Coffee addiction

Options
13»

Replies

• Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You could make it into a ritual. This is what I did when my children were small, and still set aside "coffee time". I grind the beans, I boil the water, I do a pour over (like french press). Then, this whole ritual is even better than sugar. I still use cream in my coffee, but it's delicious coffee and I can afford the calories for two tablespoons of half and half in two cups of good coffee. I just don't drink crap coffee anymore unless I'm desperate.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot to mention 49th Parallel, also BC-based. I love their Epic Espresso.
    I stumbled across 49th Parallel totally by accident. Best coffee I've ever had.

• Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a large coffee with 2.5 Tbs of cream and 4 teaspoons of sugar every morning. I cannot function without it. It is actually the first thing I log every morning and the rest gets fit in around it :) I'm a firm believer in eating/drinking anything you want as long as it fits in your calories. I lost 30lbs in 2013 eating ice cream, pizza, etc and drinking coffee, soda.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot to mention 49th Parallel, also BC-based. I love their Epic Espresso.
    I stumbled across 49th Parallel totally by accident. Best coffee I've ever had.

I will look for some of the brands listed. Believe me, I try coffees from time to time.

I am in the middle of Missouri, so have to buy online.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I personally love the coffeemate creamers. I used to love starbucks, but after a rxn (allergic) to a cup of coffee I had to give it up. I love the different flavors the creamers come in.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »
    I have a large coffee with 2.5 Tbs of cream and 4 teaspoons of sugar every morning. I cannot function without it. It is actually the first thing I log every morning and the rest gets fit in around it :) I'm a firm believer in eating/drinking anything you want as long as it fits in your calories. I lost 30lbs in 2013 eating ice cream, pizza, etc and drinking coffee, soda.

Of course you CAN function without it, you are just choosing not to do so.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Double doubles are BRUTAL for calories. It's 18% creamo! Try weaning yourself down to singles, then maybe just milk. Although TH coffee is crap without the cream :( at least you're not addicted to the Gretzky (nine and nine).

For our American friends, double doubles are a Canadian staple from Tim Hortons coffee (double cream, double sugar). The cream is 18% milkfat and slightly sweetened. So darn yummy
    That! I loved double doubles until, one day, I checked their nutritional break sown on TH's website. I haven't touched one since. I've found that I get an equal amount of enjoyment from a coffee made in my AeroPress at home with a fraction of the cream and sugar.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    As my mother used to always say, "drink it black...like my men, lol."

I relate to this (well, not a man, but...). Not sure why, but at some point in my 20s I decided it was time to learn to drink coffee black, like an adult. (Before then I'd done about half milk, half coffee--that's the only way I got through school, heh. Lucky for me I've always found sugar in coffee weird.) So I just started putting in less and less until I found I was enjoying it black.

Experimenting with better coffees helps too. Around here there are lots of good local coffee options, and I like Peets and Intelligentsia (well, that's basically a local chain still) for chains just fine.
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Coffee or Death just saying Kx
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself to better coffee and you won't feel the need to mask the taste with so much cream and sugar.

Do tell what brands are "better". That would be helpful.

I need my morning cup of coffee and have not found anything worth a darn. Thanks!
    Disclaimer: Personal opinion without any affiliation to products follows.

Good beans available here

Any bean from them is likely to exceed whatever you find

with:

Aeropress

For a brewing method most find vastly more flavorful than a Mister Coffee or similar.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: Personal opinion without any affiliation to products follows.

Good beans available here

Any bean from them is likely to exceed whatever you find

with:

Aeropress

For a brewing method most find vastly more flavorful than a Mister Coffee or similar.

Thank you so much. Here in the midwest of nowhere my choices are limited.

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Another good bean source...a bit expensive, but totally worth it.

buy.stumptowncoffee.com/