White Rice Vs Brown Rice

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I skipped a couple pages, but I thought I would stir the pot a little bit. There is a marginal difference in nutrition between brown rice over white rice. Vitamin B1. Without that vitamin, people get Beriberi.

http://www.nobelprize.org/educational/medicine/vitamin_b1/eijkman.html

If you like white rice, you can cook converted rice (Uncle Ben's) which drives the B vitamin in to the white kernel.

Also, as a diabetic, white rice hit my system far too fast causing an insulin spike. The brown rice digests more slowly, giving me a steady energy output. The fiber slows it down somewhat.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Mr. Tolerable. What's your weight up to now? 140?

It is 162 lbs on a heavy day and I'd like to be 165lbs this year before I start going six pack crazy again.

At the rate I am going though its going to be six months before I am a real creatine free 165lbs

maybe you should bump your calories up 150 to 200 a day..??

well I am gaining and may increase my calories, but I have been trying to not sacrifice too much body fat in the process of gaining weight which is the bigger reason why it is soo slow.

Plus I hate food. I wish you could supplement 100% of your diet.
    Dafaq?
    Like supplement it like we supplement protein, daily vitamin, BCAA's - for example I wish there was like a veggie supplement with the same contents as a stalk of broccoli, a carb supplement with the same contents as a sweet potato -etc.

I don't know what the faq is wrong with thinking that.

Umm. Food is fuel. Food keeps you alive.

I know but it takes so much time to prepare it, buy it, eat it... ugh & eww.

I'm sure there is a bigger market for this then just me here..

Imagine just ordering a 5lb bin of broccoli powder like we do with protein off amazon twice a month and just supplementing that in two meals a day - it would be faster, efficient, easier to get down, you could get more down and there would be more content than juicing.

Oh you could try soylent but I'm not touching it myself. It's at http:\\www.soylent.me.

omg if you were next to me I'd kiss ya on the cheek :flowerforyou:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Why though would you not touch it yourself? It looks sooooo convenient!!!

You can now be so exact with your intake and data with apps like MFP and stuff.

During a cut stage this would be such a nice thing to have. - plus it is inexpensive.

I love food and I've seen the movie. ;) As a supliment I might one day but I'm not in a rush to try it.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

It is 162 lbs on a heavy day and I'd like to be 165lbs this year before I start going six pack crazy again.

At the rate I am going though its going to be six months before I am a real creatine free 165lbs

well I am gaining and may increase my calories, but I have been trying to not sacrifice too much body fat in the process of gaining weight which is the bigger reason why it is soo slow.

Dafaq?
    Like supplement it like we supplement protein, daily vitamin, BCAA's - for example I wish there was like a veggie supplement with the same contents as a stalk of broccoli, a carb supplement with the same contents as a sweet potato -etc.

Imagine just ordering a 5lb bin of broccoli powder like we do with protein off amazon twice a month and just supplementing that in two meals a day - it would be faster, efficient, easier to get down, you could get more down and there would be more content than juicing.

Oh you could try soylent but I'm not touching it myself. It's at http:\\www.soylent.me.

soylent green is people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly and if you can't trust Moses who can you trust? See what I did there? ;)
  • MrTolerable
    MrTolerable Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm still researching it, but this may be the ticket to many of my complaints and problems
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    I'm still researching it, but this may be the ticket to many of my complaints and problems

Let us know how you like it. I understand the inventor eats food a couple or 3 times a week but drinks Soylent the rest of the time.
  • MrTolerable
    Options

Let us know how you like it. I understand the inventor eats food a couple or 3 times a week but drinks Soylent the rest of the time.

Sent you a Friend Request - if I go that route I'll blog it, or at the least make a forum about it.

-Likewise I'd still have to eat a few times a week taking prospects and clients out to eat.

plus on the last review I read it comes to $8.24 a day - which is prob somewhere close to what I spend on my average solo meal.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Better get on it. I saw that last week or the week before, and the website said there was a 4 month wait on new orders placed.
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Better get on it. I saw that last week or the week before, and the website said there was a 4 month wait on new orders placed.
    yeah avg time to get on board is 11 weeks - but first time is the only apparent delay
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    I feel like this would be great for cancer patients and the elderly that have trouble eating food as well.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Dafaq?

I buy all of my groceries for the week in less than an hour. I cook all of my food for the week in less than 3 hours. I eat each meal within 30 minutes. That is NOT a lot of time. On top of that, I'm a full time student and work two jobs. As well as volunteer at a number of places. If I have the time for it, surely you do too.

