • KokowithaK
    KokowithaK Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    drepublic wrote: »
    I'm going to come out and say right now that when I reach my ideal BF%, I'm getting implants. I'm already a small B, and the way it's going with strength training and long distance running, I will probably go down even further to a small A.

This...

My wife is B cup now at a healthy weight but understands fat loss = boob loss and has "droop" concerns. She barely mentioned implants to me and I did everything I can not to show how excited I was...but let her know I'm on board (sorry if this sounds weird). Not sure if this hurts or helps anyone...okay I'm out.

The important thing for you (IMO) would be to continue being supportive of what she has regardless. I say this only because if my SO came out and said he'd be excited if I got my boobs done, the first thing that would come out of my mouth is 'and what's wrong with them now???'. Or if he agreed with me that they were too small, that'd just make me even more depressed about the situation. It's definitely a tricky balance!

Also to note, a lot of people are saying there's 'nothing you can do'. Well, implants are a thing. I honestly wish the negative perception and stigma would go away. Others have noted that the small breast issue has made them feel like less of a woman or less of the person they want to be, and that's what I'm going through. I don't feel as attractive, especially when I'm in front of the mirror naked. I can put on push-up bra after push-up bra but at the end of the day, when I'm changing, I'm left with something I'm not happy with. And if I have the power (and money) to change it, why not?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I was barely an A cup prior to losing 35 pounds and still barely an A cup afterwards. No change that I noticed. ENVY ME!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ckmnacln
    ckmnacln Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I lost 70 pounds and went from a C cup to an A cup. :(. My mom lost tons of weight and kept her boobs which I hate lol
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    *sigh* I always used to be large breasted. Even when my BMI hovered around 18 when I was in my 20's I still wore a size 36D. Got pregnant, gained weight, breastfed a baby, lost weight, gained weight... It wasn't until these very last 10 lbs that my breasts decided to go--I went from a size 32F in August to a size 32C now. I'm a little sad, and they look pretty pathetic when not in a bra. I would consider implants at this point for more structure, but am terrified of the pain of recovery. Oh well, on the upside, running is easier, and it might make my golf swing a little less awkward.

LOL! Way to look on the bright side @mitch16
  • palwithme
    Options
    It's not the size its the length I am worried about. :\
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »

LOL. I saw one woman refer to her size as 40 Long.

• palwithme
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    palwithme wrote: »

LOL. I saw one woman refer to her size as 40 Long.

Sounds about right. Sadly.
  • Lainx20
    Lainx20 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    That was one of the first places that I lost weight - since I have started doing push-ups and more strength workouts with my arms I have noticed a change, not really in size but less droop :#

My doctor assures me that once I stop losing I will gain some fat back in the area.

Your experiences sounds just like mine. I hope your doctor is right (for me too). I'm happy being healthier and losing weight, I think it's the timing - if I lost it all over at the same speed maybe I wouldn't notice - but sometimes the scale is a couple pounds less and it seems like it's all from there! I'm gonna end up being a size A or tiny B by the time I'm through if this continues ^_^**
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    boobs and no boobs 60 lbs down...take the good with the bad
  • Lainx20
    Lainx20 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When my boobs went from small to smaller, I cried. I'm not normally the type of person to go crying over how my body looks, so I was surprised at myself. I was surprised I felt like less of a woman and they were actually small enough for me to be a little embarrassed being seen naked.

Thanks so much for sharing - this is exactly my feeling.. Like surprised at myself that I felt less feminine. It was like a feeling of loss. Oh well, There are worse things in life, I guess.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Lainx20 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    When my boobs went from small to smaller, I cried. I'm not normally the type of person to go crying over how my body looks, so I was surprised at myself. I was surprised I felt like less of a woman and they were actually small enough for me to be a little embarrassed being seen naked.

Thanks so much for sharing - this is exactly my feeling.. Like surprised at myself that I felt less feminine. It was like a feeling of loss. Oh well, There are worse things in life, I guess.

Right? I have never had that feeling before. I've always felt extremely feminine. Then I had these little tiny things hanging down that looked like they didn't belong. There are definitely worse things in life! And anyway, I may be a 32 B, but now I can wear a g-string.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The important thing for you (IMO) would be to continue being supportive of what she has regardless. I say this only because if my SO came out and said he'd be excited if I got my boobs done, the first thing that would come out of my mouth is 'and what's wrong with them now???'. Or if he agreed with me that they were too small, that'd just make me even more depressed about the situation. It's definitely a tricky balance!

Also to note, a lot of people are saying there's 'nothing you can do'. Well, implants are a thing. I honestly wish the negative perception and stigma would go away. Others have noted that the small breast issue has made them feel like less of a woman or less of the person they want to be, and that's what I'm going through. I don't feel as attractive, especially when I'm in front of the mirror naked. I can put on push-up bra after push-up bra but at the end of the day, when I'm changing, I'm left with something I'm not happy with. And if I have the power (and money) to change it, why not?
    There should be no stigma. There is nothing wrong with implants. If it makes somebody happier or more confident, they should do it if they can afford it. I don't understand why anybody would have an issue with this.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!