10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• cristianita
    cristianita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. That is exactly what I want to lose. I am at 135 right now. I need some motivation and this sounds like it can help me achieve my goal. Thanks!! :D
  • RobynneMarie583
    Options
    jemcad13 wrote: »
    What a great start guys... baby steps & little changes...

I'm thinking about setting a reward for 7 pounds lost. Just a teeny motivator to get me started.
    I don't have much money but I'm thinking about a necklace to 'win' wear all the time to keep me motivated for the next 7 pounds.

What do you think? Do you have any better ideas for a motivator?

I think this is a brilliant idea! I'll join you on this one!
  • MsTracy1972
    MsTracy1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Huango...I log after I eat, but I could do it before, I plan what I put on the plate.

Ok buddies, I am sore as heck, but I am going down to work out. Treadmill day today, lets see how many steps I can do.

Hope the day is going well for you all.
  • kegofstout
    kegofstout Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am in on this also! I am 5'4" and 135 not sure what my body fat is but probably higher than it should be. Everyone seems super motivitated and that is just what I need. I have the hardest time on weekends so hopefully this will help!! Hello April...can't wait :)
  • jboe75
    jboe75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group too. I have about 10 to lose to get to where I want to be. I am not bad but want to lean out more. Maybe this will help. I have lost about 50 pounds since my last child (he is 4 now) and done well keeping it off but I want to go to the next level. I love to work out so that isn't a problem it is all about the right diet for me. Limiting eating out, limiting processed food and sticking to REAL food.
    SW 154. Im also going by measurements but too lazy to go find them right now!
  • WWnot
    WWnot Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Huango - I log after I eat but check before I eat to make sure I have an idea about where I am in my daily calorie total. Helps with portions control.
    I also check menus before I go out to eat because I've learned the hard way that what I would often expect would be the lower calorie option on a menu is NOT! So far, my friends haven't noticed that I've been picking the restaurants lately - and I always pick ones with online menus and nutritional info posted. They have noticed that I don't really need to see a menu when it comes to ordering though!

robynnemarie and jemcad13 - great idea about the motivational necklace or bling of some sort. Hope you'll share a photo of your selection once you've reached your goals!

steph-135 - lol with the below +5C! My "whoa it's too cold" threshold is around -15C but it depends on the wind. I actually prefer running in the cold weather since I can add or remove a layer if necessary. Can't remove a layer in the summer; I think it's illegal!

Guess I better get started on my next litre of water for the day...and check out the menu for tonight's supper out with visiting relatives. Oh, and I should get back to work too...
    Have a great day, everyone!
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey all! So, I will be heading out to happy hour with some office friends. I have already 12 cups of water today. I am getting up and walking around trying to reach my 10,000 steps on FitBit. What would be the safest beverage to have that won't kill my calories?

I recommend sticking to a glass or two of red wine, or a vodka soda with lime and lemon. If you like alcohol on the rocks, then that is your safest bet. I like vodka rocks with a lemon!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    nikkistics wrote: »
    Hiya Fealight!

I've got a pretty similar goal as you, starting at 140lb and I'm hoping to lose about 10-15 lbs of fat while upping my muscle mass by April. This is my first time setting out a weight loss goal and working towards it. It shouldn't be to difficult to lose the weight, I'm only 24 and 130lbs is my set weight but I had a baby 11 weeks ago and I'm on maternity leave so I'm not on my feet all day any more. I had a really physical job before I had my baby and felt lean and fit even throughout my pregnancy just from working. I really miss that feeling but have never done any actual weight training or high intensity interval training before. I too love challenging myself and lifting heavy items so I'm looking forward to getting started. But where do I start?? I've got some fitness apps like the jillianmicheals one and fitwoman which have pre constructed work outs, but still it's overwhelming, all the options to chose from. What sort of moves or equipment do your workouts consist of? What do you find actually works for you? Any advice in getting started?

Cheers!
    Nikki

Hi Nikki!

I started out with Jillian Michaels DVDs last spring and loved them! I used to be very active and did yoga twice a week. After a cross country move and a new job, I gained a ton of weight and didn't know how to get active again. Jillian's DVDs did wonders for me! Specifically no more trouble zones and the 30 day shred.

Now I am weightlifting and using the Strong Curves program. I am actually the same weight as you with the same goals! Go us! :)
  • MsTracy1972
    MsTracy1972 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whew! Still sore, but I feel better now that I worked out. 7824 steps so far today. I was walking around here really slow this morning. How are you guys doing today?
  • jonikayrn
    jonikayrn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm very upset because I don't know how to post a message for the group and I don't know how to join. Can anyone help???
  • lisame84
    Options
    Thanks jlkermode! I'll have to check out that app. I think the biggest thing many of us, certainly myself, needs improvement in is being kinder to ourselves. Act like you are your best friend rather than your harshest critic.

Last night I had to work late so I didn't have the time nor the energy to work out but today I will. Planning on popping in a Jillian Michaels video when I get home but I know I'm going to struggle with follow-through. I'll stick with it if you promise to!!
  • jlkermode
    Options
    lisame84 wrote: »
    Thanks jlkermode! I'll have to check out that app. I think the biggest thing many of us, certainly myself, needs improvement in is being kinder to ourselves. Act like you are your best friend rather than your harshest critic.

Last night I had to work late so I didn't have the time nor the energy to work out but today I will. Planning on popping in a Jillian Michaels video when I get home but I know I'm going to struggle with follow-through. I'll stick with it if you promise to!!

I definitely promise to stick with it too! ;)

Yesterday, it was pretty crazy at work + dealing with blizzard warnings and just trying to get home before all transportation shut down! So, I did not make it to the gym either.

But today, I took my snow day as an opportunity to have a longer gym session and really gain refocus. Each day is different, but I am working on making small changes to my choices to help succeed. Glad I have some support with you ladies!
  • jlkermode
    Options
    Thought this was a cute article! The struggle is real...
    http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Working-Out-Your-20s-vs-30s-GIFs-36696898
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    jonikayrn wrote: »
    I'm very upset because I don't know how to post a message for the group and I don't know how to join. Can anyone help???

Hey! We are right here - we don't have a "Group" in the group section of MFP. So it's official, you're in!! Welcome :)
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    SW: 188
    CW: 157
    GW: 140 (out of overweight)
    UGW: maybe 130?

I'm doing the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution right now but I'm not eating within my calorie goal... gotta work on that!
  • allthewayk
    allthewayk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Down 5lbs since the 1st. Yay. Yay. Yay. I am avoiding refined foods and moving more. We can do this.
  • jonikayrn
    Options
    faelight wrote: »
    jonikayrn wrote: »

Hey! We are right here - we don't have a "Group" in the group section of MFP. So it's official, you're in!! Welcome :)

• jonikayrn
    Options
    Yay! Thank you!!!!
  • jonikayrn
    Options
    Yay! Thank you!!!!
  • estrella8282
    estrella8282 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to do this!!! I've put on alot of weight and want to get to the weight I was normally at.. currently 140! I would love to be under 130lbs!