Over 50 Women's Club

Options
Any women nearing or over the age of 50 are cordially invited to join the Over 50 Women's Club for support, fun and laughter. The group is private so you must be invited or ask to be invited.

Replies

• Coelho812
    Options
    Yes please, I turned 50 in December so I'd like to join.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi Naughty - love the kittens! I would love to join the Over 50 Women's club. I am just off to follow up some of the info in your profile post.
  • kbath59
    kbath59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'd love to join the 50+ women's group. My bio is down below. I posted it as an "Introduce Myself" almost two weeks ago but got no response. Can anyone out there relate to my story:

Hi there:
    I've always got such a kick out of the slogan "try them again for the first time"! That's where I am. I'm beginning a new journey again for the first time. My journey is to learn and maintain a healthy lifestyle while losing 100 lbs. along the way. I will break this journey into small steps and aim for six to eight lbs. a week. Do I sound wishy-washy? I'm trying to be realistic so I can be encouraged.

There is so much to learn. How to work through those times of strong cravings? How to work through emotions without eating and survive! How to get out that door to exercise when every bone in my body is saying "I don't want to"! How to pass by the fast food restaurants that are calling my name? Perhaps you can relate. Let's take this journey together.

I am 56. I am a mom of three grown children (one still to launch who's finishing up at McGill University, other two launched). I have a husband of 30 years and a standard poodle named Dodger. I love to play the piano, quilt, and cross stitch.

Let's talk soon,
    brubeck1
    January 11, 2015 11:51AM Flag Quote
  • earthdog722
    Options
    Hi - I'm 56 (way over 50). Can I join the Over 50 Club? It's a great idea. I think with age comes extra challenges when losing weight. It's not as easy as it used to be. I would be happy losing 1 to 2 pounds a week. More if possible but I think that's realistic.

I have 4 kids - 19, 22, 26 and 30. All great kids who I adore! I have been divorced for 4 years now. I haven't dated at all and now that I'm getting my life back in order I want to get healthy and fit.

I look forward to hearing from you!
  • ibbyiam
    ibbyiam Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi I am 52, and starting a new me for a change, and boy do I need positive encouragement. I joined a gym 3 weeks ago. I started a new nutrition plan on here. I also have a fear of failure and I need to succeed. This sounds like a great group to be part of!
  • Sondicalondi
    Sondicalondi Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the over 50 club, turned 50 Dec 2014!
  • donnar12
    donnar12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the over 50 club.
  • DanElizKim
    DanElizKim Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Definitely, would like to join this club. Born in 1960.
    In my other intro, I indicated that I am thinking of this as a New Chapter: one that includes self-care. A novel concept for me. I am feeling energized. Have been swimming and attending spinning classes at the gym (Wow, that's work out!) and tracking on MFP and I have been feeling so much better already--it's only been about 2 weeks.

Biggest problem for me is staying disciplined with diet and exercise. I have great intentions...
    Well, this time I am going to stick with it. My sons are grown and have moved out. I am on my own. No excuses :) I want to take care of myself for a change and not just with diet and exercise but also with the moisturizer, the housework, entertainment, and friends. I have to change a lot of habits. But I do aim to be that lean, mean machine one day! :wink:
    Any feedback, discussion, and/or encouragement appreciated.
  • patneia
    patneia Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this group.
    I'm 55, motivated and very appreciative of other's ideas/tips/input and successes--would love to share anything I can to help other ladies too. Trying to re-lose 30lbs, eat clean and most of all feel good and healthy. TY!
  • SandraLeaShu
    Options
    Hi...This is new for me. Never joined a fitness group before. I don't like to diet and I don't like to excercise...but I don't like the way I feel either. Just a brief bio: Married when I was 18. Married for 21 years and my husband passed away suddenly. I was 40. I have 4 children. 27, 26, 23, 15. All moved away except the youngest. I remarried 2 years ago. And have gained 25lbs. :( Ready to get back into shape. Tired of being 51 and feeling 71. I am looking for friends who are ready to change too. In need of good recipes that don't have a lot of weird stuff in them. LoL
  • kokopelli505
    Options
    Hi, I am 52 and I have been wheat free for 3 weeks now. Starting to feel great. Now, just to be able to lose more weight, so far only 3 lbs. so I am doing something wrong. I am doing HFLC. Help!
  • Theresa6161957
    Theresa6161957 Posts: 9
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi, my name is Teri and I am 57 yrs old. I'd Like to Join also, below is a little bit of info

I'd like to lose at least 50 or maybe 60 lb's. I tried WW back in the day and was successful, but I'd only needed to lose 20 lb's back then. I tried the diet again, but couldn't stick with the calculating of Points. I am hoping that MFP will not be to annoying because instead of the Points, I'm calculating Calories. My biggest issue is the trying to get the exact calculation for what it is I'm eating. Simple things like a piece of Chicken or a cup of vegetables is easy, but when you get to things that are all in one dish, it gets to be a pain. Any suggestions with that? Anyway, I am more positive then I've been in a long time, so I am hoping that will bring me the success I am looking for and of course, the support of you gals and guys who are on this journey too.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this group I'm 63.
  • cruelas01
    cruelas01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am 57 and need to loose 40-50lbs. I was always fit and trim until I remarried 17 years ago. For the last 15 my weight steadily grew from 140 to 190. I am tired of my daughter complaining of me being 'frumpy', but the eye opener is when my husband was told he needed to lose weight (he looks good to me 5'10" at 210 - muscular). I also hate how my fat thighs will not let me get a good nights sleep (ugh). And then there is the mirror and our pictures from Hawaii last May. I could go on and on... it is time to do this! I started the California Medical Weight Loss on 1/7 and was shocked when my blood work came back and the doctor told me I was borderline Diabetic and good I was serious about losing now. He also told me that my Body had a REMARKABLE ability to store FAT and that I would be able to survive a very long time in the desert. Wow! I always knew I was remarkable! Anyways, I got tired of logging my food in the little notebook provided with the program and found this site to log my food and keep track of my calories in a daily journal. I started exploring the site and saw the groups and thought it would be nice to find others like me to help inspire me and to feel a part of a network of others in my same age group with similar goals. I hope you can accept me in this group. It will be fun to connect with others in my boat.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, too, please. I'm in my mid-50s.
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Would love to join, turned 50 last November:) Just started back on mfp, have recently moved house and got a new puppy so plenty of opportunities for walks coming up!
  • sharifit53
    sharifit53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Age 56. Husby of 36 years, grown children, have lost abuncha weight, working on maintenance now!
  • roubisha
    roubisha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Can I join, I turned 50 last year and am at the beginning of my weight loss journey so will value the support!
  • Gillbm22
    Options
    Can I please join you youngsters here? My 50th birthday was so long ago, it's just a distant memory now. I need to lose a minimum of 20kg - preferably 30 if possible.
  • Goobs53
    Goobs53 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, please add me too!