LADIES who are 5'4'' or 5'5''

Options
I would like to know what the average weight goal for a woman 5'4-5'5 of height. Im 5'4'' and my goal weight is 130-135. Is that a good weight goal for my height? My current weight is 150lbs and my starting weight is 158lbs. I've been this weight for any years and im tired of it.

What is your weight goal?

Caro ox

Replies

• kels_love
    kels_love Posts: 23
    Options
    It really depends on your body frame. I'm 5'4", and I weigh wayyyyy more than you. My goal is to reach 150!!! But, I have a broad frame so I can hold a lot more weight then those with an average or small frame.
  • Nikki_856
    Nikki_856 Posts: 29
    Options
    I am 5'4 (technically 5'3 and 3/4) I started at 160 and my goal is 127. Your goal sounds great to me. Good luck!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I would like to get down to between 120-125. But I would like to build up muscle so I don't look gaunt. :) Jillian Michaels weighs about 115-120, but I think I have a larger frame than her.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2", but according to the BMI charts YOUR healthy weight is between 109 and 146 pounds. So you're pretty darn close, great job! :)
  • chocbeast
    chocbeast Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and weighing in at 171 lbs at the mo and my goal is 150 lbs which is a healthy BMI and realistic for me to achieve.
  • carobert95
    carobert95 Posts: 26
    Options
    I have a medium frame to large frame. So is this still a good weight goal?
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body frame. I'm 5'4", and I weigh wayyyyy more than you. My goal is to reach 150!!! But, I have a broad frame so I can hold a lot more weight then those with an average or small frame.

Exactly, I have latina curves and wanna keep them! I'd look sickly if I weighed 127. I'm shooting for 160 and seeing how I feel/look from there.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my goal weight is 125-130. Anything less than that for me I don't think would look good. I think it really depends on how you feel when you get to a certain weight. It really shouldn't be about the numbers on the scale but how you look and feel about yourself. I am at about 134 now and I am feeling really good about how I am looking so I may stop at 130.
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    PS. I'm right in the middle at 5'4 1/2" lol
  • MysticMoon
    MysticMoon Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow i can't believe i'm actually going to say this but i'm now finally 5ft 4inch after my femur was lengthened 2 inches lol. On here i started at 152 but in life i started to do some work at 160lbs. I would love to look athletic rather than skinny, so as long as i ain't wobbling would be nice. I would like 125 if possible though, as i think at that weight i would stop the dreaded wobble.

Good luck and i think it depends on your frame, mine isn't that big so at size 14 i look closer to a size 16, whereas my sister at size 14 looks really really skinny!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and 140 lbs. I am vaguely aiming for 130, but was told for my build I should be 138 as that puts me at 20% fat. I think I'd be happier at 130, though. I still have flab at 140.
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight range is 125 to 128, no lower, no higher. I like to give myself a small range that like. That's where I feel most comfortable and I maintained that for years. Just the last year I've put on 6 pounds and it's been driving me crazy! I have a small frame.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    im 5'5 and my goal is 135 ish...give or take a few pounds. Starting weight was 161 am currently 149....to be honest as long as i lose the flab and tone nicely I aren't gona stress too much what the scales say. I'd say your goals are pretty realistic xx
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I would like to get down to between 120-125. But I would like to build up muscle so I don't look gaunt. :) Jillian Michaels weighs about 115-120, but I think I have a larger frame than her.

Jillian Michaels is only about 5'1", she's teeny.
  • carobert95
    Options
    i know shes so small
  • carobert95
    Options
    PS. I'm right in the middle at 5'4 1/2" lol

ya i am too lol
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" or 5'4" and my goal is around 115. I have a small frame. currently i am down from 152 to 130. My focus now is cardio and some muscle weights for toning. If I never see below 130 that is fine but I want to be tone and look good. Weight is just one goal, I also have jean sizes and over all jiggle reduction. Whatever anyone decides, you will be better than you were and your new focus on health will help you live a longer life in the long run.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My weight crept up to about 160 last fall thanks to depression. My normal, just coasting along, wouldn't mind losing, but ok if I don't and can eat whatever I want, weight was around 145. When I started getting healthy, I didn't care about the number on the scale at all... I just wanted to be fit enough to run a 5k. Then I joined MPF and had to put something in for my goal, and chose 135.

When I got back down to somewhere around 150-145, I bumped it down to 130, because I hadn't seen much difference in the first 10 to 15 pounds I lost. But to be honest, I didn't see much difference in the 10-15 I gained, either. :laugh:

Now, I'm 137, and really happy with it. There's still a few mushy parts I'd like less mushy, but I don't care about the scale again. I'm still aiming to lose .5 a week, but fitness is once again my primary focus. If I lose the mushy bits without losing another pound, that's just fine. Fitness wise? Got no problem running those 5ks now, and I'm training for 10k.

I've been thin and even skinny before. As a kid, it was just a fast metabolism and in my early 30s it was a jaw problem that prevented me from eating normally. Now that I'm strong and fit and exercise like a fiend, I'm going to weigh more than I did then because I didn't have the muscle tone I have now, even if I get to the same size I once was.

So... my advice is just to play it by ear. Re-evaluate your goal every 5 or 10 pounds. Take pictures, too. I don't always see the change in the mirror, but when I see photos, I think, "Hot damn! I look GOOOOOD!"
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I started at 155 lbs, and my goal is 125 lbs. Guess it just depends on your frame and where and how you carry the extra fat/weight, and also where you feel comfortable.
  • livlinde
    livlinde Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and I weigh between 125 and 130, depending on the time of the month. ;) I'd like to drop some pounds, since I feel most comfortable at 118-120.