Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My daughters name is Amelia too... except it was just coincidence that it was the name of a character in one of my favorite shows. I didn't start watching Dr. Who until 3mo ago. lol
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread has really grown!!! Thought you guys would enjoy this- a TARDIS belt buckle. I hope to do a themed shoot with the family soon with all of us wearing Doctor related gear. My daughter will be in a pair of hand painted galaxy leggings with a TARDIS applique, my husband will wear this, I will have a hand painted galaxy skirt with a TARDIS applique and I think my youngest will wear a Fez!
    - zxkcolwtob2y.jpg
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow this thread has really grown!!! Thought you guys would enjoy this- a TARDIS belt buckle. I hope to do a themed shoot with the family soon with all of us wearing Doctor related gear. My daughter will be in a pair of hand painted galaxy leggings with a TARDIS applique, my husband will wear this, I will have a hand painted galaxy skirt with a TARDIS applique and I think my youngest will wear a Fez!
    - zxkcolwtob2y.jpg

That is fabulous!
  • ellavader
    ellavader Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

Love the name! :smile: fellow geek over here. I love Doctor Who, Arrow, Flash, gaming ( we have every nineteenth system :blush: ) I have a major addiction to collecting funko pops. They have doctor who ones coming out soon.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Some weekend motivation to get us up and out the door!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTsxF47wx5M

Lol Dean/Jensen is *kitten* hilarious and somehow he reminds me of William Shatner in this video - overacting gold

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    - zxkcolwtob2y.jpg

Wow it looks awesome! WANT IT *drools*
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    In all my crafting I never make anything for myself. I've been super annoyed with carrying a purse lately, so yesterday I made myself a wallet. I used left over Supernatural fabric. It isn't perfect, but it is the first one I ever made.

10334306_10204060154839350_4216225424360629912_n.jpg?oh=b3efc418e5baa40cffeef4287306f6fb&oe=55598B2C

10407744_10204060152719297_1631692748583860391_n.jpg?oh=8363bb17fad8ec3e3833d3c6c8e41b5e&oe=5569A46A
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In all my crafting I never make anything for myself. I've been super annoyed with carrying a purse lately, so yesterday I made myself a wallet. I used left over Supernatural fabric. It isn't perfect, but it is the first one I ever made.

10334306_10204060154839350_4216225424360629912_n.jpg?oh=b3efc418e5baa40cffeef4287306f6fb&oe=55598B2C

10407744_10204060152719297_1631692748583860391_n.jpg?oh=8363bb17fad8ec3e3833d3c6c8e41b5e&oe=5569A46A

That and the pillowcase are super freaking adorable. *swoons*

As for me, I'm a gamer and like a wide variety of nerdy things. Yay common interests!
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Massive Fairy Tail fan (anime but disney rocks too)

-Sailor moon

-Doctor Who- Tennant rocks my socks for eternity

-Lost girl

-Marvel

Supernatural - My precious Castiel -pun intended

-Harry Potter

-Stargate

-Constantine

-TVD

-Chuck

-Sherlock

I could be here all day lol
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    sarieth05 wrote: »

That and the pillowcase are super freaking adorable. *swoons*

Thanks!!! :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    did shoulders and abs this morning. WHERE"S THE SNOW? I got the workout in...now I want to play some games! instead...i'm at work. :(
  • Abbie_T
    Abbie_T Posts: 38
    Options
    One of us. One of us.

Looking for MFP friends of anyone wants to add me :-)
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Yeah, I got about 4 episodes into Constantine and am just letting it record the rest of the season until I know if it will be renewed or not lol. I'm hoping it does, because I like it a hell (pun intended) of a lot better than the stupid Keanu Reeves movie that came out.

Also, I'm usually not a fan of shows made my The SyFy channel because they're usually chock full of crappy acting... But I'm REALLY liking the show Helix. I just watched Season 1 on Netflix and am recording Season 2 that started last week.

I know, I know....I have to watch Constantine. Demon genre junky here...must watch, lol.

As far as Sy Fy channel, I am not afraid of the Grade Z movie or tv series. I enjoy them actually. Bad scripts and acting can be fun on Sy Fy. (Swanky Tomato ducks here...)

Helix is awesome isn't it? I also had to start watching 12 Monkey's because well I need another show to confuse the hell out of me.

My favorite Grade Z at the moment as far as movies, is "Tokyo Zombie". Any other grade z movie fans here?

• howebrook
    howebrook Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yay...excited to find this group. Huge Dr Who fan - both new and classic who. And my daughter's name is Eowyn. Love that we can know get her into our fan interests.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The more I learn about other geeky things the more I get into them! But I was always a Dr Who fan. There is a ComicCon in Preston this year, Yay, I'll be there.
  • SwankyTomato
    Options
    caddir wrote: »
    The more I learn about other geeky things the more I get into them! But I was always a Dr Who fan. There is a ComicCon in Preston this year, Yay, I'll be there.

Obviously the "Holy Grail" is San Diego. However the expense and trying to even get tickets is a bit of a deterrent. ;)

I think I would like to hit a Supernatural Con while the show is still being filmed and "Sam and Dean" are still hot.

• Codilee87
    Options
    Any fans of the Dresden Files?
  • SwankyTomato
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »

I saw the TV series on Netflix, have not read the books.

• Codilee87
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »

I saw the TV series on Netflix, have not read the books.

Oh, I've read the books but haven't watched the show lolz
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Books + show, although I am not caught up with the newest releases. I'm usually more of a sci-fi gal, but a fellow space/alt history fan talked me into trying out this wacky urban fantasy series with pitch-perfect narration. And then talk about perfect casting for the show. (Very happy to see him getting work now on Arrow. Genre forever.)