Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This. Is. So. True.
    Especially with all the side quests they have you do now. Holy crap.
    I was fully unprepared for how big and immersive this game is, but I'm ecstatic about it. I doubt I'm even halfway through and I'm already planning a second playthrough.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Last games I played were on NES/Super NES - Super Mario, Tiny Toons Adventure, The Adventures of Bartman, Super Mario Bros. Although, I used to love playing Tekken and Street Fighter at arcades.

However, I'm a big tv/movie/music/book nerd. :) I Love Lucy, The Munsters, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Doctor Who, STNG, ST Voyager, and yes - I love Star Wars even though I love Star Trek lol. Supernatural, Psych, American Horror Story (all of them), The Originals, Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasure - I judge myself for watching it), Being Human, Heros, Lost, Brooklyn 99, I'm going to stop myself before I continue with tv shows then start on movies. Classics to musicals to dramas to comedies to action to sci fi to fantasy to superheros...I think Lonely Island would call me a "cinephile".

*stops self from writing more* Good day.

Musicals! I'm a nerd for them. 7 bride for 7 brothers, all gene kelly, etc etc.

Yesssssssssssssssssss!!
  • Naptownbabi
    Naptownbabi Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Also a shhh... YA book geek. Divergernt, hunger games, Shiver, HON, Mortal instruments Gasp twilight!!!. I love them all.

We all have our guilty pleasures :) I consumed the Twilight books. I'm a Jake girl :D

I m also team Jake. he was soooo much better for Bella!! lol
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options
    Last games I played were on NES/Super NES - Super Mario, Tiny Toons Adventure, The Adventures of Bartman, Super Mario Bros. Although, I used to love playing Tekken and Street Fighter at arcades.

However, I'm a big tv/movie/music/book nerd. :) I Love Lucy, The Munsters, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Doctor Who, STNG, ST Voyager, and yes - I love Star Wars even though I love Star Trek lol. Supernatural, Psych, American Horror Story (all of them), The Originals, Vampire Diaries (guilty pleasure - I judge myself for watching it), Being Human, Heros, Lost, Brooklyn 99, I'm going to stop myself before I continue with tv shows then start on movies. Classics to musicals to dramas to comedies to action to sci fi to fantasy to superheros...I think Lonely Island would call me a "cinephile".

Love love love Being Human (US version, never watched the UK)...and I recently made my kids watch West Side Story with me :smile: They were not as thrilled as I was, although I have gotten them into Star Wars and they liked the newer Star Trek movies.

Anyone else like the Clone Wars and Rebels?

West Side Story is a tough one for first time musical watchers. I love musicals and I don't want to watch it more than once. Try a comedy musical. At least they like Star Wars! :)

My 15 yr old niece never saw Star Wars or Ghostbusters. We had a movie marathon weekend and now she is addicted.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Love love love Being Human (US version, never watched the UK)...and I recently made my kids watch West Side Story with me :smile: They were not as thrilled as I was, although I have gotten them into Star Wars and they liked the newer Star Trek movies.

I've been enjoying Rebels, it's a bit like Star Wars meets Firefly
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options

Yeah! Finished season 4 of Clone Wars recently. That show really gets better and better as it goes. Plan on wrapping it all up in the next couple months.

As for Rebels, I'm almost current. It's alright so far; hard to judge yet. Before the show started, I read the prequel novel which was a good intro to the characters:
    starwars.wikia.com/wiki/A_New_Dawn
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    Options
    Mortal instruments
    Love those books!! The movie IMO was terrible :( I love the Infernal Devices series too.

I love Ilona Andrews and Jeanie Frost books too. :#

• Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I'm a huge nerd too! Don't own a console though, since I'm mostly part of the PC master race.

PCS are awesome as well. I don't have many games on my PC though. Can never get us to the controls that way. It's like multitasking with my fingers and for some reason that is damn near impossible for me.

Quite a few PC games allow you to use an xbox controller plugged into a usb port.

I myself am an avid WoW and LoL player.

My boyfriend would love you.

I play WoW, not LoL (yet? I'm being pushed to try it) I love HP, A SOIAF books, the GoT show, The King killer Chronicles, and I can go on. I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

I play support so that everything is my fault till the end of time. And its free so you can download it and play with no money involved which is great if you hate it.

I also love my kindle and all the sites that let me steal ebooks and calibre to format them for my kindle.
  • goldenrodfarm
    goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a book nerd plus I did a lot of gaming, played Travan for a year, but I had to leave, just was taking too much time, that game will take 24 hours a day 7 days a week and each game was a year long, they have shorter games now. I have a Big Fish Game subscription so I get games from there often, It is better time management for me to play a game that has an end.
    I love Si Fi books, all kinds, I am rereading the hobbit and lord of the rings right now, I loved all of Anne MacCaffery books, dragons are wonderful! so many books and so much to read, I have about 8 bookcases in my house filled with books I can't part with, I am a book re-reader.
    I also love doing quilting and used to do a lot of cross stitch, not so much now because of not being able to see as well, I spin wool and knit, way too many things to do in this world!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love reading, I just started a Japanese steampunk book I have high hopes for as well.

