Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Exercise + Under Daily Calories = No Weight Loss!

12346»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    brandiaw7 wrote: »
    Muscle weighs more than fat... It will take time for you to see results if you are gaining muscle... Give it some time... If you measure you will see a difference.

He wont' gain muscle on such a low calorie diet. Also, it generally takes a surplus to gain muscle as your body requires more energy to create actually new muscle.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    segacs wrote: »
    You're sounding a bit defensive there. People here are just trying to help.

Stop stressing yourself out. None of that stuff matters in the end. If you're eating what you're eating and not losing weight, eat less. It doesn't matter whether it's 1800 to 1600, or 2000 to 1800 or whatever. Just eat less.

BMR is irrelevant to weight loss. TDEE is the number you want to focus on, and that number is an *estimate* from every calculator and may or may not apply to you exactly. Plus, it will fluctuate daily.

Try this: Eat what you've been eating already, but strive for more consistency (i.e. log everything, resist the temptation to say "aw, f**k this *kitten*") and as much accuracy as you can reasonably muster. And then cut something out -- eat 10% less. If that doesn't work, try 15% less. Recognize that, even if you're underestimating, you're probably underestimating by the same amount each day, so just subtract from that.

You can do this. It doesn't have to be stressful.

"A much more accurate method for determining TDEE is to determine your basal metabolic rate (BMR) using multiple factors, including height, weight, age, and sex, then multiply the BMR by an activity factor to calculate TDEE. "

Quote from Kansas State article. Maybe BMR is more important then some or many people realize.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Can you afford to see a nutritionist? They can test you to see what your resting metabolic rate truly is, so that you can take the calculations from there. They'll help you troubleshoot it. That's what I did and it worked.
  • DanielNotDan
    DanielNotDan Posts: 30 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Can you afford to see a nutritionist? ...
    Haven't seen one yet. I've been looking for a local nutritionist/trainer (i.e., one person who is both) to help. Thx!
  • hlwick12
    hlwick12 Posts: 135 Member
    If you're willing to humor me for one week, I may be able to help. And if I don't have the answer, I have access to a network of ppl in personal training and nutrition - I can defer to them, or try to help find someone local (to you) for you to consult with. No quick fixes, no gimmicks, no guarantees. I'm not selling anything. Feel free to send me a friend request. If not, no worries.
  • DanielNotDan
    hlwick12 wrote: »
    If you're willing to humor me for one week, I may be able to help. And if I don't have the answer, I have access to a network of ppl in personal training and nutrition - I can defer to them, or try to help find someone local (to you) for you to consult with. No quick fixes, no gimmicks, no guarantees. I'm not selling anything. Feel free to send me a friend request. If not, no worries.

Thanks! Not sure how to send a friend request via this board, tho...(?)
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    hlwick12 wrote: »

Thanks! Not sure how to send a friend request via this board, tho...(?)

I haven't been able to do this on the iOS app...only on the web based application.
  • DanielNotDan
    Thx. I think you're right about the iOS