No, I'm pretty sure you are the only person here with that mentality. That mentality seems unhealthy and borderline ED/EDNOS if you ask me.

And I'll pass on the broccoli powder. I love real food.
    cool story bro, when I was a college student I was in a similar position enabling me to get through school debt free.

The difference between me and you I think though is I have a career, not a job that often requires me on the road for periods of time, and if I am lucky getting back to my apartment I am leaving often at 5am, returning home after 8-9pm. Likewise I juggle many, many tasks in preparation for meetings in those after hours. The freedom to throw down some supplements for food that are healthy would be incredibly beneficial. presently I have to prepare what I am eating throughout the entire day super early in the morning.

the last thing I have is a eating disorder - smh.

It is like saying the creators of the Jetsons cartoon had an eating disorder.

There is no difference between you and anyone else- we just find a way to make it work and don't come up with absolutely retarded excuses for ourselves as to why we can't make it work.

I work 3-4 jobs- I go to dance class 4-5 days a week and I lift 3 times a week...Maintain a long distance- irregular hour/day relationship (our weekends are off set and we do not work the same hours)
    I regularly I leave at 7:30 AM and don't get home till 11 PM. I prepare my food in advance on Sunday and eat that through the week. So like Alice said- don't get into the "who has more free time" contest because trust- there are people who are busier than you who prepare food and care for others beyond themselves.

Learn how to batch cook and get on with it.

Finally- brown rice tastes like 10 day old burnt *kitten*.

Nope nope nope.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    jimmmer wrote: »
    I wonder if the people coming in here saying brown rice is healthier or has more fiber or nutrients or blah blah are even bothering to read this thread.
    I like hats too.

Hats suck.

Plus they have too much fibre...
    Brown hats only though. White hats are easier to stack.

Hat racist.

I do not have Hatred.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    I wonder if the people coming in here saying brown rice is healthier or has more fiber or nutrients or blah blah are even bothering to read this thread.
    I like hats too.

Hats suck.

Plus they have too much fibre...
    Brown hats only though. White hats are easier to stack.

Hat racist.

I do not have Hatred.

d48378oyq0oi.gif
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Dafaq?

I buy all of my groceries for the week in less than an hour. I cook all of my food for the week in less than 3 hours. I eat each meal within 30 minutes. That is NOT a lot of time. On top of that, I'm a full time student and work two jobs. As well as volunteer at a number of places. If I have the time for it, surely you do too.

No, I'm pretty sure you are the only person here with that mentality. That mentality seems unhealthy and borderline ED/EDNOS if you ask me.

And I'll pass on the broccoli powder. I love real food.
    cool story bro, when I was a college student I was in a similar position enabling me to get through school debt free.

The difference between me and you I think though is I have a career, not a job that often requires me on the road for periods of time, and if I am lucky getting back to my apartment I am leaving often at 5am, returning home after 8-9pm. Likewise I juggle many, many tasks in preparation for meetings in those after hours. The freedom to throw down some supplements for food that are healthy would be incredibly beneficial. presently I have to prepare what I am eating throughout the entire day super early in the morning.

the last thing I have is a eating disorder - smh.

It is like saying the creators of the Jetsons cartoon had an eating disorder.

There is no difference between you and anyone else- we just find a way to make it work and don't come up with absolutely retarded excuses for ourselves as to why we can't make it work.

I work 3-4 jobs- I go to dance class 4-5 days a week and I lift 3 times a week...Maintain a long distance- irregular hour/day relationship (our weekends are off set and we do not work the same hours)
    I regularly I leave at 7:30 AM and don't get home till 11 PM. I prepare my food in advance on Sunday and eat that through the week. So like Alice said- don't get into the "who has more free time" contest because trust- there are people who are busier than you who prepare food and care for others beyond themselves.

Learn how to batch cook and get on with it.

Finally- brown rice tastes like 10 day old burnt *kitten*.

Nope nope nope.
    ^well I don't do any 'batch cooking' lol thats a good idea!
  • MrTolerable
    Options
    Not what I was looking for but I am cracking up at this picture.
    scooter-hater.jpg
    lmao
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    o37uq.jpg
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Finally- brown rice tastes like 10 day old burnt ****hole.

Hahaha, you've struck my curiosity and how you know of this........

• sdsimancas
    Options
    I prefer brown rice for the taste and fiber. I make this recipe weekly then can re-heat it throughout the week for a side dish.

http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Perfect-Brown-Rice
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    4-page thread on White vs. Brown Rice for Bulking...........