How Can I Lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks?

Options
So on Valentine's Day, my boyfriend is coming home from the airforce and he has a huge Valentines Day celebration planned and I want to drop some weight before he arrives home. I'm currently 150 at 5'6. Any tips?

Replies

• mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You can't - at least not in a healthy way. Aim to lose 1 - 2 lbs a week. Figure out how many calories you need to maintain based on your activity level (using either MFP or any other website) and subtract 500 - 1000 calories a day from that.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    That is a lot of weight in 2 weeks. I would have recommended starting earlier, but that ship has sailed. Don't starve yourself, eat at a modest deficit and you could be down 10 lbs in about 10 weeks. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    you could drop water weight

but it won't make that much difference apart from to the scale - unless you plan on stepping on the scale in front of him of course, in which case there's nowt so strange as folk

Best to just start doing it sensibly ... you'll drop water weight anyway at the start and lift heavy

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not gonna happen in a healthy way.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, there's no healthy way to lose that much that fast. Exercise, use the site to figure out how many calories you need to consume to eat at a deficit, and you could lost maybe 3 pounds in that time with some of that being water weight.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Start eight weeks ago?
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same situation as you. I'm flying out to see my marine boyfriend for Valentine's day. Trust me, your boyfriend will be so happy to see you he won't even notice if you are 10 pounds heavier or lighter. And when you come home, change your habits to drop those 10 pounds in a healthy way so they'll stay off.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Cut off a leg.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif
  • Laurend224
    Options
    Cut off a leg.

Oh, I would be at goal then! My legs are the biggest part of me!
  • trippinonkittenheels
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

LOL!!! :smiley:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    You could lose water weight doing something like cutting out carbs, but it won't make you look any different. You'll just be able to tell your boyfriend that you lost 10 pounds.

And...FWIW, if he's coming back from a deployment or basic training, he's going to rip your clothes off no matter what you look like.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, to much weight to lose for someone at 150 lbs. If you weighed 350 I would say go for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Probably should have thought about this at Xmas time. Ain't happening unless you dehydrate your body completely or cut off a limb.
    Trust that you're NOT going to lose 10lbs of FAT in 2 weeks. You might lose some water, but that rarely does a lot for appearance if one is overweight to begin with.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Cut off a leg.

arm, leg might be too much
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    start four weeks ago.....
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not gonna happen, sorry. I'm your same weight and height and it took me 6 months to lose 10 pounds.
  • dianegbrill
    Options
    He is going to be so happy to see you that a few pounds either way will not matter. Love doesn't judge. Feel good and enjoy your Valentines Day Celebration!
  • Laurend224
    Options
    IXUO5zJ.gif

I never get tired of that beard. It's awesome!