15 months and 85 pounds (LONG with lots of pics)

Options
124»

Replies

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hey I have a quick question, what are the benefits of doing things barefoot?

I feel as if I am more grounded and my balance is better. Running shoes are great for walking/running, but aren't designed for lifting. Because of all the cushioning they have in them, they can affect your balance and form when performing lifts.

I have a pair of Van's that I bought for lifting because they are more flat and less cushiony than my running shoes, but have been doing it barefoot long enough that I have yet to use them for that, and typically just wear them around from day to day. They make shoes designed for lifting, but I'm too cheap to spend the money on them!

A lot of it comes down to personal preference though. I know plenty of people who lift in running shoes and do so without any problems. For me though, losing the shoes made a huge difference.

• Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You, ma'am, are a badass! Congrats on all the hard work and success! Such an inspiration!
  • scoopskipotato
    scoopskipotato Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and my hormones are crazy but this brought tears to my eyes. I don't even know you but I'm so proud of you! You are such an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story and pics. You look happy and strong...way to go!
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE and yes, VERY inspiring so thank you so much for sharing!
  • Texalese
    Texalese Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    So inspiring! I've never wanted a personal trainer until now. You are awesome!
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You are an inspiration!!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    absolutely incredible journey! Thank you for sharing it with us and being so detailed in your individual stages of weight loss. You're an absolute inspiration, keep it up! I'd love to see how you progress so please update us!
  • assateaguegirl
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing the details of your story--- it is exactly what I needed to read tonight as I re-start my journey to a healthy weight.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing victories!! You are an inspiration and both your physical and emotional strength shines through in your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!