Watch out!!! These foods apparently cause cancer....................

Options

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    What doesn't cause cancer?
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do potato chips actually have trans fats anymore?
    Not the kinds I eat.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I couldn't get past the 2nd slideshow image because of their damn annoying popups. And that's with Adblock on... jeebus. I think that website is a cancer.
    Yeup, straight up cancer.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options

Many foods that are labeled 0 transfats actually do have transfats. The manufacturer lists the individual serving as very small which puts the transfats below the level they are required to report. The problem is that very few people only eat one serving of junk food.

The best defense is to look for the word 'hydrogenated' in the ingredients list. If it has hydrogenated anything, it has transfats.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Just thought it may help everyone to know that EVERY SINGLE PERSON on this planet who's ever eaten carrots has DIED or is the process of dying!!! Never eat them again. Same for celery and steak and pizza and water and....
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    "According to Wikipedia" ... is as far as I got.
  • MaternalCopulator
    MaternalCopulator Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    How are we going to explain to the panic brigade that breathing air may have a link to cancer?

Best not. It may end badly.

Badly is relative. Some may consider that beneficial, as "bleaching the gene pool" is illegal, but if they do it themselves......
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, everything causes cancer, so I tend not to get worked up about these kinds of things.

rvdhxfvows74.jpg
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    "It’s probably not something you think about every day, whether or not the foods you are eating could contain carcinogens, but with almost 1.5 million people diagnosed with some type of cancer just last year, perhaps it’s time to look at what is in our foods that could be causing such a huge number of new cancer patients. Here is a list of the top 10 foods that you most likely consume every day that may contain carcinogens or be suspected of causing cancer"

Why do they publish such rubish when there is no facts around the claim? Its either "could" or "possibly" or "maybe" cause this or that. I might as well live in a plastic bubble my whole life on Mars!

Mars will give you cancer.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Well damn what else am I supose to eat!? No refined sugar and no chips, no thanks!!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Jones Salt and Vinegar chips have 4 grams of trans fat per serving. Unfortunately, they are the best tasting chips ever and local to Ohio.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    z8l208GkWCl7zsE08cWMdCoDeCwNXUX7-tOeooIBCp4=w285-h207-p-no
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Uh-oh, I better alert my 95 year old mother to stop eating everything that's kept her alive for 95 years. "Hey, Mom, guess what. . . "
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,937 Member
    Options
    But are they cancer causing for HUMANS? The article (if you could even call it that) doesn't say if it's for humans or for rats.

FYI, did you know clay (the soil) and chamomile tea are also carcinogens?
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I work part time in a grocery store and one of the baggers is constantly going on about organic foods and aspartame causing cancer and whatever random article he read that said such and such food will cause you to grow extra toes. Not only is bad for business it's also incredibly annoying. When he starts throwing statistics out I can't help but just laugh. The poor thing.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    http://blog.petflow.com/cancer-causing-foods/

Just posted on my page as to why I buy "good" food and pack it everyday for myself!

LOL, better make sure you aren't packing it in some of those cancer causing plastics.

I wonder how I've made it this long.
  • wantfit
    wantfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Does that mean I have cancer????

OHNOES.gif

That's fantastic haha!

Pretty much EVERYTHING these days supposedly gives you cancer or some kind of other illness. If I spent every day worrying about what could kill me I'd have a very sorry existence! Live life to the full and enjoy the things you love! :)
    Totally agree with you. Everything has its good and bad side. Just eat moderate, not excessive. Balance, Balance and Balance.:-)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    But are they cancer causing for HUMANS? The article (if you could even call it that) doesn't say if it's for humans or for rats.

I drink chamomile tea by the boatloads!
  • ValentineNicole
    ValentineNicole Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid most of these things. I think there's some merit to them not being great for you - especially nitrates and smoking meats. I actively attempt to avoid GMOs and hormones. I'm not perfect, but I feel good about reducing my intake of all items on this list (except Alcohol - you can't make me give up the *maybe* 10 glasses of wine I have a year!!)
    -
    I'm not trolling, either. I think everyone should do their research and decide what's right for them
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »

I drink chamomile tea by the boatloads!
    Haha, and these are the type of folks who drink carrot juice to prevent cancer too.....carrots have nitrates in them, the same nitrates they say to avoid by not eating processed meats.