Mcdonalds????????????

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Personally, I find McDonald's to be absolutely repulsive. I was never a fan of the food and would only eat it if traveling and no other choices were available. Otherwise I haven't eaten McD's in over a year.

I've been longer than that... almost 20 years now. My sister used to work in one, my friends and I ate there often because it was cheap... and that describes the quality as well.

If I want a burger, it's Five Guys or one of the local places for me. Even then, it's a rare event.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I actually used to work for the company in the corporate office. I learned a lot about the food in the process and the people who create the food. It was super interesting.

As for the food, I'm glad McDonalds is reaching those looking for convenience but lighter options for their guests. I rarely eat McDonalds so I consider it a treat when I do. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the Golden Arches when I'm on a road trip. More often than not, I look forward to fitting a Grilled Chicken Sandwich (hold the tomato, extra pickles) and fries into my diet.

Everything in moderation if you enjoy it :)

For some reason the grilled chicken is the worst to me out of everything! lol I feel like I could bounce it off the ground like a rubber ball! I tried to like it lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?

Yeah... no. :noway:
    Personally, I find McDonald's to be absolutely repulsive. I was never a fan of the food and would only eat it if traveling and no other choices were available. Otherwise I haven't eaten McD's in over a year.

Good for you! *thumbs up*
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    One perk of my job is we get food around town really cheap/free. When on night shift I eat there quite often, as long as it fits in my daily food plan it works. When I eat burgers I tend to go high on my carbs for the day combined with the fries. Usually I eat a chicken sandwich and also enjoy their salads. One of the night managers makes our salads herself and does them up right! Fast food isn't low fat or cal so you certainly have to plan the rest of your day around it.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I actually used to work for the company in the corporate office. I learned a lot about the food in the process and the people who create the food. It was super interesting.

As for the food, I'm glad McDonalds is reaching those looking for convenience but lighter options for their guests. I rarely eat McDonalds so I consider it a treat when I do. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the Golden Arches when I'm on a road trip. More often than not, I look forward to fitting a Grilled Chicken Sandwich (hold the tomato, extra pickles) and fries into my diet.

Everything in moderation if you enjoy it :)

For some reason the grilled chicken is the worst to me out of everything! lol I feel like I could bounce it off the ground like a rubber ball! I tried to like it lol

LOL - Now I may never look at it the same when on road trips! I usually really crave Big Macs, but figure the Grilled Chicken is the lesser of the two evils. :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Nothing at fast food places is healthy so just because there's an egg white mcmuffin, that does not mean its good. If it's part of your cheat meal, sure, go ahead but real and good food doesn't pop out in under a min. If your low in time in the morning, why don't you start meal prepping?

If I meal prep an english muffin with canadian bacon, cheese, and an egg white is that healthier than McDonald's version? And if so, why?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    If I want a burger, it's Five Guys or one of the local places for me. Even then, it's a rare event.

Oh yes, Five Guys is the bomb. If you actually like McDonald's and find it "worth the calories," then you can fit those calories into your eating regimen. :flowerforyou:
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I try to avoid this place at all costs... But occasionally I'll stop for a mcchicken without mayo and add cheese! Sooo tatsty!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    I liked the Select Chicken strips and Angus Burgers then they dropped both and lost me. They are not going backwards every quarter for a while now because they are doing things right. Not sure why their food no longer agrees with me but it may be an age thing.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

If I meal prep an english muffin with canadian bacon, cheese, and an egg white is that healthier than McDonald's version? And if so, why?

No, it's not any healthier.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

yes…because your kitchen is magically healthier…..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Well, my kitchen IS amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Well, my kitchen IS amazing. :flowerforyou:

lol
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

I've been longer than that... almost 20 years now. My sister used to work in one, my friends and I ate there often because it was cheap... and that describes the quality as well.

Mmmmmmm five guys!! <3
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I might be dating myself here but I really miss their pizza. It was so yummy, and the perfect size. Nom.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'll take Wendy's over McDonald's any day!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    OMG! McDonalds! I'm lovin' it!
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »

Oh yes, Five Guys is the bomb. If you actually like McDonald's and find it "worth the calories," then you can fit those calories into your eating regimen. :flowerforyou:

Not to go off topic too much, but we have two places in my part of NJ, 25 Burgers and Cheeburger Cheeburger that kick Five Guys' ***.

Not that I think they're any healthier than McD's of course, but the quality is far far better. ;)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    I might be dating myself here but I really miss their pizza. It was so yummy, and the perfect size. Nom.
    I used to get the pizza as kid when I'd visit some family in Canada. I was thought it was rad.