State your recent gym resolutionist story for 2015

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I started cross training due to an injury, so today was my first day back on the upright stationary bike in probably 6 months. Had an old guy - who I have never seen there before, get on the one directly beside me. Yep, caught him looking down my tank top anytime I bent over the handlebars on the bike. Magically as soon as I was done, he was done and got on a treadmill beside a young cute girl...

Ugh, gross.
    I had an older guy do that to me at my old gym when I was doing squats and deadlifts. He's why I decided not to try Strong Curves there...

I have a home gym so I got nada. And when I go to PF to get my treadmill on, I avoid talking to people since I hate being there (TM + no air circulation = overheating, angry Lishie)

At another gym I used to go to, I remember overhearing some girls talking about "earning their dinners" while on the TM... I don't remember more than that though. I thought it was sad
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    so I'm in the gym as per usual, i've got a 25kg bar in front of me on the floor, resting between sets of squats. these two guys I've never seen before show up, very loud, obnoxious types. they walk around me to get to the rack of bars and proceed to workout in my mirror space-right in front of me. they're doing half reps and flexing between every set.
    one turns to the other and asks if he's using the heaviest bar, the other says no, the heaviest down here is a 25, look round to see me with this on my shoulders ready to go, look a bit miffed and walk away.

haven't seen them since.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Actually this year it's been pretty good. Sure more people but mostly more people doing more of what everyone else is doing. There are more teenagers doing some half-arsed routine with their girl friends but what the hell, they are there and not bothering me(or anyone else)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    _John_ wrote: »
    I showed up to the deadlift area and this wannabe was struggling with 315...when he was done I asked him to leave it all on the bar so I could do my first warmup set.

thats what I was thinking...until I have 405 on the bar, then its all mental blocks to get over

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    This year has been awesome. I go to a city rec center, which has a really nice facility. The best part is they just built a new VASA gym near the center which is doing huge promotions for discounted rates. They opened on New Years Day and their parking lot has been packed. Great for their business model, even better for those of us at the lowly rec center.

The one thing that still gets me is all the teenage boys that come in with they buddies or worse girl friends and the show they put on. It screws with my sets when I bust out laughing at some of the stuff they do. "Dude how much are you doing?", "Hold my phone, I can bust that out"! "Hey a basketball court just opened up, lets go"! All the sudden, the weight room is empty again. Ahh, youth, I'm scared for our future! But at least their not out gang banging or causing problems.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    shadowloss wrote: »
    This year has been awesome. I go to a city rec center, which has a really nice facility. The best part is they just built a new VASA gym near the center which is doing huge promotions for discounted rates. They opened on New Years Day and their parking lot has been packed. Great for their business model, even better for those of us at the lowly rec center.

The one thing that still gets me is all the teenage boys that come in with they buddies or worse girl friends and the show they put on. It screws with my sets when I bust out laughing at some of the stuff they do. "Dude how much are you doing?", "Hold my phone, I can bust that out"! "Hey a basketball court just opened up, lets go"! All the sudden, the weight room is empty again. Ahh, youth, I'm scared for our future! But at least their not out gang banging or causing problems.

Yeah, teens are the model of having no plan when they get to the gym. Those were the days. I used to do chest like 4 times a week. haha
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    No drama story. Sunday around lunch. Sort of a dead time for my Y. A guy/gal were doing a crossfit type of workouts. Each doing their own superset of either squats and some machine or hang cleans and double unders. Area was dead and I was doing bench, pull ups and jumprope. It was funny as I was checking out what he was doing and he was wondering what I was doing etc...
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    My gym story.. I miss the gym. The end >:O
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    Squating last night. Trying to hurry and get done, rush home and get the daughter to bball practice. So set up with xxx lbs. Get under it and some guy is almost right in front of me just staring. I was like what? Dude get out of my line of sight or something. I had my earphones and music on so I just ignored the dude best I could.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's a resolutionist thing or not but for some odd reason, my jumping rope elicts some stares. Maybe it's my boobs bouncing in my compression shirt.

I was going them (1 min sets) and then some guy on two separate occasions started going "air" jump rope or jumping jacks.

I know the feeling. not in a tight shirt though. It get to the point where people will notice the workout. In my experience. I have been jump roping for over a year.

also that 315 deadlift. My friend would say it is his warm up but I have easily seeing him deadlift

Like I can almost double overhead thumbless grip deadlift 315. Almost there.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Some chick was dancing along to her iPod and singing loudly to really inappropriate lyrics. Oh wait...that was me. nvm.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a resolutionist thing or not but for some odd reason, my jumping rope elicts some stares. Maybe it's my boobs bouncing in my compression shirt.

I was going them (1 min sets) and then some guy on two separate occasions started going "air" jump rope or jumping jacks.

I know the feeling. not in a tight shirt though. It get to the point where people will notice the workout. In my experience. I have been jump roping for over a year.

also that 315 deadlift. My friend would say it is his warm up but I have easily seeing him deadlift

You can almost do what with 315?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

• JeffseekingV
    Options

Post a video of what you mean because you are bananas
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    Anyone have any interesting experiences? I have a few but the funniest one is this.

It was dead day and I worked up to 315lbs. The bar was sitting there loaded up and I was just resting. One guy comes over (didn't know I was on it), reaches down and grabs the bar and gives it a tiny jerk. Then decides maybe he shouldn't be trying to lift it. haha. I was like, "dude, what are you doing and why are you touching my setup??" Just had to chuckle.

Hidden brag post?

HA.
    No.
    I can do 305. so for a man 315- isn't much- more like- "damn son- should get your weight up"

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

perhaps *over hand*
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

perhaps *over hand*

Yeah, I'm thinking he means overhand because overhead is called a press or snatch. Only real big Oly lifters do 315 snatches!
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I started cross training due to an injury, so today was my first day back on the upright stationary bike in probably 6 months. Had an old guy - who I have never seen there before, get on the one directly beside me. Yep, caught him looking down my tank top anytime I bent over the handlebars on the bike. Magically as soon as I was done, he was done and got on a treadmill beside a young cute girl...

Creep-a-thon. Dang

Yes. Very much so.
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options
    Recently made an older man lose his footing on the treadmill when I bent over to stretch. That was cute. Other than that, the resolutionists are slowly dwindling at my gym.

I chuckle when I see this one girl on the elliptical and talking on her phone at the same time... At a very low speed.
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options
    G35GT wrote: »
    I see people reading etc... while on the cardio machines. I don't see a problem with that. Going slow isn't that bad. It just increases the time to burn xx calories. In fact, I wish the wife would watch her cooking competition shows while at the gym vs just sitting at home.

Reading/Watching TV is one thing. But taking up a machine while you chat on the phone, when some are waiting, and some are trying to concentrate on their workout without hearing what drama is going on in the lives of others... That's what frustrates me.