3 weeks no sugar

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    ELiCiT23 wrote: »
    Arent carbs still forms of sugar?

Yes. All carbs wind up as a sugar unless it is fiber that we can not digest as I understand it.

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I feel great from the 600 calories worth of Reese's minis I ate while snowed in due to Juno yesterday. To each their own!

^^ Aren't those mini's the best things ever? Love them, well worth each and every little calorie. Is it just me, or do they taste better than the larger ones.

I think they taste better because you get to have more per serving!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    To the OP, good luck!

really bro?
  • mikediverfl
    Options
    Did I enter a child's forum ??
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat plus everything I do in the gym. I eat within my limit to loose 1-2 lbs a week. I do not eat candy/cokes/pies/brownies ect ect . thats what I mean by sugar. Junk food was the love of my life.. I did't mean to start an argument here. Looks like I posted in the wrong place and to some didn't clarify what I meant..

Congrats on getting through three weeks with no sugary treats! Sugar has always been a problem for me too. And abstinence is EASIER than moderation. For a while at least. But you may want to consider easing your way back into having the odd bit of "junk food". In a controlled fashion, within your macros and calorie limits. It's not cheating! Some people schedule a treat for the end of the day, as a reward for having eaten in such a way that there is room for that treat. Personally I like to have it at lunch time, then go lower carb at dinner time. We're here for a long time, might as well be a good time.

I wish you success, regardless of how you get there.
  • LadyDy73
    Options
    Great job--- keep up the good work - Let the haters keep o hating
  • goldthistime
    Options

I LOL'd at that. This IS an interesting group of people.

• mikediverfl
    Options

Smh
  • mikediverfl
    Options

Smh

Just smile and wave boys smile and wave
  • mikediverfl
    Options
    wnz48zvra7lu.jpg
  • goldthistime
    Options

Smh

I should have added that they are brighter than they might seem. I sometimes wish they would discuss things a little more respectfully, but hey, maybe then it would be so boring I wouldn't be tuning in.

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I got bingo. Sugar is evil, processed foods, mean people, abstinence is easier than moderation, name calling when you can't put together a constructive argument to prove your point and fake accounts. OP, you want to cut out sugar, go for it. But the others arguments are valid and name calling makes you look small. Some of the others......oh boy.
  • jenwithapen
    jenwithapen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I haven't read through the entire thread, yet, but that's exactly what I'm doing (3 weeks without sweets/chocolate). Chocolate is my N-E-M-E-S-I-S!

I'm only 4 days in, but! Only 17 more to go! ;D

Good luck to you on your goal!
  • jenwithapen
    Options
    I feel great from the 600 calories worth of Reese's minis I ate while snowed in due to Juno yesterday. To each their own!

^^ Aren't those mini's the best things ever? Love them, well worth each and every little calorie. Is it just me, or do they taste better than the larger ones.
    The best things EVER!
  • jenwithapen
    Options
    I got bingo. Sugar is evil, processed foods, mean people, abstinence is easier than moderation, name calling when you can't put together a constructive argument to prove your point and fake accounts. OP, you want to cut out sugar, go for it. But the others arguments are valid and name calling makes you look small. Some of the others......oh boy.

Brilliant.
  • glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious how uppity folks get when anyone mentions cutting out processed sugar. Nobody is trying to force it on anybody else. Some people feel better when they don't have sugar in their diet. What's the big deal?
  • mikediverfl
    Options
    I'm so excited! I haven't read through the entire thread, yet, but that's exactly what I'm doing (3 weeks without sweets/chocolate). Chocolate is my N-E-M-E-S-I-S!

I'm only 4 days in, but! Only 17 more to go! ;D

Good luck to you on your goal!

It gets easier when I work out knowing I'm working towards something
  • mikediverfl
    Options
    Hey can't we all just get along ha ha
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I think it's hilarious how uppity folks get when anyone mentions cutting out processed sugar. Nobody is trying to force it on anybody else. Some people feel better when they don't have sugar in their diet. What's the big deal?

beside the fact that it is totally unnecessary and dumb…nothing...