Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    mango90 wrote: »
    So much this. If he does, he may go down as the biggest troll in literary history.

Sigh, no, if he dies, it'll be Robert Jordan all over again.

• mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    So much this. If he does, he may go down as the biggest troll in literary history.

Sigh, no, if he dies, it'll be Robert Jordan all over again.
    I'm unfamiliar with Robert Jordan and had to google him. I'm assuming the books that came out after his death weren't as good?
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I felt like they were trying to capitalize on him. There was only supposed to be one more, and then suddenly there were two... and maybe it was all in my head, but it never felt quite the same.
  • amber_hoffman
    amber_hoffman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to have some support and motivation from my fellow nerds! I guess I fall under a few titles.......Gamer......Mom.....Nerd.....Bookworm.....Artist. But "motivated to workout" is not on that list! I've got this 13 lbs. I've gained that I need to get rid of. Add me and I'll support back! :)
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    DoctahJenn wrote: »
    I felt like they were trying to capitalize on him. There was only supposed to be one more, and then suddenly there were two... and maybe it was all in my head, but it never felt quite the same.
    Ugh, imagine them trying to drag out GoT even more than it's been. Some people have been waiting 20 years for a conclusion!
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

I play support so that everything is my fault till the end of time. And its free so you can download it and play with no money involved which is great if you hate it.

I also love my kindle and all the sites that let me steal ebooks and calibre to format them for my kindle.

On the book side of things, it can be hit or miss, but check out bookbub.com. Used it for about 2 months now and have received a good bit of links for free or really cheap ebooks. Not an advertisement, just passing along. Most of the time I skip stuff, but I'm fairly particular.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!

Heck yes! Games, movies, TV shows (American Horror Story <3), doesn't really matter what it is I can't get enough. So few people to nerd out with cause they won't watch horror movies with me LOL

• Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    abuck_13 wrote: »
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

I play support so that everything is my fault till the end of time. And its free so you can download it and play with no money involved which is great if you hate it.

I also love my kindle and all the sites that let me steal ebooks and calibre to format them for my kindle.

On the book side of things, it can be hit or miss, but check out bookbub.com. Used it for about 2 months now and have received a good bit of links for free or really cheap ebooks. Not an advertisement, just passing along. Most of the time I skip stuff, but I'm fairly particular.

I use epubbud.com, sometimes they have what I'm looking for sometimes they don't
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!

Heck yes! Games, movies, TV shows (American Horror Story <3), doesn't really matter what it is I can't get enough. So few people to nerd out with cause they won't watch horror movies with me LOL

wo0t!!!! I hear ya on never having anyone to nerd out with on the horror. I have one person at work I can have a serious horror discussion with, but that's it. Hubby suffers through my horror movies...he isn't a fan of October because I take over the tv.

Our usual banter over horror
    Him: They're so fake and out there.
    Me: Oh yea, and the movie Torque was so accurate. O_o
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options

I also like a few animes my favourites are Death Note and Black Butler and my hubby and I have cosplayed as Ciel (me) and Sebastian (him) a few times most recently at Comic Con last October. I love steampunk too as 'adventure steampunk' and I got a very cool NERF crossbow that's been sanded down, painted and varnished so it looks like it's made from wood and it's like my favourite thing :)

That is cool. Love Black Butler. I will admit, I have only been to 1 Con.

• spiritedshannon
    spiritedshannon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi guys! fellow geek here glad to find a motivation and support group :smiley:
    I lost 20 pounds a few years ago and felt great but slowly over time I got lazy and fat again. haha! well this time in hoping to lose 50 pounds (with small goals) and feel really good about myself.
    So say we all!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Oh me too. I was peeved when Dresden Files got cancelled, I nearly kicked the TV in frustration after watching the last episode of Moonlight and how they left it wide open for a second series and then it got cancelled. I didn't like how the end of Pushing Daisies was rushed and didn't feel right. I nearly cried when I found out Almost Human was cancelled (again leaving it open for an intense second series) and I'm really getting into Constantine but I know I'm going to be disappointed soon when it ends as it's been cancelled. :(

I know right. For me I have to add Caprica to my super peeved it got cancelled list.

