McDonald's Run!

Options

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    jmacok wrote: »
    Great Job!!! I keep reminding myself that that place is McDeaths for a reason. Makes it easier not to stop by there. Keep up the great work.

McDeath's? Really? Care to elaborate?

McDeath sounds like some type of super villian or maybe an anti-hero like Judge Dread or the Punisher. Is this going to turn into some sort of Cos Play thing? :p
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    How did you resist the fries? The salty yummy fries?
    You must have super-hero willpower.

Since they stopped using beef tallow the fries are just bland to me but they might be better in the US than here. :neutral_face:
    Is THAT what happened?

They've gotten bland, didn't realize that was why. How sad.
  • jmacok
    jmacok Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I keep reminding myself that that place is McDeaths for a reason. Makes it easier not to stop by there. Keep up the great work.

I call it McDeath's due to the fact that it is fast food and to conquer the temptation to go there, I started calling it McDeath's know it would kill all the hard work I put in during my workouts. Burger King is Body Killer, Sonic is Sodium, etc... Just ways to keep me on track. Yes I will cave in once in a great while and have something from one of those places
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

McDeath sounds like some type of super villian or maybe an anti-hero like Judge Dread or the Punisher. Is this going to turn into some sort of Cos Play thing? :p

Judge Dread helmet with a cheeseburgler suit. Done!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Or this?

tumblr_mh9l7unL3i1rxvd0do1_500.gif
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Since they stopped using beef tallow the fries are just bland to me but they might be better in the US than here. :neutral_face:
    Is THAT what happened?

Vegetarians were rather upset with them, and they changed the recipe. There was a big todo about it, and I remember the big problem was with the Indian population since it's a religious thing and not just a preference.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I call it McDeath's due to the fact that it is fast food and to conquer the temptation to go there, I started calling it McDeath's know it would kill all the hard work I put in during my workouts. Burger King is Body Killer, Sonic is Sodium, etc... Just ways to keep me on track. Yes I will cave in once in a great while and have something from one of those places

That's the thing though. A meal won't kill your hard work. I certainly didn't gain back my 69 pounds because I had an Egg McMuffin yesterday.............
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

We used to refer to it as Taco Smell... but it had nothing to do with demonization of fast food...

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

We used to refer to it as Taco Smell... but it had nothing to do with demonization of fast food...

Mmm hmm
    tumblr_inline_mgijdyIYXI1qhgvys.gif
  • tamonique22
    tamonique22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job. You have great self control. Please ignore all the negative comments. some people just don't know how to say good job when it's needed. You did something that made you feel great about yourself. So way to go Mrs Mallory :-)
  • dbmata
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Is THAT what happened?

Vegetarians were rather upset with them, and they changed the recipe. There was a big todo about it, and I remember the big problem was with the Indian population since it's a religious thing and not just a preference.

yeah that would do it.

Too bad they don't have "fries classic" like good ol coke classic.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Nobody here blamed mcdonalds. People on this thread are fully admitting their OWN flaws and problems when it comes to saying "no" to certain foods. Just because you find it easy to fit a mcdonalds into your day doesn't mean everyone else will also find it easy.

I'm actually one of those people who can have a small meal at mcdonalds, fit it into my cals, enjoy the hell out of it, not feel guilty, and not crave more and more.
    But I'm also not going to rub it in someone's face and say "you can have mcdonalds just fit it in" because I know all humans are wired differently, and some people can't say no once they've started.

Congratulations to the OP, if you once found it hard to moderate your intake of fast food and now choose to omit it completely then you're doing a great job!
    Shame on the people who can't seem to understand ways different to their own.

^^^ Exactly! Good for you if you can have ONE slice of pizza/ONE apple pie/ONE whatever - the point is not everyone is wired the same.
  • jmacok
    jmacok Posts: 34 Member
    Options

That's the thing though. A meal won't kill your hard work. I certainly didn't gain back my 69 pounds because I had an Egg McMuffin yesterday.............

That's very true, it won't. But it has helped me make better food choices considering my busy schedule during the school year with classes and coaching. Plus it allows me to set an example for my students and athletes.
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to stop almost every morning and get their large Mocha Frappe without whipped cream until I realized that was about half the calories for my day. If I crave one now, I make one at home with a Maxwell House sugar-free (fewer calories) International cafe with water and ice (sometimes with fat-free milk).

I used to love their apple pies until they started baking them so now if I crave one (which is rare until this feed), I would go to Whataburger. They still fry theirs. :)

Great job and good will-power.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    laura3977 wrote: »

why not just eat them and fit them into your day?

because for some people (myself included) mcdonald's isn't about eating until you're full, it's eating the entire combo you purchase then getting an irresistible craving for more high-calorie foods. high fat food is a huge trigger for me and if i'm not careful i will go on a day-long binge.

