NUTELLA = EVIL

Options

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I have my own 'Nutella' like mixture I mix 50g of PhD Belgian Chocolate Diet Whey with 100 ml of milk. I still enjoy Nutella every now and again but I much prefer the mixture I make taste wise and the fact it helps me meet my protein goals!

If you enjoy it though, nothing wrong with making it fit. It's all about moderation!

All the best.

Adam
  • ludazatobom
    ludazatobom Posts: 53 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey live a lil so what if we have a tiny bit of nutella once in a blue moon. Im really
    Not too fond of the nutrition police. No one said Nutella is a vegetable , we know its bad but hell wont kill anyone if they have a bit.
  • adwilliams03
    adwilliams03 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love Nutella. I use it in my protein shakes every morning as a thickener/flavoring. I just count it in with my other calories and I'm still losing weight :)
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    If you put it in the fridge, it completely congeals--it is fat, sugar and not a lot more.

I find it completely disgusting.

Don't put it in the fridge then.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Just stop using food for entertainment. Go to a movie or buy a book and read it or even play a stupid game. Food is not fun, it's fuel. If your food is fun and you don't have issues, great for you, but if you are fighting your weight you need a new definition of the word entertainment.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I hate Nutella--It tastes like dirty gym socks dipped in chocolate. Can't stand hazelnut flavoring. *Gagging* A sincere waste of chocolate. Feel the same way about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups--a waste of chocolate.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I hate Nutella--It tastes like dirty gym socks dipped in chocolate. Can't stand hazelnut flavoring. *Gagging* A sincere waste of chocolate. Feel the same way about Reese's Peanut Butter Cups--a waste of chocolate.

I'm a non-fan of peanut butter and chocolate, but love nutella. That combo just works.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Just stop using food for entertainment. Go to a movie or buy a book and read it or even play a stupid game. Food is not fun, it's fuel. If your food is fun and you don't have issues, great for you, but if you are fighting your weight you need a new definition of the word entertainment.

^^^^This.^^^^ There is nothing wrong with taking pleasure in your food, but food obsession is another matter. We live in an age of entertainment. For the most part, our ancestors were too busy to be concerned with entertainment. Only the idle rich had the time to pursue entertainment. King Henry VIII is the example of someone who used food as entertainment. If you don't want to look like him, don't use food as entertainment. :)

• Lorraine128
    Lorraine128 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Why would anyone think nutella was a health food? silly people.

Each serving (2 tbsp.) of Nutella contains 200 calories with 100 of those calories being calories from fat. Although Nutella spread does not contain any trans fat it does contain 3.5 grams of saturated fat per serving. If you were eating a diet based on 2,000 calories daily that would be approximately 18% of your fat intake for the entire day. There are 11 grams of total fat per serving.

It should be noted that Nutella nutrition facts show that the spread itself contains a whopping 21 grams of sugar per serving. The first ingredient listed on the packaging is sugar. Remember that the ingredients on food labels are listed in order from most to least. This tells you that the main ingredient in this product is sugar.
    - See more at: http://www.healthguideinfo.com/nutrition-information/p110612/#sthash.Ox9lMWj5.dpuf

AND
    no artificial colors
    no artificial preservatives
    but
    ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR!

Vanillin
    http://www.befoodsmart.com/ingredients/vanillin.php
    http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.13860434.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanillin

I don't even know what your point is here.
    While Nutella is delicious, I can't really go back to it ever since my sister made me homemade Nutella for Christmas one year. It tasted like high fiving a million angels, and was so much better than the brand. It was far less sweet (not that I have an issue with sugar), and so much more nutty and flavourful. I need to make some...

Oh please share the recipe! Love Nutella but just don't buy it anymore as it's so hard to stop dipping in to it!
  • Jolinia
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

^^^^This.^^^^ There is nothing wrong with taking pleasure in your food, but food obsession is another matter. We live in an age of entertainment. For the most part, our ancestors were too busy to be concerned with entertainment. Only the idle rich had the time to pursue entertainment. King Henry VIII is the example of someone who used food as entertainment. If you don't want to look like him, don't use food as entertainment. :)

Although you must admit, King Henry was a stylish dresser!

I just realized this month (or maybe just finally admitted to myself) that every time I eat the SAD I get sad, too. Really, really sad. I bet if I saw a psychiatrist after a week of eating crap I'd be diagnosed with major depression, then a few weeks later, when my diet is cleaned up again, I'd probably be diagnosed as manic, or just pathologically, annoyingly happy. So that's even more incentive to find something else to do when I'm bored besides stick my face in a jar.

• CJDaniel7
    CJDaniel7 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Nutella is rare for me, but if you trying to avoid it here, don't ever try it in Europe. It is much better. Theirs is less sweet, more Hazelnutty, and less salty. So I guess it actually it makes easier not to eat it here. I guess the marketing department did the "American Palete" thing.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    just had my morning nutella crepe. it was fantastic.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    You spelled AWESOME wrong

Nutella = AWESOME

Costco sells it in 3KG containers.
    It's bigger than my head, and I have a big head
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I can't buy it. Ever. Sometimes my BF wants it and I make him take it to work so it's not in the house. I realize that it's fine in moderation, but I can't moderate Nutella. Or I found this Reese's PB/Chocolate spread that "YUMMM". Can't have that around either.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person on the planet that does not like Nutella. Either way food is neither good or bad. You want Nutella, eat it, log it and move on.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    A7WCp3iHRZvuU.gif
  • Aviva92
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I must be the only person on the planet that does not like Nutella. Either way food is neither good or bad. You want Nutella, eat it, log it and move on.

i hate this whole "food is neither good nor bad" schtick on here. a few years ago prior to my taking a vacation from mfp, the schtick was "eat more to weigh less!!! and starvation mode for under 1200 calories OMG!" that died and now it's sugar is fine and there is no good or bad foods and don't juice!!

some food is better than others. nutella tastes good and it's not going to kill you, but it's not a top notch food nutritionally.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I disagree with no longer buying it. Really need to keep working/practicing moderation. There are certain things that I overeat all the time. But I refuse to stop buying them. I just keep working/practicing moderation with that item until I have my self-control in check.
  • Jolinia
    edited January 2015
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    I disagree with no longer buying it. Really need to keep working/practicing moderation. There are certain things that I overeat all the time. But I refuse to stop buying them. I just keep working/practicing moderation with that item until I have my self-control in check.

But what if I have better things to pit my willpower against than a food industry that goes so far as to sometimes hook people up to brain scans during the development of its products in an attempt to sell more?

Edit before someone thinks I put all the blame on the food industry: I can whip up some concoctions from scratch in my kitchen that I'll devour in massive quantities as well!