Loving Constantine as well. I am crossing my fingers that we get more than one season!

Now here is something "old" that some of you may have seen. It was a show called"Good VS Evil". Great show, got cancelled of course.

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I love Star Trek and Doctor Who, as well as many other scifi shows :3 Also enjoy watching anime and playing video games (PS3, nintendo DS and my computer) ^^
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi guys! fellow geek here glad to find a motivation and support group :smiley:
    I lost 20 pounds a few years ago and felt great but slowly over time I got lazy and fat again. haha! well this time in hoping to lose 50 pounds (with small goals) and feel really good about myself.
    So say we all!

Welcome!! I felt the same way as you and figured I'd get us all together!
  • adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love Star Trek and Doctor Who, as well as many other scifi shows :3 Also enjoy watching anime and playing video games (PS3, nintendo DS and my computer) ^^

What kind of anime we talking here? I'm behind on the Naruto bandwagon but I'm watching it now and reading the manga.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Loving Constantine as well. I am crossing my fingers that we get more than one season!

Well sorry to break it to you, but it's probably going to get canceled. I actually stopped watching after the first episode because the ratings were bad and I didn't want to get involved in yet another show that would be canceled after a season.

I was annoyed at Almost Human but at least the ending wasn't a cliffhanger. I got PISSED at Alphas. I only watched it recently after my husband told me it had a decent ending. I really liked the show and the characters and I was seriously pissed off when I saw the last episode. I wanted to smack him. Apparently he can't distinguish a cliffhanger from a very bad ending.

And yeah, obviously, Firefly, although I only discovered it after Serenity. At least it got an ending.

I'm unfamiliar with Robert Jordan and had to google him. I'm assuming the books that came out after his death weren't as good?

They were better! Brandon Sanderson is fantastic.

I'm probably the only person in the world who didn't like Games of Thrones (I haven't watched the show). I read the first books, and stopped at the 4th, the 5th took ages to come out but I had lost interest by then anyway. Wasn't too interested in seeing how he killed the other main characters I guess.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Any of the horror fans here played P.T. on the PS4? That game is SCARY. It also made me super excited for Silent Hills. Starring Norman Reedus and directed by Guillermo del Torro? I need it.
    yup. P.T. rocked. the first four silent hills are classics..."origins" wasn't bad either.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    40 minutes of shoulders=done! 10 minute ab routine=done! caught up on last night's episode of The Flash=done! :)
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I love the whole steampunk thing. I can't pull it off, but everything about it is great. I'd love to put in some steampunk stuff in a room in the house, but that won't happen....
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Well sorry to break it to you, but it's probably going to get canceled. I actually stopped watching after the first episode because the ratings were bad and I didn't want to get involved in yet another show that would be canceled after a season.

I was annoyed at Almost Human but at least the ending wasn't a cliffhanger. I got PISSED at Alphas. I only watched it recently after my husband told me it had a decent ending. I really liked the show and the characters and I was seriously pissed off when I saw the last episode. I wanted to smack him. Apparently he can't distinguish a cliffhanger from a very bad ending.

And yeah, obviously, Firefly, although I only discovered it after Serenity. At least it got an ending.

Yeah, I got about 4 episodes into Constantine and am just letting it record the rest of the season until I know if it will be renewed or not lol. I'm hoping it does, because I like it a hell (pun intended) of a lot better than the stupid Keanu Reeves movie that came out.

Also, I'm usually not a fan of shows made my The SyFy channel because they're usually chock full of crappy acting... But I'm REALLY liking the show Helix. I just watched Season 1 on Netflix and am recording Season 2 that started last week.