What is this book called? It sounds awesome!
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »
    Even though you can't tell by looking at me... Me = gamer, metalhead, general nerd, LOTR fanatic (well, fantasy stuff in general)... Computers, technology, GLASSES ;), Comic books, Marvel universe, Some DC stuff too... Also, Walking Dead obsession. :P

Yes!! Welcome to the family. I'm a consoler. I have 7. But I'm mainly on my 360 right now.

I'm a Sony guy, but I've had all of them except the xbox one... I actually still have my Atari (was my dad's), NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, GameCube, N64. :P

Let's take a second to talk about the awesomeness that is the n64. I mean, it just doesn't die. All hail.

I have clocked in so many hours on HM64. Anyone else a bit of an addict on HM?
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »

That's one I've never watched and always have meant to - huge Joss Whedon fan. Buffy is one of my all time faves! And I've loved Nathan Fillion since he was on One Life to Live :wink:
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Even though you can't tell by looking at me... Me = gamer, metalhead, general nerd, LOTR fanatic (well, fantasy stuff in general)... Computers, technology, GLASSES ;), Comic books, Marvel universe, Some DC stuff too... Also, Walking Dead obsession. :P

Yes!! Welcome to the family. I'm a consoler. I have 7. But I'm mainly on my 360 right now.

I'm a Sony guy, but I've had all of them except the xbox one... I actually still have my Atari (was my dad's), NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, GameCube, N64. :P

Let's take a second to talk about the awesomeness that is the n64. I mean, it just doesn't die. All hail.

I have clocked in so many hours on HM64. Anyone else a bit of an addict on HM?
    "Conker's bad fur day". a classic. "Perfect Dark" was pretty good too...but due to that wonkey controller, I had to learn to shoot left handed. :(

• adramaticpirate
    adramaticpirate Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in class sneaking. Love you guys lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Join this group!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

I'm a Whovian, gamer (RPGs, MMOs, although less than I used to, but loved Dragon Age 3, well, all of them), huge Marvel Cinematic Universe fan, love fantasy/sci books and TV shows.
  • gam3rguy
    Options

That's one I've never watched and always have meant to - huge Joss Whedon fan. Buffy is one of my all time faves! And I've loved Nathan Fillion since he was on One Life to Live :wink:

Buffy and angel ROCKED! I also read a couple of the novels "pretty maids, all in a row" being my fav. have the seasons 8+9 comics, the Gameboy color game, the Gameboy advance game and both XBOX games. "chaos bleeds" totally crashes when fighting Kokistos. pretty sure I might have probably spelled that name wrong. "the dude" Faith fights.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Options

It's always cheap at a DVD store if you (can find one), I think it's still on Netflix, that was my way into the Wheadon Universe.
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This make me very happy! :)

I'm more of a book nerd.

But, give me a good platformer and I'm happy: Mario, Zelda, Sonic... it all makes me very happy.

I'm half way through Sword of Truth and starting Game of Thrones. I have so many books but just keep buying more.

SoT series is amazing. The tv series was ok. Season 2 was entirely too rushed and I disliked how they made Kahlan seem like a jealous whiny insecure girlfriend. But I liked the actress! I have yet to read GoT but I am enjoying the series (I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to the gore) but I have been handling it ok. I made some miniature dragon eggs a while back. They were so cute.

I have to add several things to my list of fandoms because everyone is mentioning theirs and I forgot so many until they got mentioned! Firefly, Marvel but Wonder woman is my spirit animal and I love Catwoman. I have a general love of fantasy and comic books but I also love retro styling so I often wear my hair in victory rolls and wear my superhero tees at the same time. I am a seamstress and clay artist so I am always making something geeky or retro or both. I have a thing about zombie culture even though I am highly afraid of them lol. Love the RE games. The movies are ok if you can separate them from the gaming universe. Also Evil Dead- old school. Because Bruce Campbell!

I'm sure I missed a ton though still...
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ahhh fellow SPN fen! (And, for that matter, basically everything else.) Have you watched Sleepy Hollow? As much as I love Supernatural, the first season of Sleepy Hollow is basically everything from Supernatural done better. :D

Also, this whole thread is great. :D My son is named after Miles from the Vorkosigan series of books by Bujold. I definitely lean more sci-fi than fantasy, though I adore Game of Thrones. (Except the book that didn't have any of the characters I liked in it. Harrumph.)

Yes, started watching SH, got a bit behind, however will force myself to do a marathon. I have them DVRrd.

We have to agree to disagree on the bit about it being "done better".... >:)

Maybe I should hit GOT books...That is what I need, more books, lol. I am trying to slog through Pride and Prejudice.

My anime genre is "demon anime".

• gam3rguy
    Options
    Hey! Any Horror fans?!?!

yup. seems a lot of horror lately has been nerfed to be suitable for 13 year olds though. eagerly awaiting horror's eventual return.