McDonald's Run!

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Good for you avoiding that rotgut stuff.

My wife regularly treats herself to a couple of McDonald's sausage/egg biscuits on Saturdays. Even though I am driving, I just hand them over to her. That stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

I only consider fast food places as road food. It is something I will eat when traveling, and there is no time to sit and eat real food.

so fast food is not real? Is it zero calories too???

Depends on the definition of "real food". Fast food comes from a food factory where highly researched assortments of chemicals/ingredients are combined to be addictive and cheap with nourishment as an afterthought. Those ingredients are then combined with artificial coloring and compressed into shapes that somewhat resemble food.

"Real food" comes from a garden/farm and is easily recognizable as food.

can you list the addictive chemicals or ingrediants?
    Food isn't addictive.
    Food is food - it's all real! Boxes, bags, gardens everything I eat is real, since i don't eat my daughters plastic food that came with her play kitchen set - Now that is fake food.

Your so called definition is horrible and has the makings of issues with food, and disordered eating.

high amounts of sugar, salt, fat, preservatives, artificial colorings, preservatives

I have no further comment for anyone that could consider fast food to be "healthy" food.

Is there anyone really so naive as to not realize it is all formulated to keep you coming back for more? The fast food giants spend millions of dollars coming up with just the right blend of ingredients to keep you addicted and coming back for more.

I don't see anyone claiming fast food is healthy. They just don't think fast food is inherently unhealthy based on the label of fast food. It's not either/or.

Food is food. If you choose to label it healthy/bad/unhealthy/junk - that's on you. I think it signals an unhealthy view of and relationship with food. I think it gives too much power to a thing and I don't want emotions all mixed up with my eating. I just want to eat and enjoy.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Good for you avoiding that rotgut stuff.

My wife regularly treats herself to a couple of McDonald's sausage/egg biscuits on Saturdays. Even though I am driving, I just hand them over to her. That stuff doesn't appeal to me at all.

I only consider fast food places as road food. It is something I will eat when traveling, and there is no time to sit and eat real food.

so fast food is not real? Is it zero calories too???

Depends on the definition of "real food". Fast food comes from a food factory where highly researched assortments of chemicals/ingredients are combined to be addictive and cheap with nourishment as an afterthought. Those ingredients are then combined with artificial coloring and compressed into shapes that somewhat resemble food.

"Real food" comes from a garden/farm and is easily recognizable as food.

can you list the addictive chemicals or ingrediants?
    Food isn't addictive.
    Food is food - it's all real! Boxes, bags, gardens everything I eat is real, since i don't eat my daughters plastic food that came with her play kitchen set - Now that is fake food.

Your so called definition is horrible and has the makings of issues with food, and disordered eating.

high amounts of sugar, salt, fat, preservatives, artificial colorings, preservatives

I have no further comment for anyone that could consider fast food to be "healthy" food.

Is there anyone really so naive as to not realize it is all formulated to keep you coming back for more? The fast food giants spend millions of dollars coming up with just the right blend of ingredients to keep you addicted and coming back for more.

Oh thanks for spelling out how closed minded you are in advance because other than being completely wrong that's good to know. At least you are completely confident in your ignorance and intolerance of others who disagree with you.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Meh. McDonald's tastes like crap. I don't eat cheeseburgers, but if I want a great turkey burger, I'm not going to McDonald's. Mooyah, Five Guys, or even Red Robin. Pretty much the same price too.

no such thing as a great turkey burger....

You'll get a good turkey burger before you get good Five guys...
  • dbmata
    Options
    Dear god. Thankfully we can't do any of that at home!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    Meh. McDonald's tastes like crap. I don't eat cheeseburgers, but if I want a great turkey burger, I'm not going to McDonald's. Mooyah, Five Guys, or even Red Robin. Pretty much the same price too.

no such thing as a great turkey burger....

So wrong. Try one at the places I suggested. And when I did eat red meat, I still went to those places. Fantastic burgers. Oh, I forgot Twisted Root. So many better options than McDonald's with fresher ingredients and the price is about the same (a sad fact).

McDonalds does not serve turkey burgers, so it can't be included as a comparison point...and I will stick to actual hamburgers...with you know, beef...

Hey now, elk makes a great actual hamburger! :)
  • dbmata
    Options
    elkburger.

Has nothing to do with a hamburg steak!
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    elkburger.

Has nothing to do with a hamburg steak!

I must defere to the culinary graduate... :grumble:
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Five Guys does not have a veggie/turkey burger.
  • dbmata
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    I'd also add it doesn't have a palatable burger of any type...