Completely agree ... Even if we are all on the same boat in that we want to lose weight and be healthy, different foods trigger different cravings for people. For me food is my "drug of choice" - it's not a simple "I'm overweight because I haven't been following the CICO rule of thumb". I have to be careful that the foods I choose aren't foods that will lead me down a rabbit hole while at the same time allowing myself to indulge so I don't feel deprived and throw my hands up in the air and say "OH WHAT THE HELL!!! I can't live life like this!!!!". For a lot of people is a balancing act of staying within your caloric allowance and being self aware enough to say "this may not be the best choice for me at this time in my weight loss journey".

actually, it is that simple.

eat less = lose weight

mcdonalds has nothing to do with it.

and conflating cravings with food choice is comparing apples and oranges

Um, yes, I realize CICO is the reason why I'm overweight - my point is that for some people making the choice to eat something can lead to craving more of the same OR to other cravings. Unless that happens to you, you can't understand it and will definitely see it as an apples/oranges situation. I don't know you and I don't know what your weight loss history is so perhaps this does not apply to you and so you can't really understand what I'm saying.

ANYWAY, it's no ones fault but our own that we are in the shape we are in BUT now that we are in this weight loss journey, we each have to make choices that will be most beneficial. If that means I can eat fit a small order of fries into my day and be satisfied, great! OR it can mean that I'm going to be excited because I said no to something that I know will lead to a binge or to me feeling like my whole day is shot.

Congratulations for doing what is best for you OP AND for being proud of yourself for doing it.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    Great job. You have great self control. Please ignore all the negative comments. some people just don't know how to say good job when it's needed. You did something that made you feel great about yourself. So way to go Mrs Mallory :-)

Thank you!

And to clarify, this was a huge deal because I had already planned out my day of food and only had 7 calories left so I had NO room for a sausage mcmuffin and a delicious salty hashbrown....

thanks for those who supported! Today I have room for a McDouble and you better believe I'll be adding that on!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

I think you need to re-examine how you view food....
  • dbmata
    Options
    Nobody here blamed mcdonalds. People on this thread are fully admitting their OWN flaws and problems when it comes to saying "no" to certain foods. Just because you find it easy to fit a mcdonalds into your day doesn't mean everyone else will also find it easy.

I'm actually one of those people who can have a small meal at mcdonalds, fit it into my cals, enjoy the hell out of it, not feel guilty, and not crave more and more.
    But I'm also not going to rub it in someone's face and say "you can have mcdonalds just fit it in" because I know all humans are wired differently, and some people can't say no once they've started.

Congratulations to the OP, if you once found it hard to moderate your intake of fast food and now choose to omit it completely then you're doing a great job!

^^^ Exactly! Good for you if you can have ONE slice of pizza/ONE apple pie/ONE whatever - the point is not everyone is wired the same.

True, not everyone knows how to put food down. Self control is much like a muscle. If you don't exercise it from time to time it will atrophy.

People cave in to their own weaknesses, and claim "wired". That's not how it works though, we have this amazing ability to choose our destiny, if we want.
  • ndj1979
    Options

why not just eat them and fit them into your day?

because for some people (myself included) mcdonald's isn't about eating until you're full, it's eating the entire combo you purchase then getting an irresistible craving for more high-calorie foods. high fat food is a huge trigger for me and if i'm not careful i will go on a day-long binge.

Completely agree ... Even if we are all on the same boat in that we want to lose weight and be healthy, different foods trigger different cravings for people. For me food is my "drug of choice" - it's not a simple "I'm overweight because I haven't been following the CICO rule of thumb". I have to be careful that the foods I choose aren't foods that will lead me down a rabbit hole while at the same time allowing myself to indulge so I don't feel deprived and throw my hands up in the air and say "OH WHAT THE HELL!!! I can't live life like this!!!!". For a lot of people is a balancing act of staying within your caloric allowance and being self aware enough to say "this may not be the best choice for me at this time in my weight loss journey".

actually, it is that simple.

eat less = lose weight

mcdonalds has nothing to do with it.

and conflating cravings with food choice is comparing apples and oranges

Um, yes, I realize CICO is the reason why I'm overweight - my point is that for some people making the choice to eat something can lead to craving more of the same OR to other cravings. Unless that happens to you, you can't understand it and will definitely see it as an apples/oranges situation
    . I don't know you and I don't know what your weight loss history is so perhaps this does not apply to you and so you can't really understand what I'm saying.

ANYWAY, it's no ones fault but our own that we are in the shape we are in BUT now that we are in this weight loss journey, we each have to make choices that will be most beneficial. If that means I can eat fit a small order of fries into my day and be satisfied, great! OR it can mean that I'm going to be excited because I said no to something that I know will lead to a binge or to me feeling like my whole day is shot.

Congratulations for doing what is best for you OP AND for being proud of yourself for doing it.

to the bolded part - again, that is a symptom of will power/self control, not the fault of the individual food.

Yes, I go to McDonalds..if I want the fries, I eat the fries, but that does not mean that I am then going to go on all day french fry bender....
  • ndj1979
    Options

True, not everyone knows how to put food down. Self control is much like a muscle. If you don't exercise it from time to time it will atrophy.

People cave in to their own weaknesses, and claim "wired". That's not how it works though, we have this amazing ability to choose our destiny, if we want.

no, no , no ..the food overlords have already chosen our destiny, and it has binge written all over it...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!