Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Does exercise lead to an increased sex drive?

Replies

• sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    I feel like that before working out and after... and anytime in between lol
  • BeastReborn
    BeastReborn Posts: 13 Member
    Indeed it does, part in reason because of increased blood flow.
  • mamameaof2kiddos
    mamameaof2kiddos Posts: 6,611 Member
    Omg hahahha
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    I exercise all the time and I'm Horney all the time so probs true >:)>:):#

tumblr_movz20oKTf1somw7ho4_500.png
  • mamameaof2kiddos
    Me, NO comment hahahha
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    if you are on a deficit and cutting you can go the other way, your testosterone can deplete somewhat. Bulking, maintaining and lots of exercise can definitely increase
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Me, NO comment hahahha

You have to comment or else we will just think it. :wink:
  • jimmmer wrote: »
    Depends.

If you're completely sedentary, then adding exercise to your life is a good thing and will probably give you some mojo.

However, badly overtraining will blunt your sex-drive, for example.

Like all things there's a spectrum across which it plays. It's not black and white.

This.

• Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Yep. Definitely. Not alone.
  • mamameaof2kiddos
    My comment is Sweet yet devil laugh. Its a o
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    Me, NO comment hahahha

You have to comment or else we will just think it. :wink:

My comment is Sweet yet devil laugh. Its an obvious answer hahahah
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    The only noticeable increase in libido I experienced wasn't due to the exercise directly, but due to feeling more comfortable in my own skin and confident about how my body looked. Sex is a lot better when you can just let go instead of worrying about jiggling bellies.

Overall, I had a pretty low libido before, and only a slightly higher one now. Not a huge difference and others seem to be experiencing.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    At my age l thought l would be reaching for a little blue pill to help the libido,

Low libido at 45 really???? My husband is 51 and sometimes I wish he would leave me alone for a minute!!!! LOL!!!

• LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    I don't know about the hormonal implications but if I feel good about the way I look then I tend to be a lot more "available and interested"
  • blondieluv2shop
    blondieluv2shop Posts: 86 Member
    Since turning 40, having a hysterectomy and working out, my libido is through the roof! I have been pleasantly surprised by this.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Yes! I believe that's also why they say couples that train together, stay together. :wink:
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited January 2015
    I didn't realise the difference exercise made to sex until I had a boyfriend who was 21 (when I was 30). Me - goes to gym 5 days a week. Him - young but drinks beer and dosen't exercise much. I really expected more from a 21 year old to be honest.
  • lisalips30
    lisalips30 Posts: 1,519 Member
    ABSOLUTELY! i fell like one sexy woman after the gym and i want to prove that,, after i shower of course!
  • ROFLwaffle82
    ROFLwaffle82 Posts: 205 Member
    I just worked out for 45 minutes and I jerked off threw times while typing this.
  • alfonsodiaz31924
    alfonsodiaz31924 Posts: 10 Member
    It helps bruh.... Being active helps your blood flow a lot. It's better then sitting at home doing nothing.