Great for a cleanse though, that stuff is like grease through a goose.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

I don't like 5 Guys, either. I thought I was all alone.
  • dbmata
    Options

No way, definitely not alone. It means you have working tastebuds. ;)
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    laura3977 wrote: »
    Nobody here blamed mcdonalds. People on this thread are fully admitting their OWN flaws and problems when it comes to saying "no" to certain foods. Just because you find it easy to fit a mcdonalds into your day doesn't mean everyone else will also find it easy.

I'm actually one of those people who can have a small meal at mcdonalds, fit it into my cals, enjoy the hell out of it, not feel guilty, and not crave more and more.
    But I'm also not going to rub it in someone's face and say "you can have mcdonalds just fit it in" because I know all humans are wired differently, and some people can't say no once they've started.

Congratulations to the OP, if you once found it hard to moderate your intake of fast food and now choose to omit it completely then you're doing a great job!
    Shame on the people who can't seem to understand ways different to their own.

^^^ Exactly! Good for you if you can have ONE slice of pizza/ONE apple pie/ONE whatever - the point is not everyone is wired the same.

True, not everyone knows how to put food down. Self control is much like a muscle. If you don't exercise it from time to time it will atrophy.

People cave in to their own weaknesses, and claim "wired". That's not how it works though, we have this amazing ability to choose our destiny, if we want.

no, no , no ..the food overlords have already chosen our destiny, and it has binge written all over it...

Good lord! Do you own McDonald's/fast food stock?!?! It is unbelievable how defensive some of you have gotten at the mere idea that someone might "demonize" fast food. What do any of you care how anyone on here views a particular food? You can eat whatever you want in moderation and have zero trigger foods? AWESOME! More power to you! Should we all bow down to your amazing will power? ... Also, thank you on your insight regarding my lack of will power/self control - I had no clue.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job. You have great self control. Please ignore all the negative comments. some people just don't know how to say good job when it's needed. You did something that made you feel great about yourself. So way to go Mrs Mallory :-)

Thank you!

And to clarify, this was a huge deal because I had already planned out my day of food and only had 7 calories left so I had NO room for a sausage mcmuffin and a delicious salty hashbrown....

thanks for those who supported! Today I have room for a McDouble and you better believe I'll be adding that on!!

All this McDonald's talk made me crave it (I have zero will power you see) - had it for breakfast and enjoyed it tremendously! Those Egg White McMuffins are yum!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Good lord! Do you have McDonald's stock?!

No willpower indeed. I bid you good day sir.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

McDonalds v. Five Guys...no contest. McDonalds burgers are not tasty. And the fries aren't what they used to be either.

And correct re turkey burger. Oops. Guess I haven't been there since I stopped eating red meat.
  • dbmata
    Options

McDonalds v. Five Guys...no contest. McDonalds burgers are not tasty. And the fries aren't what they used to be either.

And correct re turkey burger. Oops. Guess I haven't been there since I stopped eating red meat.

I'm not even talking McD's vs. FF. I mean FF vs. anything that isn't rancid. That stuff is insipid and flows through you like a river.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

I'm not even talking McD's vs. FF. I mean FF vs. anything that isn't rancid. That stuff is insipid and flows through you like a river.

I have no idea if you like Five Guys or not, D, you seem to be hiding your true feelings and I think you should articulate them better. ;)
  • candacefausset
    candacefausset Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,
    There are always going to be those on MFP that will say such and such food is bad for you. And there are going to be those that say no food is inherently bad for you and as long as you can fit it into your calories and your macros, go for it. I agree with the latter. But I also understand that you may have already planned your meals for the day and could not deviate and therefore had to resist the fast food glory. Or that you may want to cut back on calorie dense foods so that you can be filled with larger quantities of food that are less calorie dense such as salads and veggies and lean meats. Or for whatever personal reasons, medical reasons, etc you feel the need to refrain. And for that you obviously felt this was time for celebration of your restraint and that you wanted to share with others because shared joy is doubled joy. So congratulations to you on making the choice you saw fit for yourself! Some will agree with you. Some won't. But what matters is that you are happy with your choices!
  • kalynbreann357
    kalynbreann357 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I usually get their grilled chicken and ranch snack wraps so yummy and so little calories
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing the other day, I debated the whole time if I should get something and I ended up coming back with nothing. It was hard and I was actually in a bad mood when I came back. It was like someone else didn't allow me to order, but in reality it was myself. It was a bizarre experience. I was proud, but pissed off...lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!