Geeks need support too! Fandoms Unite!!

Options

Replies

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been meaning to reply to this thread. I'm a vegetarian, Whedonite, Firefly, technophile, space and science nerd, love cult cinema and 80s of course (Goonies, BTTF, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc), sci-fi, books on books on books man (King, LOTR, Pendergast, fantasy, anything really), stand-up comedy (Louis CK, Amy Poehler, SNL, Dave Chappelle) so many things. I love comics too. Currently reading Nailbiter from Image, a book drawn by my friend Mike. I'm also into gaming but have not had a console in a few years. I miss my X360 and Halo! I'm currently playing Diablo III on Torment. I don't play enough to get higher. I have Blizzard, Steam and XBox Live accounts. I really can't even list all the things I love. I was a film critic for years, and talked about pop culture on the radio. Happy to support anyone here. I have another 13kg/30lbs to go. (Living in Australia, from Texas)
  • safinarayar
    safinarayar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking for support from fellow gamers, nerds and geeks alike! Im in just about every fandom you can imagine, I mean my daughters name is Amelia Rose. Lol. Doctor Who fans will understand. I also own 7 gaming systems and way too many books. If you are like me, add me and we can support each other while talking about nerdy things. :)

Amelia Rose! I love it!
    I named my first daughter Inaya Sara inspired by Inara Serra from Firefly.

• DefyGravity810
    DefyGravity810 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I love Doctor Who, Harry Potter, LOTR, Sherlock, and so many other geeky things. I'm lost 76 so far and have 80 to go so I'm still going through the struggle but have also had some success too to try to be helpful to anyone just starting.
  • kcarp0113
    Options
    I'm very new (this is my first post), but hope to stick around for a while. I have many loves including Supernatural, LoTR, SW, HP, and too many others. I love books and will read just about anything. Hopeless at crafts, I like them, my skills just lie in other areas. I'm a computer gamer mostly, but console when it's family time. My first MMO was SWG (Flurry server), and I miss it terribly. I'm 34, married to my best friend, and have 3 kids. Oh, and I'm in the process of slowly buying all my paper books on kindle so I can secretly read on my phone at work.
  • kclark1125
    kclark1125 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love this! This morning I planned a trip to go to a convention and meet a few of my heroes. I have never been more motivated to get in shape. I mean meeting Jenson, Jared, Mark and Misha who wouldnt :) This is not to "look good" for them but to make sure I make the most out of the experience, Including going out on the town.
  • melissaclaire93
    melissaclaire93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YAS DOCTOR WHO!!!! The fact your daughters name is Ameilia Rose makes me so excited haha

anyways, YES guys add me! I love Doctor who, Harry Potter, Hunger Games, movies in general, ANYTHING musical theatre, disney and Hedgehogs. I love m hedgehog. His name is Ozzie, but since he's so chunky we call him Gus Gus (from Disney's cinderella)
  • tehwonderball
    Options
    Me! I'm such a nerd. I love Sherlock, Harry Potter, books and a bunch of other stuff. I really want to start Dr. Who, but I'm not sure where to start.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    kclark1125 wrote: »
    I love this! This morning I planned a trip to go to a convention and meet a few of my heroes. I have never been more motivated to get in shape. I mean meeting Jenson, Jared, Mark and Misha who wouldnt :) This is not to "look good" for them but to make sure I make the most out of the experience, Including going out on the town.
    Supernatural con exclusively, or another con? That sounds awesome! Good luck reaching your goals. :smile:

• jessicado22
    jessicado22 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Harry Potter fandom member right here. Seriously pissed I still haven't gotten my freaking letter to Hogwarts. Although I've always liked the series, I've only recently decided to become a geek about it and embrace my love of the wizarding world - my weight loss goal rewards is now a HP tattoo :)

I honestly don't get to watch much TV (working my way slowly through Vampire Diaries right now when I run on the treadmill) as kids don't really allow for adult TV time...so not really any other fandoms. I just listen to a crapton of audiobooks.

Me too!! What are you getting? Here's mine (not sure where yet):

u20bkuyhw5xs.jpg

Cool! I am planning on getting the Hogwarts Express on one side of my stomach, and then Hogwarts on the other... :) Planning on a tummy tuck in a few years and I thought those would be a nice good cover up tattoo for the scars :)

• taraontheblock1
    Options
    See, I need to get with the 360 plug in! With my daughter a little over 1, she has learned to turn the tv off and on and it makes my gaming days less and less. Killing me. Between her, school and exercising, I don't get to game a whole lot.
    -tear-

You know you have to drop the consoles and become a member of the PC Master Race. You must transcend.

My superfandom are the Winchesters...hopefully us "Supernatural" folks are included here too. Of course love Dr. Who, Sherlock, LOTR, and so on, lol.

I am an oldie here, 50 next month.

Jeannine in Missouri striving for Immortality.

Supernatual must always be included! Who doesn't want their angel to have a trench coat?
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Do you guys find body inspiration in your fandoms? :P Care to share?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    oh, ABSOLUTELY! that's why I do this. I read lots of comics and watch all the super hero movies and tv shows. I want to look like my super heroes! dorky? yes. gets my *kitten* off the couch!

• gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    oh, ABSOLUTELY! that's why I do this. I read lots of comics and watch all the super hero movies and tv shows. I want to look like my super heroes! dorky? yes. gets my *kitten* off the couch!
    pffft...LOL. it cencored "*kitten*".

• gam3rguy
    Options
    pffft...LOL. it cencored "*kitten*".
    "@$$"

• jojomonster
    jojomonster Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a comic book artist professionally. And I love gaming, table top gaming, anime, comics, and tv shows like Supernatural.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    kclark1125 wrote: »

Sounds like FUN!!! Soooo jealous.....OK, did some digging and found one that hits my bucket list.

http://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_denver.htm

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

Hahah indeed :D Super heroes always have nice bodies x) Such eye candy!
  • thanoshp
    thanoshp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me I'm a sci-fi and video game nerd. Zelda, mario, star fox, resident evil, halo including books for both, star wars and star trek. Would always like to meet new people who enjoy those things.
  • artofdawn
    artofdawn Posts: 14 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Adding my name to the giant nerd list. I'm a freelance artist and illustrator for the web comic Zombie Ranch. I've gone to a lot of conventions, but this year I only plan to go to ones in Southern California. If anyone goes to any of the cons I'm attending, feel free to visit me and slap any muffins or baked goods out of my hands - fans tend to like to give me baked goods as gifts and it's hard to say no.
    I'll be at San Diego Comic Con, won't have a booth (on the waiting list - fingers crossed) but will have my artwork up in their art show.

I'm a Dr. Who fan that enjoys playing/DMimg tabletop games like D&D or Teenagers From Outer Space. I've worked renaissance faires, play PC/console games (Currently trying out H1Z1), am part of a group called Yakmala (local group that watches bad movies), have too many books in my home, studied ancient Latin for 4 years (forgot most of it. Noli mihi molestiam facere), nerd watch shows like Dr. Who (planning a Twin Peaks watching party - need pie), enjoy putting together cosplay outfits, and a long term comic book/manga fan.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

tumblr_inline_n78u1hxvAZ1rkf4dx.gif

Salmon ladder is my favorite Arrow character.

And obligatory:

original.gif

ETA: There is also some very lovely Winchester action. And shoutout to the women of Arrow (Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland) for getting themselves into *fantastic* shape.