40 years and over

Options

Replies

• tiffgilkison
    Options
    Hi...I'm 42 and need to lose about 25 pounds. Just started this week and feeling determined.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    47 have had success this year with mfp (lost about 45lbs). Feel free to add me as I am recommitting to eating right and getting tuned up for Spring.
  • ck2113
    ck2113 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 40 and new here. I have about 20 lbs to lose. Motivation and positive reinforcement from our peers is so helpful. Add me please!
  • wanderlustre72
    wanderlustre72 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hey folks, I,ve returned in November after some time away due to ill health and I'm 11lbs down. I'm changing my eating and have started going to the gym twice a week too - so please add me if you like! I'm hoping to lose an average of 5lbs per month so its slow and steady and long lasting - good luck with your goals everyone!
  • pgj0hns0n
    pgj0hns0n Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow - strength in numbers
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    looking good people! Keep it going and moving forward! KCCO! , add me if you want, I will do my best to help out and drive us forward to our goals.
  • TessVladyka
    Options
    Trying to add friends but not having any luck... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
  • Cazionthopolis
    Options
    Hey there I'm 44 and ready to lose some pounds! ;)
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm 65 and I think it's hard to lose weight at any age. Older just means slower. Over one year in and I've lost 40lbs. so far at a steady rate of 2lbs. per month. Looking to drop another 10lbs, then go on maintenance. Happy to add friends.
  • Lesley40
    Options
    So interested in over 40. Can't seem to add people on my iPhone. I click on the name and nothing. Can u please add me? I'm 43 and need to lose 50. Just started recently. Would love more friends my age :blush:
  • desta2256
    desta2256 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 42 and have set a goal of losing 35 pounds. I'd love to have some extra support and to encourage others. :)
  • aiyvega
    aiyvega Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am getting back on track tomorrow. I'm 41 and need to lose 45 lbs!! Need all the support I can get.

• ssharpen
    Options
    luvdachs wrote: »
    I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:

• ssharpen
    Options
    Hi, Well I definitely fall into your demographics infact I'm 50+ and yes it gets harder as we get older. Well I hit an all time low a couple of weeks ago or should I say high if I'm referring to my weight. But I have made small changes and feel I'm making progress. I'm tracking my food it's always alarming when you see the caolories, fat and sugar content of what you eat. I've started walking my dog daily and depending on wether I'm working or not walk 30-60 minutes every day. I can only say even though it's been 2 weeks feel so much better, sleep better and have more energy all that must be good for my well being and I've stopped being down on myself I'm only human. My big weigh in will be this week so will keep you posted. Good luck with your weight loss. Keep positive and think of it as a journey to a healthier life.
  • torhvaz
    torhvaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello- 47 now- ready to lose 20lbs- just started back- please feel free to add me
  • chestilow
    chestilow Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Howdy. 40 here looking to lose about 35ish.
    Feel free to add.
  • floridamatty
    floridamatty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Im in my 40's. anyone on here can add me as a friend if they want to
  • MissBeth822
    MissBeth822 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 45, new at this. Looking for friends to keep each other encouraged thru weight loss ups and downs.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    40 here. Strength is at an all time high but body fat needs work. Why does food have to taste so good?
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That's me! Add me if you want to.