Starting Couch to 5K (c25k) Monday, May 9th! Anyone with me?

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    I'm not doing this because I necessarily want to become a runner or do a 5k, but because I need the structured exercise! I think it will be a great way to have a plan and to stay accountable!

In that case, do it however you feel comfortable :) Ultimately this is about YOUR goals and YOUR health!

ETA: Love the verse in your siggy btw!
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    I started C25K this past week, so I'll be starting week 2 on Monday. I look forward to seeing how you guys like the program as you go. I already love it, even if I am a bit slow and heavy. Good luck!
  • HaleyAlli
    I started C25K this past week, so I'll be starting week 2 on Monday. I look forward to seeing how you guys like the program as you go. I already love it, even if I am a bit slow and heavy. Good luck!

Thanks so much! :)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    I finished the program at the end of March.... it is such a great thing to accomplish. I did have to repeat a few weeks, mainly two and three, for family illness/housing issues. I am sooo glad I did it, and that I didn't give up. Overall it's a great way to build up your endurance without overly straining your body.
    As with the previous poster, I am now a RUNNER! I run 4 miles at a time a few days a week, and try to do one day of intervals, too. I'm doing my 3rd 5K tomorrow am.... but not "racing" it, I will run it with my hubby to get him to do the whole thing without walking. :-)
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    I found the free podcasts from running into shape essential for my success.
  • HaleyAlli
    I finished the program at the end of March.... it is such a great thing to accomplish. I did have to repeat a few weeks, mainly two and three, for family illness/housing issues. I am sooo glad I did it, and that I didn't give up. Overall it's a great way to build up your endurance without overly straining your body.
    As with the previous poster, I am now a RUNNER! I run 4 miles at a time a few days a week, and try to do one day of intervals, too. I'm doing my 3rd 5K tomorrow am.... but not "racing" it, I will run it with my hubby to get him to do the whole thing without walking. :-)
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    I found the free podcasts from running into shape essential for my success.

Awesome, thanks for the words of encouragement! Where do you find the podcasts?
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    I just did Week 1 Day 1!!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Oh good, you're still alive! There's hope for us then, LOL! XD
  • mamato3inca
    mamato3inca Posts: 168 Member
    I just downloaded an app to my Droid for C25k. You can play your music in thew background (whatever you want, your songs or Pandora) and it beeps at you when it's time to change. Looks pretty cool! I'm hoping to join you all on Monday!
  • htuzzi324
    htuzzi324 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in! I haven't run in nearly 3 years, and I'd love to get started again! Starting Monday!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    I've just finished week 3, although I've been doing the programme for about 5 weeks - it took me nearly 3 weeks to do week 1, so although I'm in front of you, I figure some of you will easily catch me up! Week 4 next week is looking somewhat daunting.

Good luck to all of you - I can't wait until I can say I'm a runner. :smile:
  • NDBee
    NDBee Posts: 4
    I have been planning for two weeks now that my start date will be on the 9th (finals wrapping up and all that just made it too much to take on these last couple weeks). So glad to see that there's a group starting next week! Hopefully I'll remember to keep checking in here as well, best of luck to everyone!

Oh, PS. I'll be trying out the 'Get Running (Couch to 5K) app for my iTouch. I also know that podrunner intervals has free downloads you can use, with music by djsteveboy. It's techno/ish, but it sort of lets you zone out while you run and gives you tone cues as to when to jog vs walk, and hey, it's free!
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    I want to be a runner!!! I'm in.:happy:
  • HaleyAlli
    Welcome everybody! Anyone know if there's a good app for a Blackberry? That's what I have right now... (although I'm seriously considering switching to an iphone, I need more apps! lol!)
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    *doublepost*
  • Teemo
    Teemo Posts: 338
    I'm in! My running is terrible...
  • HaleyAlli
    Awesome, great to have you!
  • Good luck guys, I am a former runner trying to get it back, and I am actually about to start week 4 of C210K, but I wanna wish you guys the best of luck. Stick with it, you can do it!
  • HaleyAlli
    Thanks, your support is much appreciated! :)
  • HaleyAlli
    BUMP! Still 2 days before we start, there's time to join!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    a previous poster noted the DJ free podcasts, I liked them, but I also liked the ones from Carli at runningintoshape.com.... Google free podcasts and her site should pop right up.
    I really liked the podcasts bc i can just focus on pushing it, not looking at a watch or guessing how far I've gone or when to stop.
    I now use the first few weeks podcasts to do my interval training, where I run faster on the runs and jog slowly on the walk intervals.
    Good luck!