Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• Astronamy82
    Astronamy82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh me too. I was peeved when Dresden Files got cancelled, I nearly kicked the TV in frustration after watching the last episode of Moonlight and how they left it wide open for a second series and then it got cancelled. I didn't like how the end of Pushing Daisies was rushed and didn't feel right. I nearly cried when I found out Almost Human was cancelled (again leaving it open for an intense second series) and I'm really getting into Constantine but I know I'm going to be disappointed soon when it ends as it's been cancelled. :(

I still don't understand how Almost Human was cancelled. It was a great cast, budget, writing, etc. It was a good cop action show with robots!! Come on!

Urgh don't get me started :# I know right. I've signed petitions to bring it back and forever hopeful I loved the banter between John and Dorian and the stories were great. I just don't get it.
  • Fitgirl_666
    Fitgirl_666 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!

yup. seems a lot of horror lately has been nerfed to be suitable for 13 year olds though. eagerly awaiting horror's eventual return.

ughhhhhhh so true!

I'm a huge fan of the old slashers, but love a good zombie flick :)

My fingers are still crossed for Trick 'r Treat 2...it needs to happen!!!!
    Trick 'r Treat ROCKED. we need more Sam!! I heard it wasn't a matter of "if", but "when" we get part 2. though we had to wait for the first.

I looooooooooooooooove Sam!!! Trick 'r Treat is one of my favorites. I ran out of time for Halloween this year, but I was working on a Sam costume for myself. My Mother-in-law helped with the jumpsuit. It came out great :) I will be ready for 2015 Halloween.
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    There are a few horror movies out there that are still good. Try "The Babadook" it legit scared me and not many movies do that.
  • Noodle797
    Noodle797 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Old school geek here, RPGs (GenCon 19 years straight before it moved out of my hometown), classic SW, Marvel, have been to many ComiCons in various locations, RenFaire, anime, Harry Potter, Walking Dead, have jillions of Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, & the like books, Whedonverse, etc, etc, etc.
  • Boganella
    Options
    "As above, so below" and "Housebound" are good as well.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's awesome to see so many geeks on here! I'm a big gaming geek (PC, consoles & portables) and have been getting back into Pokémon for some old school nostalgia haha Also love comic books, novels, anything zombie (Walking Dead ftw!) and firmly believe that light sabres make EVERYTHING better.
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    There are a few horror movies out there that are still good. Try "The Babadook" it legit scared me and not many movies do that.

I've been seeing good things about that. I'm looking forward to checking it out :)

I'm a wicked fraidy cat, and still love my horror flicks :)
  • Fitgirl_666
    Options
    10906559_10153090195494612_6576494663331323064_n.jpg?oh=f42445651490f58ecac7f0e229e27e43&oe=5527C2EA&__gda__=1428498367_73f408bc8e0d335126bd81be314dc8a3
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I need to find time to watch movies! I was a soccer and hockey coach for years, so that always took up my free time. Maybe I can find some now somehow.....
  • ljs385
    ljs385 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I may belong here :)

My cats are called Tiberius, Ezri and McCoy :) I read Game of Thrones way before the tv series (and I'm concerned that Mr Martin will die before he finishes the books!!!) I'm a Stephen king fan - love the stand and excited about the new film!
    Anime - I love FMA old version, not caught up on the newish one yet.
    Supernatural I love (despite the dodgy season. My next cat may be called Castiel :) )
    Getting back into Skyrim and looking forward to the next Uncharted and the Last of us.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    ...hmmmmm, interested.

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!

yup. seems a lot of horror lately has been nerfed to be suitable for 13 year olds though. eagerly awaiting horror's eventual return.

ughhhhhhh so true!

I'm a huge fan of the old slashers, but love a good zombie flick :)

My fingers are still crossed for Trick 'r Treat 2...it needs to happen!!!!
    Trick 'r Treat ROCKED. we need more Sam!! I heard it wasn't a matter of "if", but "when" we get part 2. though we had to wait for the first.

I looooooooooooooooove Sam!!! Trick 'r Treat is one of my favorites. I ran out of time for Halloween this year, but I was working on a Sam costume for myself. My Mother-in-law helped with the jumpsuit. It came out great :) I will be ready for 2015 Halloween.
    sounds awesome! :D

• FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

I play support so that everything is my fault till the end of time. And its free so you can download it and play with no money involved which is great if you hate it.

I also love my kindle and all the sites that let me steal ebooks and calibre to format them for my kindle.

He mains ADC so he's probably the main person complaining about you haha he actually wants me to learn to play support so he'd always have one. I have been thinking about downloading it since it is free but it seems like such a time sink, or at least the way he plays it, it is.

I have a nook but I still prefer to hold a book when I'm reading. Something just doesn't feel right about not having one in my hand.

• Boganella
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

I play support so that everything is my fault till the end of time. And its free so you can download it and play with no money involved which is great if you hate it.

I also love my kindle and all the sites that let me steal ebooks and calibre to format them for my kindle.

He mains ADC so he's probably the main person complaining about you haha he actually wants me to learn to play support so he'd always have one. I have been thinking about downloading it since it is free but it seems like such a time sink, or at least the way he plays it, it is.

I have a nook but I still prefer to hold a book when I'm reading. Something just doesn't feel right about not having one in my hand.
    It is the biggest time sink in the world. I have wasted hours and countless dollars on this game.

I still have shelves and shelves of paper books but I will take free over actually paying for things any day lol.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you'd call me a geek or not. I work in IT and read a lot of science fiction. Oh yeah, I do like Doctor Who, but I think Moffet needs a spanking, just sayin'. Man can't write a good female character to save his life.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Avid reader, Walking Dead, The 100, Dexter, and loads of other shows. Have only been to one Anime Convention. Don't play many games these days
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Geek-in-training here! Not much into gaming, although Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past holds a special place in my heart. Voracious reader, loves LOTR/Hobbit, GoT, Sherlock, Outlander (Bueller? Anyone?), Vikings.

Geez, that reads like a bad personal ad, doesn't it?
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Any of the horror fans here played P.T. on the PS4? That game is SCARY. It also made me super excited for Silent Hills. Starring Norman Reedus and directed by Guillermo del Torro? I need it.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Huge Who geek! Well, actually, a huge geek in general. Gamer (right now Rift, though I have experience with almost all the MMOs,) avid book worm (Orson Scott Card, Tamora Pierce, Mercedes Lackey, etc) SciFi/Fantasy movie enthusiast... And the Holy Trinity of SuperWhoLock, of course.

All geeks welcome to add me! :D
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ljs385 wrote: »
    I may belong here :)

My cats are called Tiberius, Ezri and McCoy :) I read Game of Thrones way before the tv series (and I'm concerned that Mr Martin will die before he finishes the books!!!) I'm a Stephen king fan - love the stand and excited about the new film!
    Anime - I love FMA old version, not caught up on the newish one yet.
    Supernatural I love (despite the dodgy season. My next cat may be called Castiel :) )
    Getting back into Skyrim and looking forward to the next Uncharted and the Last of us.
    So much this. If he does, he may go down as the biggest troll in literary history.

Oh, and your cats are awesome.